to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Which Xbox 720 exclusives will Microsoft show at its reveal

Your comments on our articles.

Seven brain-shattering predictions

The die has been cast. Sony's Playstation 4 is in the open (well, the controller is), arriving in a shower of trailers, marketing waffle and excitable Powerpoint sequences last night. We've got an institutional bias to uphold, obviously, but we'll concede that the device is impressive - you can read more over at CVG, where good men have spent insane hours cataloguing the fine details.... read more

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 21 Feb 2013, 20:11

As long as it the majority of games are not Kinect based I'm happy. If it turns out the new Xbox is all about Kinect and their presentation has idiots jumping about on stage to childish looking games then Im off to Sony with my money. Kinect to me seems like its aimed at parents who need something to keep their prepubescent children entertained. I have no interest in it and never will.
Anyhoo, A Halo 5 Tech demo would be something that could happen, giving us a glimpse into Halos future, especially with Bungie planning to dominate again with Destiny.
Johnbhoy69 51

Postby Droidsbane » 21 Feb 2013, 20:20

I think its a little too early to see an announcment of Halo 5, maby a spin-off (ODST2 please? a game about the Arbiter?) or Halo 2 HD.
and I could see GTAV being cross platform, it would increase their sales in the long term if people on both 360 and 720 can play (or if the 720 is at least backwards compatable which will be one of the big factors on wether or not i decide to get it).

If theres a PC exclusive id like to see ported to consol itd be Starcraft II.

and like the above comment said if i see a better with kinect logo on every 720 box cover im either going PC or 'That machine which shall not be named!'
Droidsbane 33

Re: Which Xbox 720 exclusives will Microsoft show at its rev

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 21 Feb 2013, 20:28

Droidsbane wrote:I think its a little too early to see an announcment of Halo 5

Crap didnt mean to say Halo 5 meant a tech Demo just to show whats possible with the new console and what the next Halo game could potentially look like.
Johnbhoy69 51

Postby fracturedrich » 21 Feb 2013, 23:32

Johnbhoy69 wrote:As long as it the majority of games are not Kinect based I'm happy. If it turns out the new Xbox is all about Kinect and their presentation has idiots jumping about on stage to childish looking games then Im off to Sony with my money.
Traitor.
fracturedrich 46

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 22 Feb 2013, 00:36

Would you fork out your money for a new console with most of the launch titles childish motion sensor games?

Off topic but...Who actually cares about uploading your in game achievements to social media websites and sharing game play videos online? This will saturate the web even more with wannabe immature game reviewers with little to no grasp on the English language telling you how ''Awesome'' the newest Call of Duty game is and if you don't buy it you're gay.
I personally think social media websites like Facebook and twitters days are numbered, it may not be for a while but it will happen. They are full of people who update with trivial nonsense that no-one cares about, and more and more people I know are deleting it (myself included) and returning to the world of the living.
I hope the next gen consoles don't put too much emphasis on this connecting and sharing crap as its one feature I don't use this gen and have no use for it and its advanced features in a new console.
Johnbhoy69 51

Postby Worthies » 22 Feb 2013, 01:09

Johnbhoy69 wrote:Off topic but...Who actually cares about uploading your in game achievements to social media websites and sharing game play videos online? This will saturate the web even more with wannabe immature game reviewers with little to no grasp on the English language telling you how ''Awesome'' the newest Call of Duty game is and if you don't buy it you're gay.
I personally think social media websites like Facebook and twitters days are numbered, it may not be for a while but it will happen. They are full of people who update with trivial nonsense that no-one cares about, and more and more people I know are deleting it (myself included) and returning to the world of the living.
I hope the next gen consoles don't put too much emphasis on this connecting and sharing crap as its one feature I don't use this gen and have no use for it and its advanced features in a new console.

I regularly purge my Facebook friends list of people like that. If the new Xbox focuses on this feature, I would probably have a meltdown. But I digress.

Lets hope it doesn't include some hideously gimmicky controller which resembles the deformed love child of the original PlayStation and my old DS lite that spent most of its time in the sock drawer. :wink:
Worthies 28

Postby Bezza89 » 22 Feb 2013, 01:34

I reckon Fable, forza will be shown, halo 5 will get a mention tech demo or something, and did you forget Alan?

Alan Wake?

In a proper open world this time?
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby Worthies » 22 Feb 2013, 02:06

Bezza89 wrote:Alan Wake?

