to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Microsoft renews Project Gotham Racing trademark ahead of ru

Your comments on our articles.

Competitors, please start your hype engines

Hark, the distant rumbling of a next generation console announcement, bursting through the fibres of the earth like exquisitely lit, high definition magma. Today's ominous tremor is Microsoft's decision to renew its Project Gotham Racing trademark - the first time it has done so since registering the handle, way back in 2002.... read more

Microsoft renews Project Gotham Racing trademark ahead of ru

Postby Bubblebeard JS » 25 Feb 2013, 10:57

OMG.....i just shit my pants!!! :shock:
this could be something special.
Bubblebeard JS 38

Re: Microsoft renews Project Gotham Racing trademark ahead o

Postby scottishwildcat » 25 Feb 2013, 11:07

"I'd take another Forza Horizon over a new Project Gotham, personally."

No way. Horizon is fun for what it is, and Forza 4 is a great sim but a very poor (offline) racer. PGR was the pinnacle of online and offline racing games on Xbox, only maybe Grid came close (and we're getting a new one of those too, yay!). Bring it on.
scottishwildcat 17

Postby Captain_Chao5 » 25 Feb 2013, 11:12

I bought my first Xbox to play PGR and loved it. This is going to be one to watch IMO.
"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" - Abraham Lincoln, 1864

GT = Captain Chao5 on Xbox 360 and Xbox One
Captain_Chao5 52

Postby battfink83 » 25 Feb 2013, 13:28

PGR4 is simply STILL the best racing game on xbox, becasue they got the basics spot on, rorza is great, but the cars themselves are to sterile.

the car audio alone on pgr blows forza out of the water, i still go back to it now and then to blast a few of the cars around, just because they sound so damn epic.

oh and whats that? night time racing? rain? snow? surface water?.... yeeeeah T10, yeeeah......
battfink83 47

Postby Bezza89 » 25 Feb 2013, 16:37

Whilst I like PGR, think 4 was a beast of a game, especially in the weather effects, sadly missed from all other racing games I've played - I don't think it'll happen. MS will undoubtedly have Forza 5 on the go as well and them announcing two pretty similar racing games seems a bit of a stretch.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby ecanorun » 25 Feb 2013, 17:42

I have to say that online racing with PGR was amazing! This is a great piece of news. PGR was the reason I got an xbox also. I can't wait.
ecanorun 38

Postby SidTheSloth » 26 Feb 2013, 12:22

I only played the PGR that launched with the 360 and can't remember for the life of me if i liked it or not :|

Anyone who was put off by the Horizon demo though i urge you to try it if you like non-track style racing, i hated the demo but picked the game up cheap(ish) and am really enjoying it despite the OTT/in yer face presentation.

I am less excited by this news however as i swear i just spotted something about a new Flatout game (that won't be called Flatout) being constructed...
Sid is waving. Waving goodbye. It means he's leaving now. He's going. His final message to you, dear reader, is to always wash your hands after making a big pooh, and to remember that Hyrule Warriors is a thing…!
SidTheSloth 53

Postby Slopoke » 26 Feb 2013, 12:30

MasterChiefJ117 wrote:Launch titles................... Project Gotham 5, Gears of war 4, Halo 5 :roll:
Any NEW titles ?????

Gears 4, and Halo 5 as launch titles? Yea... not gonna happen. Black Tusk if I recall is working on "the next Halo" game. That could be a new IP we get at launch.
Slopoke 12

Postby FishyGinger » 26 Feb 2013, 12:33

PGR 3 wasn't great from memory, 4 was getting back to the old days with 2 being the best. Generally I think they are the best racing games though.

I've been tempted by Horizon, may get it whence cheap.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby CunningSmile » 26 Feb 2013, 12:36

MasterChiefJ117 wrote:Launch titles................... Project Gotham 5, Gears of war 4, Halo 5 :roll:
Any NEW titles ?????

Probably, but if any information about them was leaked no one would notice as they wouldn't get recognised.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Raluph » 14 Mar 2013, 17:22

Horizon is a great game, definitely on of my favourite racers. A new PGR would be awesome, with top quality graphics, sound, physics etc
Raluph 11