to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Harmonix moves Rock Band DLC devs over to unannounced projec

Your comments on our articles.

5-year-old DLC onslaught finally comes to an end

Harmonix has announced that it will cease to release DLC for Rock Band and its various sequels past 2nd April, in order to make room for work on unannounced games. So ends an add-on roll-out that has lasted over five years, encompassing over 4000 downloadable songs. Thanks for the memories, chaps.... read more

Harmonix moves Rock Band DLC devs over to unannounced projec

Postby PCG The_B » 18 Feb 2013, 18:48

*Sheds a tear*

*Salutes*
Ben Borthwick
The Blog | The Twit(ter)
PCG The_B 65

Re: Harmonix moves Rock Band DLC devs over to unannounced pr

Postby msbhvn » 18 Feb 2013, 19:01

Sad. I still miss Lips and was just getting into Rock Band 3 after getting it in the Christmas sale and now they've pulled the plug. All that's left now is crappy Xbox Karaoke. :(
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby JCHN » 18 Feb 2013, 19:35

Finally!!! When i click on new releases for dlc, I will see something other than Rock Band!!

Im scared.
JCHN 56

Postby Decent_Jam » 18 Feb 2013, 21:36

A truly momentous achievement from the Hamronix gang, very impressive and a quality game. Have sunk far too much money into downloadable songs for all three Rock Band games and continue to play RB3, music gaming at its absolute best.

I remember following the likes of Guitar Hero through the years and even presenting a special Radio Show at university which pitted the track listings of Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero World Tour against each other and asked listeners to vote for which they thought was best (incidentally Rock Band 2 clinched it). Great memories all round really.

Makes me excited for this mysterious new game, I hope it's good. Dance Central isn't really my bag.

Love the Semisonic reference too by the by.
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Xbox One : Titanfall, Battlefield 4, Killer Instinct, Forza 5, head to OXM Nights for a meet up.
Decent_Jam 58

Postby msbhvn » 18 Feb 2013, 21:40

Sorry, but Semisonic lost all credibility when they released a song about masturbation.

http://youtu.be/jrdZNNG4S8g
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66