to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Xbox Live sale: four Assassin's Creed games 50% off today on

Your comments on our articles.

Revelations and Brotherhood lead the charge

Day two of Microsoft's Ultimate Xbox Live Games on Demand sale is upon us, like a crushing crowd of bovine commuters. Careful who you bump into. There are killers about, cunningly disguised as - well, not that well disguised, actually. Just look for the hooded men with the fanciest lapels.... read more

Xbox Live sale: four Assassin's Creed games 50% off today on

Postby Gazisdaman » 27 Feb 2013, 13:17

I thought the deal including the GRAW games lasted until the 4th of March, which one is it? :?
Gazisdaman 35

Re: Xbox Live sale: four Assassin's Creed games 50% off toda

Postby OXM ETboy » 27 Feb 2013, 13:41

It's March - sorry, I keep getting those two months mixed up for some reason.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby bamozzy » 27 Feb 2013, 14:10

It would be nice to know how OXM rates these games (and all the other (non-daily) sale games too) at these prices. Are any of them essential at this price? I have been tempted to maybe get 1 or 2 on the entire list (price depending) but I much prefer to buy Hard Copies generally and even at £2+ (480 ms points +) I struggle to commit to buying! At least with a disc I could possibly resell and therefore not lose anything...
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 61

Postby OXM ETboy » 27 Feb 2013, 14:13

OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby FishyGinger » 27 Feb 2013, 14:18

bamozzy wrote:It would be nice to know how OXM rates these games (and all the other (non-daily) sale games too) at these prices. Are any of them essential at this price? I have been tempted to maybe get 1 or 2 on the entire list (price depending) but I much prefer to buy Hard Copies generally and even at £2+ (480 ms points +) I struggle to commit to buying! At least with a disc I could possibly resell and therefore not lose anything...

Just buy AC2 and be done with it.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby CunningSmile » 27 Feb 2013, 14:21

FishyGinger wrote:
bamozzy wrote:It would be nice to know how OXM rates these games (and all the other (non-daily) sale games too) at these prices. Are any of them essential at this price? I have been tempted to maybe get 1 or 2 on the entire list (price depending) but I much prefer to buy Hard Copies generally and even at £2+ (480 ms points +) I struggle to commit to buying! At least with a disc I could possibly resell and therefore not lose anything...

Just buy AC2 and be done with it.

Agreed, still the best in the series.
I miss my care free youth when my biggest concern was where to hide the latest body
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby bamozzy » 27 Feb 2013, 14:24

Already have AC2 and only need the rest of the feathers etc for fully completing the game. I do agree though that this is by far the best game in the AC series I have played. I didn't really like Brotherhood or Revelations and so haven't even considered 3 yet (might do when the price is right...)

OXM ETboy wrote:This could be of use, Bamozzy :)

http://www.oxm.co.uk/48078/features/whi ... m-decides/

and thanks... :)

bamozzy 61

Postby Grummy » 27 Feb 2013, 14:28

Hmmm, I get the feeling this sale isn't going to be as great as it first seemed. Nelson talked abuot 75 and 80% off prices, but I can see most games being between £9 and £12 with only GRAW et al being bonkers low. I know that £9 is around the 80% reduction mark from £40, but where are you going to find Assassin's Creed for £40 now really? A quick search on Game led me to an AC double pack with Revelations and Brotherhood for £18 plus free P&P and on CEX all 4 of the AC games on this daily deal are cheaper than here.

These are decent deals, but not shaping up to be anywhere near as impressive or essential as I was hoping. Another quick CEX check for Dishonored (the one game I'm really interested for) has it down for £15. If it turns up on these deals for £8.99, then it'll be worth it for sure, but turning up at £11.99? whilst it's £3 cheaper, I'd prefer the hard copy I can then sell back to CEX for £7 making the game cost me.......£8 in total. Cheaper than 8.99 obviously, but I'd be happy to pay the extra £1 so i don't need to head into town to buy a copy.

Yeah, not quite so thrilled by these deals as I was at first.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator

Postby schwepterbrowser » 27 Feb 2013, 14:35

Same here, Grummy, but I was expecting it to be honest.

I would've got Brotherhood and Revelations, but not for those prices. Especially when we're being ripped off on the MSP conversions, too - the £9 ones are 800 points on the US marketplace and 1040 here.
schwepterbrowser 54

Postby bamozzy » 27 Feb 2013, 14:38

I think the 75-80% off may refer to the games NOT in the daily sale (like AC today and Halo before) and as usual I can find most (if not all) of the daily sale games cheaper on disc somewhere.

OXM ETboy wrote:This could be of use, Bamozzy :)

http://www.oxm.co.uk/48078/features/whi ... m-decides/

Commented - but do you have a guide to the other games - Maybe you could do a feature about ranking them in some order of preference according to each writer at OXM and why...

bamozzy 61

Postby FishyGinger » 27 Feb 2013, 14:54

I really liked brotherhood but then I also really enjoyed the multiplayer but that died after a few months.

T'otherwise same here, was hoping for lower prices. Halo wars for 3-5 quid would have been a certain buy but you can buy most of these just as cheap in physical form.
FishyGinger 66

Postby Wadium_Arcadium » 27 Feb 2013, 15:07

Yeah, I would have snapped Halo Wars up if it was about a fiver, but as a bit of a disc nut I wouldn't pay £8.99 for a digital copy when I've seen it cheaper on disc.

I'm hoping Civ Rev and Resi 4 will be at decent prices.
"The lord of silver fountains, the king of carven stone. The king beneath the mountain shall come into his own. And the bell shall ring in gladness at the mountain king's return, but all shall fail in sadness, and the lake will shine and burn."
Wadium_Arcadium 38

Postby FishyGinger » 27 Feb 2013, 15:21

Wadium_Arcadium wrote:Yeah, I would have snapped Halo Wars up if it was about a fiver, but as a bit of a disc nut I wouldn't pay £8.99 for a digital copy when I've seen it cheaper on disc.

I'm hoping Civ Rev and Resi 4 will be at decent prices.

I couldn't get on with the demo of civ rev, maybe it was due to playing 5 quite a bit.
FishyGinger 66

Postby schwepterbrowser » 27 Feb 2013, 15:59

schwepterbrowser wrote:we're being ripped off on the MSP conversions, too - the £9 ones are 800 points on the US marketplace and 1040 here.

I thought that was bad - on the Hungarian marketplace Revelations is 600 and 1 & 2 are 400 each!
schwepterbrowser 54

Postby FishyGinger » 27 Feb 2013, 16:41

schwepterbrowser wrote:
schwepterbrowser wrote:we're being ripped off on the MSP conversions, too - the £9 ones are 800 points on the US marketplace and 1040 here.

I thought that was bad - on the Hungarian marketplace Revelations is 600 and 1 & 2 are 400 each!

Did you just refer to yourself in the fourth person?
FishyGinger 66

Next