to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Bungie: we'll deliver "full vision" of Destiny on both curre

Your comments on our articles.

New concept art introduces man with many arms

Bungie says you'll be treated to fundamentally the same version of its latest shooter, Destiny, whether you play it on Xbox 360, PS3, PS4 or... unannounced platforms. According to community manager David Dague, it's a "profoundly Bungie experience" that will be shaped as much by fans as the developers.... read more

Bungie: we'll deliver "full vision" of Destiny on both curre

Postby Afrolicious » 25 Feb 2013, 13:30

I freakin' hope this holds up to expectations, cause this hype made me run down to the nearest shop and preorder on the day it became available here in Sweden! So I'm groaning alright! :D
Afrolicious 27

Re: Bungie: we'll deliver "full vision" of Destiny on both c

Postby Gazisdaman » 25 Feb 2013, 14:05

I have recently realized that bungie are idiots who do not know the first thing about what people want and are willing to trample over themselves to get a deal from the highest bidder, do not expect destiny to be done to anywhere near the standard that they are touting it at. I also don't appreciate the apparent trend of announcing something without actually saying much about it and telling us this and that without any evidence. In summary, screw you bungie! :evil:
Gazisdaman 35

Postby MILLZY117 » 25 Feb 2013, 18:00

I hope this means they are developing Destiny on PS4 and Xbox '720' architecture and then porting the game to PS3 and Xbox 360. I want the game to look beautiful and really work the next gen consoles. I presume they are doing so and have been working with '720' dev kits from early on due to their history with Microsoft. I hope the game doesn't suffer because they have to cater for the current gen consoles, as I plan on getting both of the new consoles as well as the Steam Box. I am a huge Bungie fan and expect great things to come from Destiny :D
MILLZY117 9

Postby Raxs » 25 Feb 2013, 21:26

Gazisdaman wrote:I have recently realized that bungie are idiots who do not know the first thing about what people want and are willing to trample over themselves to get a deal from the highest bidder, do not expect destiny to be done to anywhere near the standard that they are touting it at. I also don't appreciate the apparent trend of announcing something without actually saying much about it and telling us this and that without any evidence. In summary, screw you bungie! :evil:

Buddy, you clearly know nothing about the simple measures of confidentiality. bungee can't just tell everyone everything about the game straight away... It annihilates the whole perspective of illusion for the universe you'd be looking forward to. If you know everything then what have you got to look forward to? This game was only announced a couple of months ago.

It has been is pre / post production / production for six years! Why shouldn't they be hyped over it. you know near nothing about destiny, just like everyone else.

Sorry to say, sir, but the only idiot here is you. You need to have some patience, Bungie, activision and blizzard have been working incredibly hard on this game and you don't have the knowledge over their work to slander them just yet.
Raxs 1

Postby Gazisdaman » 26 Feb 2013, 10:29

Raxs wrote:
Gazisdaman wrote:I have recently realized that bungie are idiots who do not know the first thing about what people want and are willing to trample over themselves to get a deal from the highest bidder, do not expect destiny to be done to anywhere near the standard that they are touting it at. I also don't appreciate the apparent trend of announcing something without actually saying much about it and telling us this and that without any evidence. In summary, screw you bungie! :evil:

Buddy, you clearly know nothing about the simple measures of confidentiality. bungee can't just tell everyone everything about the game straight away... It annihilates the whole perspective of illusion for the universe you'd be looking forward to. If you know everything then what have you got to look forward to? This game was only announced a couple of months ago.

It has been is pre / post production / production for six years! Why shouldn't they be hyped over it. you know near nothing about destiny, just like everyone else.

Sorry to say, sir, but the only idiot here is you. You need to have some patience, Bungie, activision and blizzard have been working incredibly hard on this game and you don't have the knowledge over their work to slander them just yet.

I'm not even getting the game, I'm not even referring to the game for most of what I was saying, in the bit that I was, I'm not complaining about that they haven't told us everything, nobody expects that, I am however complaining that they say, oh this feature is really good, your really going to like this or we have been working really hard on this without actually giving us proof of that or anything else, meanwhile we get a watered down speech about how once again the gods at bungie are revolutionizing gaming again and by the way we are the fathers of the modern shooter and the best at doing everything ever so we can get away with being complete d-bags and turning our backs on our own roots and the loyal fans who put us on the top.
Gazisdaman 35

Postby SidTheSloth » 26 Feb 2013, 12:31

Is it just me who thinks the dude in the bottom pick even looks a bit like one of the custom/MP spartans? With more arms, obviously... :|

There's playing to your strength's and there's re-inventing the wheel - not sure which one of the two this'll come under until we know more about how it'll play but the familiarity with Halo is breeding more contempt than interest right now. Time will tell as always though :)
Sid is waving. Waving goodbye. It means he's leaving now. He's going. His final message to you, dear reader, is to always wash your hands after making a big pooh, and to remember that Hyrule Warriors is a thing…!
SidTheSloth 53

Postby FishyGinger » 26 Feb 2013, 13:24

SidTheSloth wrote:Is it just me who thinks the dude in the bottom pick even looks a bit like one of the custom/MP spartans? With more arms, obviously... :|

There's playing to your strength's and there's re-inventing the wheel - not sure which one of the two this'll come under until we know more about how it'll play but the familiarity with Halo is breeding more contempt than interest right now. Time will tell as always though :)

If I were to reinvent the wheel I'd call it an explowheel, it would be like a catherine wheel with timed explosions actually coming out of the wheel to boost power. It may also blow the wheels to pieces but everyone needs some more excitement on the motorways.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby CunningSmile » 27 Feb 2013, 11:08

FishyGinger wrote:
SidTheSloth wrote:Is it just me who thinks the dude in the bottom pick even looks a bit like one of the custom/MP spartans? With more arms, obviously... :|

If I were to reinvent the wheel I'd call it an explowheel, it would be like a catherine wheel with timed explosions actually coming out of the wheel to boost power. It may also blow the wheels to pieces but everyone needs some more excitement on the motorways.

I think square would be a good shape if we're talking redesigning the wheel. Much more economical shape and would take up a lot less room when being stacked or transported.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 27 Feb 2013, 12:35

CunningSmile wrote:
I think square would be a good shape if we're talking redesigning the wheel. Much more economical shape and would take up a lot less room when being stacked or transported.

Good shout, the explosquare. It would be much better in high snow/mud conditions where normal inferior wheels get stuck.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66