to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Capcom reveals action-RPG Deep Down for next gen

Your comments on our articles.

A dash of Dragon's Dogma, a splash of Dark Souls

"The real next gen"? Well, it doesn't start till we say it does, naturally, but Capcom's intriguing new project Deep Down ticks all the appropriate boxes. Revealed last night at some sort of marketing event - the specifics elude us - it runs on the new Panta Rhei engine, which is touted as the "next evolutionary step from the MT Framework".... read more

Capcom reveals action-RPG Deep Down for next gen

Postby Gazisdaman » 21 Feb 2013, 16:13

It must be quite frustrating that all these big announcements are taking place and you can't cover them because they're on a different console.
Gazisdaman 35

Re: Capcom reveals action-RPG Deep Down for next gen

Postby OXM ETboy » 21 Feb 2013, 16:17

It's incredibly relaxing, actually :) The CVG team were on the brink of madness last night. I, on the other hand, watched a film about architecture.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby CunningSmile » 21 Feb 2013, 16:22

OXM ETboy wrote:It's incredibly relaxing, actually :) The CVG team were on the brink of madness last night. I, on the other hand, watched a film about architecture.

Crazy wild man you
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby OXM ETboy » 21 Feb 2013, 16:24

I had beans on toast too.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Grummy » 21 Feb 2013, 16:31

Why they used Blanka is a bit strange (except I think it's a little tiny nod towards a future reveal of a new Street fighter Ultimate Turbo Xtreme Awesome Visceral Immersive Synergy Edition 4 X Lego, or something like that.

The online functionality seemed to me to be an instance of playing the game on your own, but you can have friends send assistance on request, so rather than a Rift like in Dragon's Dogma or summon signs like in Dark Souls, it's always on and available. Probably simple drop in/out co-op.

Also, Eddiekins, you need to get on and finish Dragon's Dogma if you haven't already so you can join us all when we play through the expansion. Be a part of the experience that we had at the time.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator

Postby JCHN » 21 Feb 2013, 16:48

Could this be Dragons Dogma 2??? I doubt they would have two franchises this similar.
JCHN 56

Postby FishyGinger » 21 Feb 2013, 17:13

OXM ETboy wrote:I had beans on toast too.

Careful, if you go anymore 'yorkshire' you'll explode in a shower of flatcaps and gravy. Doesn't another console launch mean you get less to do what with everyone else being busy and no one caring about games for a few days?
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby chazzy chef » 21 Feb 2013, 18:06

Nah Blanka doesn't mean anything, he's always there if Yoshi Ono's involved (he presented the trailer)
chazzy chef 22

Postby Plamsa wing » 21 Feb 2013, 19:10

I wonder if it might have something to do with Monster Hunter actually. The dragon/bird thing looks really familiar. Athough I'm sure something looks like that on The Last Remnant.

I second Grummy in that you should get your arse into Dragon's Dogma though Ed. If not for yourself/us, do it for Matt. :wink: He never did join in our fun.

FishyGinger wrote:Careful, if you go anymore 'yorkshire' you'll explode in a shower of flatcaps and gravy.

Oi! I'm from and live in Yorkshire ya tosspot! :wink:
"Hey! Don't lob factual statements at me as if they're insults!"
Plamsa wing 54

Postby Grummy » 21 Feb 2013, 19:13

Plamsa wing wrote:I wonder if it might have something to do with Monster Hunter actually. The dragon/bird thing looks really familiar. Athough I'm sure something looks like that on The Last Remnant.

I second Grummy in that you should get your arse into Dragon's Dogma though Ed. If not for yourself/us, do it for Matt. :wink: He never did join in our fun.

FishyGinger wrote:Careful, if you go anymore 'yorkshire' you'll explode in a shower of flatcaps and gravy.

Eeee Baaa Gum!
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator

Postby ChillieBonBon » 21 Feb 2013, 22:59

FishyGinger wrote:
OXM ETboy wrote:I had beans on toast too.

Careful, if you go anymore 'yorkshire' you'll explode in a shower of flatcaps and gravy. Doesn't another console launch mean you get less to do what with everyone else being busy and no one caring about games for a few days?

I believe the disease is called Yorkshiremanitus, is fairly common uup nurth.

It's harder to type a northern accent than you think :wink:
If a cluttered desk is the sign of of a cluttered mind, what is an empty desk a sign of?
ChillieBonBon 24

Postby msbhvn » 22 Feb 2013, 02:25

I'm from t'other side o' t'Pennines. I've got no problem writin' in a Northern accent, yer just need to use loads of apostrophes. :wink:
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby FishyGinger » 22 Feb 2013, 09:01

Plamsa wing wrote:

I'm very t'sorry Plasma :P
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby fracturedrich » 22 Feb 2013, 13:42

I hope this is as good as it looks,why is everything for ps4 i thought destiny was xbox exclusive.
fracturedrich 46

Postby OXM ETboy » 22 Feb 2013, 14:09

Grummy wrote:Also, Eddiekins, you need to get on and finish Dragon's Dogma if you haven't already so you can join us all when we play through the expansion. Be a part of the experience that we had at the time.

Damn it, I'm still finishing off Dark Souls! The mind is willing, but the flesh is given to not pressing the dodge button in time.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Next