to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Halo 4 update due "within next two weeks" - fixes Boltshot,

Your comments on our articles.

"Premiere competitive playlist" Team Throwdown out on Monday

An embarrassing confession: I've yet to actually kill anything with a Boltshot since Halo 4 was released. The weapon chargeable secondary fire is a joy to use, but that joy is strongly contingent upon the skill of the wielder, and skilled I most certainly am not. Alas, 343 seems intent on depriving me of satisfaction - a forthcoming Halo 4 update will hack the Boltshot's effective one-hit kill range down by a quarter to a third.... read more

Halo 4 update due "within next two weeks" - fixes Boltshot,

Postby smjenkins77 » 14 Feb 2013, 18:20

I'd really like to see more focus on the Big Team maps, which according to population, are the most popular by far.
It's sad there is only one map with a wraith on it.
smjenkins77 14

Re: Halo 4 update due "within next two weeks" - fixes Boltsh

Postby GossipHound » 14 Feb 2013, 19:51

Think I've only got 1 kill online with the Boltshot charge so far! Never tend to use it in my weapon load outs - stick with the plasma pistol instead for my secondary weapon - can guarantee everyone will be using it more now before its nerfed to bump up their commendations for the weapon. Like the post above I mostly play big team slayer but can get boring when every game is either on Ragnarok or Exile so would be nice to see more stuff for that. The new team snipers can get pretty intense and grifball is always a laugh. The Crimson DLC doesn't seem very popular - haven't seen figures over 500 for people on it for a while now whilst slayer modes can get into five figures. Hopefully this won't be a common trend with the future DLC/map packs.
Peace through superior firepower.
GossipHound 30

Postby PonderingWalrus » 14 Feb 2013, 20:46

This saddens me as I frequently succeed in taking on opponents wielding shotguns with my trusty boltshot but it looks like that could end with this update. :(
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby Waffles2541 » 15 Feb 2013, 00:39

MasterChiefJ117

You have used so many emoticons in your comments that if you put them together it looks like you were having a seizure. Big Team Battle are for those players who aren't willing to risk moving out into the wider world of Halo. There are so many other great game modes. Being fixed on a single one really narrows the enjoyment of the game.
I had fun once, it was awful.
Waffles2541 39

Postby Metalrodent » 15 Feb 2013, 00:46

masterchief instead of venting your fury here why not go to the Halo Waypoint forums, i have a few moans there (not that ive checked them for months) so why not add to them.

In fairness my moans are only minor - its still a fun game for me
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby Metalrodent » 15 Feb 2013, 00:47

shame they're nerfing the boltshot, in my experience hardly anyone uses it anyway - so it can hardly be that much if a gamebreaker as it is
Metalrodent 67

Postby Metalrodent » 15 Feb 2013, 08:41

FYI - I am one of those people who play Crimson map pack
Metalrodent 67

Postby Metalrodent » 15 Feb 2013, 08:50

MasterChiefJ117 wrote:and my friends list is full of some of the best players in the world most of which are all in the top 10 of BTB players in the world based on true-skill as well as other game types. I myself am STILL one of the top 10 UK players based on true skill and still in the top one hundred in the world even having not played it since the launch of Halo 4.

Methinks you be bullshitting
Metalrodent 67

Postby PonderingWalrus » 15 Feb 2013, 17:12

Metalrodent wrote:
MasterChiefJ117 wrote:and my friends list is full of some of the best players in the world most of which are all in the top 10 of BTB players in the world based on true-skill as well as other game types. I myself am STILL one of the top 10 UK players based on true skill and still in the top one hundred in the world even having not played it since the launch of Halo 4.

Methinks you be bullshitting

Furthermore, nobody really cares...
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby Metalrodent » 16 Feb 2013, 10:23

hey waddya you know, you are great at the game, sorry bout that then.
You must understand my scepticsim, this is the internet afterall
Metalrodent 67

Postby PonderingWalrus » 16 Feb 2013, 22:30

MasterChiefJ117 wrote:" Furthermore, nobody really cares..."

If that's the case Ponderingwalrus then WHY post a comment ? :roll:

I was only stepping in to stop the bickering I felt was coming.

Edit: On another note:

You: http://www.halotracker.com/H4/MasterChiefJll7?hp=true

Me: http://www.halotracker.com/H4/Tomr221?hp=true
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby GossipHound » 17 Feb 2013, 00:20

The Crimson DLC playlist is being taken down on Monday to prepare for the next map pack (Majestic) so will they now be integrated into the normal playlists? If so this defeats the object of paying extra for them if everyone's going to get them anyway at some point (unless they'll still be locked somehow but can't see how that'll work without causing match up issues?). Could mean that if you haven't got all the Crimson DLC achievements by now (like me :( ) you may never get them because no one will vote for the map if there not as popular.
Peace through superior firepower.
GossipHound 30

Postby Metalrodent » 17 Feb 2013, 00:24

GossipHound wrote: Could mean that if you haven't got all the Crimson DLC achievements by now (like me :( ) you may never get them because no one will vote for the map if there not as popular.

yup, happened to me with Reach and likely to happen with 4 as well
Metalrodent 67