to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

How Trion's Defiance will make MMOs popular on next gen cons

Your comments on our articles.

Executive producer talks overcoming negative connotations

One of this year's less-sung, more fascinating releases is Trion Worlds' Defiance, a massively multiplayer action title joined at the hip to an upcoming Syfy TV show of the same name. As our most recent preview notes, the gameplay has a shade of Borderlands to it, offering brisk colourful combat and an immense array of weapons and abilities.... read more

How Trion's Defiance will make MMOs popular on next gen cons

Postby fracturedrich » 15 Feb 2013, 17:37

I got invited to the beta but it was pc only, and there is only 1 game that gets a play on my pc,my friend played the beta and says its got real promise.That ime looking forward to this would be an understatement,its a fresh idea,and a brave one to try it on console, i just hope its good and people get behind it. p.s terran all the way.
fracturedrich 47

Re: How Trion's Defiance will make MMOs popular on next gen

Postby Baryonyx » 15 Feb 2013, 18:55

This sounds fresh and exciting. Will it be perfect? As a rare and brave leap into the console MMO world, probably not. Will I be buying it? Absolutely!

The next generation of gaming will see much, much more of this sort of thing. The world of console online gaming has changed massively in the last generation of consoles. The next will no doubt see more MMO games, as infrastructures improve to handle them and players vote with their feet. They've been hugely successful on the PC and I see no reason now why they shouldn't be on a console.
Excalipoor
Baryonyx 40

Postby Sandbwoy » 16 Feb 2013, 14:21

I'd never heard of this game until a couple of days ago when I was scanning through 360 titles on the GAME website, but since then it's really captured my imagination. I think it has the potential to be something big. As this kind of thing hasn't been done on a console before, there's bound to be a few teething problems, but I'll definitely be backing it.
Sandbwoy 24

Postby fracturedrich » 16 Feb 2013, 18:20

Sandbwoy wrote:I'd never heard of this game until a couple of days ago when I was scanning through 360 titles on the GAME website, but since then it's really captured my imagination. I think it has the potential to be something big. As this kind of thing hasn't been done on a console before, there's bound to be a few teething problems, but I'll definitely be backing it.

Ime with sandbwoy ,ill be backing it.
fracturedrich 47

Postby ridinglikesatan » 16 Feb 2013, 20:44

I don't recommend, have been in both the open and closed beta and it's really bad.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ridinglikesatan?feature=mhee
ridinglikesatan 20

Postby Baryonyx » 17 Feb 2013, 21:09

Could you expand on that? I am still tempted.
Excalipoor
Baryonyx 40

Postby Xero Macharius » 25 Mar 2013, 00:50

Just so you know, Trion has confirmed (on the Defiance forum) that the Xbox version (full game, not just the beta) WILL be region-locked, meaning EU players can ONLY play with other EU players, US players can only play with US ect ect. PS3 and PC versions get to choose which servers to play on.

Trion has stated that this has been done at the request of Microsoft.

Just wanted to make other 360 players aware of this fact because for me it was a big factor in deciding not to get this game.
Xero Macharius 9

Postby Metalrodent » 25 Mar 2013, 00:53

Xero Macharius wrote:Just so you know, Trion has confirmed (on the Defiance forum) that the Xbox version (full game, not just the beta) WILL be region-locked, meaning EU players can ONLY play with other EU players, US players can only play with US ect ect. PS3 and PC versions get to choose which servers to play on.

Trion has stated that this has been done at the request of Microsoft.

Just wanted to make other 360 players aware of this fact because for me it was a big factor in deciding not to get this game.

hurrah, so we cant speak to the other big english speaking countrie, still - all the french teachers of the land will be happy
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 70