to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Assassin's Creed 3 DLC The Infamy adds wolf allies, bear str

Your comments on our articles.

So that's what they meant by "whimsical", then...

You needn't look further than the promotional art for Assassin's Creed 3 DLC campaign The Tyranny of King Washington to know that it's madder than a sack of adders, but quite how demented the new content would prove we had no idea.... read more

Assassin's Creed 3 DLC The Infamy adds wolf allies, bear str

Postby Gazisdaman » 15 Feb 2013, 16:02

Seems interesting, maybe i'll actually get this
Gazisdaman 35

Re: Assassin's Creed 3 DLC The Infamy adds wolf allies, bear

Postby CunningSmile » 15 Feb 2013, 16:04

Seems a damn sight more interesting then the main game. Pity I was so fed up with AC3 I traded it in and so it's unlikely I'll ever get to play it. I've got every other AC game (and almost all DLC) sat on my shelf but I really couldn't see myself ever replaying AC3.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Mendes » 15 Feb 2013, 16:49

CunningSmile wrote:Seems a damn sight more interesting then the main game. Pity I was so fed up with AC3 I traded it in and so it's unlikely I'll ever get to play it. I've got every other AC game (and almost all DLC) sat on my shelf but I really couldn't see myself ever replaying AC3.

I haven't played AC3, have got or played all the other which I enjoyed to varying degrees, (especially the one with Venice in it having recently visited there was able to bore my girlfriend senseless by saying "I've climbed up there" at every given opportunity).

I do tend to wait till I can get them cheap and was likely to do this with AC3, but reading your comments Cunning, it might end up being a rental. What were your main issues with the game... repetition? Lacklustre storytline?
Mendes 34

Postby OXM ETboy » 15 Feb 2013, 16:51

The problem is bloat. There's so much meaningless crap in there - fetch this, collect that.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Mendes » 15 Feb 2013, 16:58

OXM ETboy wrote:The problem is bloat. There's so much meaningless crap in there - fetch this, collect that.

Thought that might be the issue, not a great game to keep my OCD under control then! Was thoroughly annoyed by one of the previous games where I couldn't get the last treasure chest.
Mendes 34

Postby CunningSmile » 15 Feb 2013, 17:23

The problems Grummy and I (amongst others) had with AC3 filled about six pages of the AC3 thread but Ed has pretty much summed it up in that one word.

I also had a real problem with the setting. The writers went some way towards avoiding the "American Good, British Bad" that we all feared but never managed to avoid the fact that, unless you're American, the Revolution is pretty boring and mostly revolves around a series of rich white guys complaining about other rich white guys not listening to them. The cities are pretty boring as well since most of the buildings are only one or two stories and mostly the same design so it even misses the main strength of the franchise.

There is good in there though, the naval battles especially are a real highlight for me although I think they sit badly in the rest of the game and would have been better as the focus of a seperate game.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby fracturedrich » 15 Feb 2013, 18:03

Ive just bought bayonetta for four pounds,having never played it i thought it was a bargain.What that has to do with the subject above i will never no,ive been at work since five this morning so that might have something to do with it.I give up on ac3 halfway through and still have it,maybe this will give me that push i need to finish it.
fracturedrich 46

Postby Shamanix » 15 Feb 2013, 18:29

OXM ETboy wrote:The problem is bloat. There's so much meaningless crap in there - fetch this, collect that.

thats def one of the major problems in there, also the whole setting i found really boring, the frontier was a pain in the ass to get around, hunting i found extremely boring after a while, the towns (cities) were nothing like the old cities from all the ac,s, i know its the time frame and all but they could have been a bit more vertical, the highest building you get to go up is some shitty church, the trees were pretty cool would mind seeing them back for ac4. :D and the missions were just shit lol rant over

maybe this dlc might inject some fun back into this game, i hope.
Shamanix 27