to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

25 Destiny screenshots - first images of Bungie's next gen s

Your comments on our articles.

Pretty sunsets, handsome guns, wondrous vistas

I'm in the process of hacking another Destiny feature from the raw transcript of Bungie's titanic reveal presentation, a process that has come to involve hacking screengrabs out of the recent next gen console footage. Midway through, I underwent an outstanding realisation: "Goodness gracious - I'll wager those insightful website reader chappies wouldn't mind getting the grabs ahead of schedule." So here you go.... read more

25 Destiny screenshots - first images of Bungie's next gen s

Postby MattTracker » 22 Feb 2013, 14:35

Does anybody else just see Halo......
MattTracker 3

Re: 25 Destiny screenshots - first images of Bungie's next g

Postby Numpty mark » 22 Feb 2013, 21:05

A new shooter from bungie should be good (hopefully) if it plays like halo and looks as good as the pictures what can I say "bungie we need to see some game play action"
Numpty mark 1

Postby Jabbermon » 22 Feb 2013, 21:20

MattTracker wrote:Does anybody else just see Halo......

Not at all, in Halo everything is very clear and bright, it has a military theme embedded in its image, and even though the entire world of Halo is at war, there is obvious structure, the UNSC ships are very distinguishable from the Covenant, their ships rule everything, and there is still civilisation and law.

Destiny looks like a world with nothing controlling it, everyone is a bandit surviving in a harsh world, no one is in control. This is made clear through the visuals, there is not one theme running through every area, many factions appear to fight for control rather than the obvious divides in the Halo universe, and it is far more dystopian than Halo, what with the harsh weather that seems more powerful than people, and the destroyed structures being where people choose to reside. Halo and Destiny are very obviously different worlds.
Jabbermon 15

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 22 Feb 2013, 21:39

Yeah, but its still early days and the multiplayer sounds interesting if they pull it off right
Johnbhoy69 51

Postby squirrelofDoom » 23 Feb 2013, 15:12

I see star wars, mass effect, borderlands you name it. but that's a good thing.
squirrelofDoom 24

Postby halokiller65 » 23 Feb 2013, 18:52

finally something that is getting made from bungie and activison
halokiller65 1

Postby Windowlicker79 » 23 Feb 2013, 21:49

I was thinking that too. Although I then thought that maybe its just Bungie's "look", just like id, Valve etc have their own look.
This might be the case as I don't think I've ever played anything else other than Halo made by Bungie.
ಠ_ಠ
Windowlicker79 54