to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Ubisoft unveils brand new Watch Dogs gameplay video

Your comments on our articles.

More open world hacking and blasting for next gen

Ubisoft has released new footage of open world digi-thriller Watch Dogs, or Watch_Dogs as the marketing people would undoubtedly prefer, as part of a presentation for a new videogame console of some kind. You may notice iconography pertaining to said console in the video - grit your teeth and ignore it. The game's the thing.... read more

Postby scotty » 21 Feb 2013, 11:28

It's still looking very interesting! :)
scotty 49

Postby J Meiser » 21 Feb 2013, 11:31

This game has caught my attention in a big way and I'm really looking forward to experiencing it. I'm quietly glad that it is not being released until later on this year as it will give me chance to play and complete the other games I have on the go (Hitman: Absolution, Forza Horizon, Dishonored, Fable: The Journey and Kingdoms of Amalur).
J Meiser 39

Re: Ubisoft unveils brand new Watch Dogs gameplay video

Postby Gazisdaman » 21 Feb 2013, 12:00

I really like how there is no mission and you can just go and explore the city and trigger these random events, it could really allow for some unique experiences and let you carve out your own story in the world. :o
Gazisdaman 35

Postby Bezza89 » 21 Feb 2013, 12:12

I'm sorry, it just doesn't look all that. Visually, it's amazing. And the control of every electronic device is genius, original... oh no wait; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOnQ8CD3v4g

Look how all the bits like crime/violence indicators work exactly the same, the HUD on the faces etc, Want to see the protagonist? Look at around 15 seconds. Look! It's Aidan Pierce. Literally watch dogs is person of interest: the game. It's not even subtle about it. This is a good thing!

Why I say it doesn't look all that is because it's as if they were making Assassins Creed and then changed the IP, the gameplay, phone aside, is exactly the same as AC, chase the guy, lock onto him with the white outline, tackle the man. Hopefully there's more to it and the phone really enhances play. But otherwise? AC4.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 21 Feb 2013, 12:47

Bezza89 wrote:I'm sorry, it just doesn't look all that. Visually, it's amazing. And the control of every electronic device is genius, original... oh no wait; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOnQ8CD3v4g

There's a load of similarities, guess Ubisoft aren't as original as they think.
On another note, is the TV show any good?
Johnbhoy69 51

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 21 Feb 2013, 12:51

The console that shall not be named is looking to be pretty impressive, Microsoft need to unveil something and soon as all this hear say about built in Kinect and always online and no preowned is really getting annoying, I want facts and more importantly, I want to see what games Microsoft have on offer to make us want to part with a substantial amount of our money.
Johnbhoy69 51

Postby CunningSmile » 21 Feb 2013, 13:29

Johnbhoy69 wrote:
Bezza89 wrote:I'm sorry, it just doesn't look all that. Visually, it's amazing. And the control of every electronic device is genius, original... oh no wait; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOnQ8CD3v4g

Haven't seen it myself yet (it's on my Lovefilm list) but I'm sold just for the creators. Produced by JJ Abrams and created by the guy that has co-written almost all of Chris Nolan's films, including the Batman trilogy and Inception? Where do I sign up?
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Bubblebeard JS » 21 Feb 2013, 16:07

Johnbhoy69 wrote:The console that shall not be named is looking to be pretty impressive, Microsoft need to unveil something and soon as all this hear say about built in Kinect and always online and no preowned is really getting annoying, I want facts and more importantly, I want to see what games Microsoft have on offer to make us want to part with a substantial amount of our money.

totally agree with you, i dont want a kinect sensor and block preowned, but if all the rumours turn out to be true, i might have no option than to jump ship. i dont want to, but that demo looked pretty darm impressive....
Bubblebeard JS 38

Postby CunningSmile » 21 Feb 2013, 16:26

Bubblebeard JS wrote:
Johnbhoy69 wrote:The console that shall not be named is looking to be pretty impressive, Microsoft need to unveil something and soon as all this hear say about built in Kinect and always online and no preowned is really getting annoying, I want facts and more importantly, I want to see what games Microsoft have on offer to make us want to part with a substantial amount of our money.

totally agree with you, i dont want a kinect sensor and block preowned, but if all the rumours turn out to be true, i might have no option than to jump ship. i dont want to, but that demo looked pretty darm impressive....

Sony have clarified that they won't be blocking preowned on the console that dare not speak it's name, so even if MS were planning on doing that I dare say they are running around having panicked meetings as we speak.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 21 Feb 2013, 17:19

CunningSmile wrote:
Sony have clarified that they won't be blocking preowned on the console that dare not speak it's name, so even if MS were planning on doing that I dare say they are running around having panicked meetings as we speak.

It could also be an almighty bit of old school bullsh*tting on Sonys part to annoy Microsoft. On release day they'll annouce that it was a little misunderstanding ("by no we mean yes") and pre-owned games don't actually work. Now that would be a jape.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby TippiestRook99 » 21 Feb 2013, 18:53

He is Batman!
And that's why my butt hurts - Troy Baker - Men in Black:Alien Crisis

Since having a blog is mainstream these days.
http://eternalshag78.wordpress.com/
TippiestRook99 54

Postby Bezza89 » 21 Feb 2013, 22:27

CunningSmile wrote:
Johnbhoy69 wrote:

Haven't seen it myself yet (it's on my Lovefilm list) but I'm sold just for the creators. Produced by JJ Abrams and created by the guy that has co-written almost all of Chris Nolan's films, including the Batman trilogy and Inception? Where do I sign up?

I've seen the first season and half of season 2, it's fupping awesome. Jim Caviezel is so charismatic, if you hate him, this show will make you love him, he's like Jack Bauer 2.0. And the guy from lost is beautifully done, and the plots overarching or episode on episode are really fun. Watch it, channel 5, sundays 9pm, though I'd download the first season episodes you've missed and buy the bluray/dvds in march or whatever.

*Note that yes I did pirate the show, but I've seen it on channel 5 again and am still recording every episode and will buy the blurays, I'm not a thief, just impatient. If channel 5 hadn't have stopped showing it randomly halfway through I wouldn't have though.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65