to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Bungie: Destiny's engine will last us 10 years, scales to ne

Your comments on our articles.

"Over the last four years we have built a truly state of the art engine."

Bungie has spent the past four years building a "state of the art" engine for its new shooter Destiny, senior engineers have revealed, and the developer expects that engine to last it an entire decade.... read more

Bungie: Destiny's engine will last us 10 years, scales to ne

Postby senote » 18 Feb 2013, 19:54

I'm sure it's all very good, but it means nothing, some truly amazing games have been made with the Unreal engine, but so have some total stinkers, all this means is that Bungie games will look nice and have lots of features, a diamond covered turd is still just a turd. Not that I'm suggesting Bungies game will suck, but if this generation has taught me one thing it's that all then hype they throw out at us is worthless until I have a decent game in my hand.
senote 24

Re: Bungie: Destiny's engine will last us 10 years, scales t

Postby Decent_Jam » 18 Feb 2013, 20:36

I'm thinking all this sounds a little bit too good to be true, kind of how you felt when they announced Kinect and they said "yeah look it can do ALL of this stuff" and you were thinking "can it? can it really? because then colour me impressed" and quickly it transpired a fair few of the features weren't anywhere near as refined or complete as it turned out.

Don't get me wrong, I really think this game will be great and I want to believe that all of these ambitious plans are possible, just my typical British pessimism tells me to wait and see.
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Xbox One : Titanfall, Battlefield 4, Killer Instinct, Forza 5, head to OXM Nights for a meet up.
Decent_Jam 58

Postby msbhvn » 18 Feb 2013, 21:25

I think they need to shut up bragging until they've got some gameplay footage to show us. I'm sick of the hype already and they've only released the odd screenshot. It's not even coming out this year FFS.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby delmariachi » 18 Feb 2013, 21:49

The idea of scaling to spec isn't exactly new is it. I mean PC's have been doing it for ages depending on what you have, Nice to see they can do it for the respective consoles, but as the guy at the top said, a diamond polished turd is still a turd...
delmariachi 46

Postby fracturedrich » 19 Feb 2013, 09:36

msbhvn wrote:I think they need to shut up bragging until they've got some gameplay footage to show us. I'm sick of the hype already and they've only released the odd screenshot. It's not even coming out this year FFS.

Thats what i was thinkingWe will see if its any good,i thought this was launch game for next gen,whats the talk of this gen.
fracturedrich 46