to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

OXM 96: Splinter Cell! Tomb Raider! Lightning Returns! The f

Your comments on our articles.

Get Hitman Absolution free when you subscribe

Issue 96 of Xbox 360: The Official Xbox Magazine is now on sale - and yes, the menacing trio of emerald lights you see on the art below are, indeed, the property of Splinter Cell's Sam Fisher, whose latest game Blacklist is the subject of our world exclusive cover story.... read more

OXM 96: Splinter Cell! Tomb Raider! Lightning Returns! The f

Postby fracturedrich » 15 Feb 2013, 18:20

Yeah get hitman absolution for free,get two levels from the end then have your file corrupted and have to start again,then play through again then,hey guess what,hit the groundhog day button and go through it again.
fracturedrich 46

Re: OXM 96: Splinter Cell! Tomb Raider! Lightning Returns! T

Postby DoubleA316 » 15 Feb 2013, 19:38

@fracturedrich it was a glitch caused by an update that's caused your problem. You need to clear the system cache in your Xbox console settings, then delete saved game and any dlc for hitman, then re-download them and you'll be good to go. You're right though, it was a kick in the balls.
DoubleA316 2

Postby Alaric14 » 15 Feb 2013, 19:57

I don't think we need to see Lightning again, do we? I can picture her and Cloud Strife getting together and exchanging soulful looks with the floor, which would only be marginally duller than yet another Final Fantasy sequel.
Animator, writer, and NPC molester.
Alaric14 35

Postby fracturedrich » 16 Feb 2013, 12:15

DoubleA316 wrote:@fracturedrich it was a glitch caused by an update that's caused your problem. You need to clear the system cache in your Xbox console settings, then delete saved game and any dlc for hitman, then re-download them and you'll be good to go. You're right though, it was a kick in the balls.

I will try it now.
fracturedrich 46

Postby fracturedrich » 16 Feb 2013, 18:17

fracturedrich wrote:
DoubleA316 wrote:@fracturedrich it was a glitch caused by an update that's caused your problem. You need to clear the system cache in your Xbox console settings, then delete saved game and any dlc for hitman, then re-download them and you'll be good to go. You're right though, it was a kick in the balls.

I will try it now.

No it did not work,its a good game and i will plod on,the irony of it it they release a update to fix this and it causes it to happen,something like the flu jab,console style.
fracturedrich 46

Postby GossipHound » 16 Feb 2013, 19:17

First I've heard of this glitch. I'm not far from the end so won't play this again until it's sorted out or can I just refuse the update - will it still play without it? Can OXM shed any light on a time frame for fixing the broken fix?
Peace through superior firepower.
GossipHound 30

Postby fracturedrich » 16 Feb 2013, 20:36

GossipHound wrote:

First I've heard of this glitch. I'm not far from the end so won't play this again until it's sorted out or can I just refuse the update - will it still play without it? Can OXM shed any light on a time frame for fixing the broken fix?

Refuse the update at least until you complete game,it does not affect stats,just forces playthrough.
fracturedrich 46

Postby GossipHound » 16 Feb 2013, 23:58

First I've heard of this glitch. I'm not far from the end so won't play this again until it's sorted out or can I just refuse the update - will it still play without it? Can OXM shed any light on a time frame for fixing the broken fix?[/quote]

Refuse the update at least until you complete game,it does not affect stats,just forces playthrough.[/quote]

Okay nice one. Thanks for that.
Peace through superior firepower.
GossipHound 30

Postby ItchyRash » 18 Feb 2013, 12:28

fracturedrich

Buddy, I sent a private message with a solution but figured i would post it here in case anyone was interested. This happened to me three times just last week. After the first time I thought it would be safe to back up my save. If you're online and have access to the xbox cloud save function, go to your memory in xbox settings and copy your save file to the cloud. Just save a copy of your current save game after each time you play. When my saves corrupted a 2nd and then 3rd time I had a back up to go to. It usually meant I was a mission or two back but better than having to start fresh all the time
ItchyRash 42

Postby Xero Macharius » 19 Feb 2013, 11:56

:shock: Spece Ops : The Line... COULD IT BE !!! NO IT COULDN'T BE !! BUT IT JUST MIGHT !! COULD IT BE...

SPEC OPS : THE LINE... BUT IN SPACE !?!?!?! :twisted: CWUTIDIDTHAR !!!!
Xero Macharius 9

Postby CunningSmile » 19 Feb 2013, 12:07

Xero Macharius wrote::shock: Spece Ops : The Line... COULD IT BE !!! NO IT COULDN'T BE !! BUT IT JUST MIGHT !! COULD IT BE...

CWUTIDIDTHAR? Translation please, we're all old and grumpy here and don't speak interwebz like you young things.

And it's alas not news on a new Spec Ops (much as I'd like one) but an article about shooters that are trying to do something more intelligent than your average CoD or BF. Interesting read though
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Xero Macharius » 19 Feb 2013, 12:43

CunningSmile wrote:
Xero Macharius wrote::shock: Spece Ops : The Line... COULD IT BE !!! NO IT COULDN'T BE !! BUT IT JUST MIGHT !! COULD IT BE...

CWUTIDIDTHAR? Translation please, we're all old and grumpy here and don't speak interwebz like you young things.

And it's alas not news on a new Spec Ops (much as I'd like one) but an article about shooters that are trying to do something more intelligent than your average CoD or BF. Interesting read though

Umm... I was pointing out the typo in the article, Spece(<----) Ops: The Line. Spece could also be pronounced as space. So I thought I'd use the powers of word pronunciation trickery to make fun of their typo. I thought it was quite clever :oops:. People may use it for different reasons but I generally use CWUTIDIDTHAR (See what I did there) to draw attention to (not so) humorous word trickery.
Xero Macharius 9

Postby FishyGinger » 19 Feb 2013, 12:57

I see what you did there.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby CunningSmile » 19 Feb 2013, 13:11

Xero Macharius wrote:
CunningSmile wrote:CWUTIDIDTHAR? Translation please, we're all old and grumpy here and don't speak interwebz like you young things.

Umm... I was pointing out the typo in the article, Spece(<----) Ops: The Line. Spece could also be pronounced as space. So I thought I'd use the powers of word pronunciation trickery to make fun of their typo. I thought it was quite clever :oops:. People may use it for different reasons but I generally use CWUTIDIDTHAR (See what I did there) to draw attention to (not so) humorous word trickery.

Ah got it now. As I said I'm old and grouchy and not down with this new fangled language so I missed the punch line
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby fracturedrich » 23 Feb 2013, 21:57

ItchyRash wrote:fracturedrich

Buddy, I sent a private message with a solution but figured i would post it here in case anyone was interested. This happened to me three times just last week. After the first time I thought it would be safe to back up my save. If you're online and have access to the xbox cloud save function, go to your memory in xbox settings and copy your save file to the cloud. Just save a copy of your current save game after each time you play. When my saves corrupted a 2nd and then 3rd time I had a back up to go to. It usually meant I was a mission or two back but better than having to start fresh all the time

Thankyou i never thought of that as i dont use cloud very much,when i start the game from the start again this week i will be sure to have back up,i did not no you could copy a save so thanks again.
fracturedrich 46