In a proper open world this time?

I second that.
I am still hugely bitter about buying a game which had been promised open world since it was first announced, and described as open world by Amazon, but wasn't.
Worthies 28

Postby CunningSmile » 22 Feb 2013, 11:21

I think there will definately be a Kinect element but I don't think it'll make up much of the presentation. Kinect was a gimick to stretch out the 360 a couple more years and attract a new audience, but for a new launch you need to entice the early adopters and that means 'hardcore' gamers. MS are smart enough to know who their market are and for the last few E3s it hasn't been us because we already gave them our money, now they need that from us again.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby PonderingWalrus » 22 Feb 2013, 17:10

Battlefront 3?!?!?! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby Bezza89 » 25 Feb 2013, 16:43

I really look forward to Fable 4 actually, just been playing 2 and whilst 3 is quite clearly the weakest and hopefully not the direction they go in I think 4 could be the best yet - no molyneux means the team wanting to show they are more than just a man.

Here's a list of games I don't want to see; a new gears of war, Halo 5, CoD, kinect games (unless they're really amazing and actually benefitting owning a kinect).

Some rpgs and new genre games might be good, or rare shall I say - like strategy games. But I don't want to be seeing sequels of stuff I've grown tedious of.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby Plamsa wing » 25 Feb 2013, 18:41

I'd love a Fable 4, I really hope they look back and make it a proper RPG though. I think the Xbox is lacking in exclusive RPGs. It's hardly got any at all.

An open world fable, with variety in the equipment back, not just sword, hammers, and guns, armour stats, and a menu. While the sanctuary was nice and all, it just isn't the same as a menu and without a menu the game takes a few steps back, rather than forward. Love to see Samarkand as well, I know it was in the lastest book, but it'll be nice to actually see it.

Hopefully these Black Tusk guys have something good in the works. If you must do another shooter, for the love of god try something new with the genre. That means taking a few risks.

I'd even be open to a XCOM type game that's mixes shooters and strategy games.

I'd like another Viva Pinata as well, or anything good from Rare really. They've made some great games in the past, it'll be stupid to let them go to waste.

Also if you must use Kinect, lets doing something good with it. Why not have it work in conjunction with the controller.
"Hey! Don't lob factual statements at me as if they're insults!"
Plamsa wing 54

Postby Bezza89 » 25 Feb 2013, 20:00

Plamsa wing wrote:Hopefully these Black Tusk guys have something good in the works. If you must do another shooter, for the love of god try something new with the genre. That means taking a few risks.

I'd even be open to a XCOM type game that's mixes shooters and strategy games.

It's all well and good saying that but what would you do? Me personally, I'd reinvent deathmatch - I'd make the only competitive MP mode deathmatch but with objectives like capturing flags, and all your usual modes built in randomly appearing throughout the 15 minute game. Not sold? The kicker is you lose 1000s of points if you kill anyone, and the individual who kills someone loses double, and it effects your ranking up. Suppression is the key, forcing surrenders. Make it a game not about killing. I call it, irony deathmatch. Everyone just aims at each other, with really strong staring contests going on. Or woundings, no respawns. Make it really tense anyway, everythings far too arcadey, no one is scared of dying, here I want to make you fear death and killing people.

I'd also love xcom type mixing, I just like the management side, and taking strategic points - you could mould it into a total war type modern/future type game, take over the world, doing spec ops esq missions to take control of countries and maintaining sattelite uplinks or lose your maps in game, proper cold war shit too. I dunno, my taste in games is an odd one - sounds brilliant to me.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby Plamsa wing » 25 Feb 2013, 21:39

Not sure what I'd do actually, just something different. I think the problem is, most things have been done now, well I suppose you could do them better, but would that really be worth it.

Guess I'd have something like Brink, but without the flaws.
"Hey! Don't lob factual statements at me as if they're insults!"
Plamsa wing 54

Postby Bezza89 » 25 Feb 2013, 21:49

No plasma, thats giving up talk! Turn the FPS on it's head! Have guns that fire backwards! A knife-em-up. You can only fire if you wank off an invisible penis through kinect. A team deathmatch where the only way of killing people is through shouting at them through the headset, and everyone's just running around, shouting and falling off balconies. A game mode that randomises which buttons do what, firing with the left stick and right trigger looks up...

And you go for brink, 2.0.

Plasma, plasma... :roll:
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Next