to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Ubisoft announces mysterious Assassin's Creed event

Your comments on our articles.

27th February the date for sequel reveal?

Ubisoft is throwing a little Assassin's Creed party on 27th February, to which we're invited (thanks to MCV for letting the cat out of the bag).... read more

Ubisoft announces mysterious Assassin's Creed event

Postby CunningSmile » 19 Feb 2013, 16:10

My money is still on it being Patric Desilets and THQ Montreal's game 1666 redressed as AC4. I hope so because AC seemed to lose it's way when Desilets left and start to suffer serious bloat.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Re: Ubisoft announces mysterious Assassin's Creed event

Postby imybadboy » 19 Feb 2013, 17:49

i hope the setting of this game is in medieval china or japan it would be a great setting for the assassin's creed franchise. if the setting of the new game is in greece or brazil then it would be a let down. imagine the combos and counter attacks in medieval china or japan. it would be awesome given the fact that the AC3 was one of the best games of counter attacking
imybadboy 1

Postby Plamsa wing » 19 Feb 2013, 18:12

Isn't it still too early to announce another Assassin's Creed? The series need a break for a while.

I thought the counter moves were too showy and greatly slowed down the gameplay. Not that I cared for AC3's combat anyway, the change in controls were largely unnecessary and made it feel it clunky.

Compared to the previous games, I went out of my way to avoid combat on AC3. Still annoyed about the non-lethal combat too.
"Hey! Don't lob factual statements at me as if they're insults!"
Plamsa wing 54

Postby Waffles2541 » 19 Feb 2013, 18:46

I would love to see a game set thousands of years ago during the time of those who came before. Failing in that a caveman adventure would be cool as well. Failing also in that I guess one set in France during the French Revolution and Napoleonic Wars would also be great.
I had fun once, it was awful.
Waffles2541 39

Postby FishyGinger » 19 Feb 2013, 18:56

Given all the possible times and places they could have chosen and they went with Boston, I fully expect AC4 to be set in the Norfolk Broads a week last thursday, where templar banditos are sailing beyond the 4mph speed limit and you have to stop them and issue fines.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby GallifreyDog » 19 Feb 2013, 19:05

Probably will be a new game then. Didn't think so at first but I just looked it up and ACIII was announced over a year ago already. 2012 went way too quickly haha.
GallifreyDog 26