to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

More Borderlands 2 DLC on the way - new character and level

Your comments on our articles.

Gearbox's Pitchford sheds light on plans

Gearbox Software is working on new Borderlands 2 DLC, bossman Randy Pitchford has confirmed via the august medium of Twitter. Strong possibilities include a new character and a level cap rise, but there's a catch - all this may fall outside what you're entitled to with the Borderlands 2 Season Pass.... read more

More Borderlands 2 DLC on the way - new character and level

Postby msbhvn » 26 Feb 2013, 13:27

I've lost a lot of my enthusiasm for Borderlands 2, after Gearbox's shameful handling of Aliens. The Season Pass DLC has been disappointing to say the least, and now they're adding the features people wanted from the Season Pass as non-Season Pass DLC so people will pay extra?

I'm not funding this bulls*** and will wait for the GOTY edition of BL2 instead.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC on the way - new character and le

Postby Metalrodent » 26 Feb 2013, 14:01

heh good job i didn't buy the season pass then, all i want is the level cap raise dlc
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby Olin Woolcott » 27 Feb 2013, 14:39

Outstanding!

In no way disappointed with the current DLC, so looking forward to what's round the bend. I don't see why people should be surprised that the season pass doesn't cover the level caps - when it was first announced it was set to cover 4 specific campaign DLCs, and that's what it will do! And a level rise is really going to be wasted on people who haven't even branched beyond the vanilla campaign...
Very interested to know more about the new character too....

Also...
msbhvn wrote:I've lost a lot of my enthusiasm for Borderlands 2, after Gearbox's shameful handling of Aliens.

Really? That's like saying FF7 and 8 got worse after each successive game, or Starcraft losing it's appeal because of Diablo 3 (Personal choices of course here!) Just because a company have a blunder doesn't detract from how good previous games still are
Olin Woolcott 1

Postby FishyGinger » 27 Feb 2013, 14:50

Olin Woolcott wrote:
Really? That's like saying FF7 and 8 got worse after each successive game, or Starcraft losing it's appeal because of Diablo 3 (Personal choices of course here!) Just because a company have a blunder doesn't detract from how good previous games still are

I get both points, it's disheartening to know/feel aliens was bad because they used most of the funds on borderlands and they're seemingly such a dishonest bunch and you're funding them. On the other hand I'm not one to deny myself enjoyment based on another game being crap.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby Spartan Edge » 02 Mar 2013, 00:05

I thought Gearbox had previously said that "Adding a level cap would fundamentally break the game". So,i look forward to the 'Break your game' DLC then.. :?
Spartan Edge 13

Postby Metalrodent » 02 Mar 2013, 10:16

Spartan Edge wrote:I thought Gearbox had previously said that "Adding a level cap would fundamentally break the game". So,i look forward to the 'Break your game' DLC then.. :?

thats what i heard, unless its PS3 only or revenge for Aliens
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67