to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Bungie releases first next gen Destiny gameplay video

Your comments on our articles.

"How do we turn the FPS on its head again?"

Bungie has released the first footage of its super-social shooter Destiny in action on next gen consoles. Well, a next gen console. The one Sony announced yesterday, yes, that we're not at liberty to talk about. The one that will assuredly be crushed beneath Microsoft's steel-capped boots a few months from now.... read more

Bungie releases first next gen Destiny gameplay video

Postby Fionarei » 21 Feb 2013, 14:59

Do you guys realise it's a clip Bungie made for PS4?
Fionarei 13

Re: Bungie releases first next gen Destiny gameplay video

Postby CunningSmile » 21 Feb 2013, 15:01

Yep, it's in the opening sentence of the article. And the second. The third...in fact the whole article is about the fact it's on that console, but Ed isn't allowed to actually say it's name because this is OXM.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby OXM ETboy » 21 Feb 2013, 15:11

What console? I'm not sure what you're referring to. As far as I'm concerned, this is all high end PC stuff. ;)

EDIT - Winkie inserted, just to be sure.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Bubblebeard JS » 21 Feb 2013, 15:12

am i the only one that feels the current gen concoles could run that game?? (well from the trailer anyuway)
Bubblebeard JS 38

Postby STE MO » 21 Feb 2013, 15:50

Isn't this a timed Xbox exclusive? So that would suggest Gertrude is out before PS4!
STE MO 50

Postby CunningSmile » 21 Feb 2013, 16:18

STE MO wrote:Isn't this a timed Xbox exclusive? So that would suggest Gertrude is out before PS4!

If they weren't already planning on lunching 'Holidays 2013' I'd be very surprised if MS weren't moving up the launch as we speak, they won't want Sony to get a headstart the same way the 360 did.

However if Destiny is a timed exclusive doesn't necessarily mean the Gertrude is coming first. These launch events are notorious for fudging the "available at launch" phrase to mean anything that came out within a year of releasing the console so Gert could theoretically get a timed exclusive even if released second.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby PonderingWalrus » 21 Feb 2013, 17:32

Gimme Gimme Gimme!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 21 Feb 2013, 17:36

Bubblebeard JS wrote:am i the only one that feels the current gen concoles could run that game?? (well from the trailer anyuway)

Agreed, it doesnt look remotely next gen, the idea and plot sound interesting but so far the gameplay looks meh
Johnbhoy69 51

Postby Baryonyx » 21 Feb 2013, 21:41

Oh, they still make Playstations?
Excalipoor
Baryonyx 36

Postby msbhvn » 21 Feb 2013, 21:57

I know I said "gameplay footage or GTFO" earlier in the week, but I thought "more than five seconds of gameplay" was implied. :lol:

I'm getting an Avatar feeling from the floating white planet thingy and the swelling music. It looks pretty, but mentioning co-op and multiplayer as if they were the be-all and end-all of shooters was a bit disappointing. I like to be immersed in a game world, and your mate telling you he's switching his microphone off because he needs a pee isn't really conducive to that.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby Bezza89 » 22 Feb 2013, 12:18

Johnbhoy69 wrote:
Bubblebeard JS wrote:am i the only one that feels the current gen concoles could run that game?? (well from the trailer anyuway)

Agreed, it doesnt look remotely next gen, the idea and plot sound interesting but so far the gameplay looks meh

This will be 1080p, 60fps, with online focus these graphics are very good. Online always has poorer graphics. Still not sold on the game though.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby Xbox11 » 22 Feb 2013, 16:45

I think it looks good , Don't forget thats Sony hardware the game is running on , Or at least it should be, So it wont look as good as the next Xbox version , Highly doubt it anyway.

Like Bezza says this is an online only game , So it looks good considering that, And If it runs at 1080p 60fps id be over the moon.
Xbox11 28