to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag boxart appears on Ubisoft for

Your comments on our articles.

UPDATE: Ubisoft confirms game for Xbox 360, promises more on Monday

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag is a game that knows the value of firepower, if this leaked, strictly unconfirmed but highly plausible boxart is any indication. See if you can count all the guns. I suspect he's got one tucked into his boxers.... read more

Postby CunningSmile » 28 Feb 2013, 12:18

I'm still wondering if this is THQ Montreal's 1666 reskinned as an AC game, or if Ubi are planning on releasing two historical set games.

Either way I'm looking forward to Black Flag if and when it comes.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Muppetman51 » 28 Feb 2013, 12:25

It seems like a good idea, the naval bits in AC3 were a lot of fun and could maybe get back to AC2 multi-setting. The ship is how you explore around and between areas which are islands instead of city-states?

Also, picking a less well documented period/area of history might make the story easier to write. Revolutionary America was a nice idea, but so well documented there was no room to grow beyond what people already knew, a problem that only gets worse the further forward you move chronologically. Taking a step back, but still keeping it close enough to avoid compete confusion could work.

Also, what the hell happened to whatever Ezio found in Masyaf at the end of Revelations. Altair was going on about Japan (Cipango) and hiding something there and in his safe and to be honest I hadn't been paying attention for a little while.

Then Ezio says stuff it I need some lovin', Desmond get on with it, there's something awesome here in Masyaf plus my pretty sweaty wrist blades for you, y'know if you fancy. Was that ever resolved, or did Ezio leave whatever it was, his blades and Altair's skeleton be in Masyaf? Maybe it might be time to deal with that now?
You just shot the invisible swordsman!
Muppetman51 30

Re: Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag boxart appears on Ubisoft

Postby moses2kay9 » 28 Feb 2013, 12:35

I've never really been into the Assassin's Creed games, but if the next one is piratey, I may be tempted to try it.
moses2kay9 28

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 28 Feb 2013, 13:17

Im done with AC, revelations was pretty dull and AC3 was even worse. They need to really rethink the franchise and spend. more time on it and stop with the annual releases.
Johnbhoy69 51

Postby vaderag » 28 Feb 2013, 13:31

Well, if it's more ship missions, count me out - i found those bits in ACIII atrocious
vaderag 8

Postby KernowDevil23 » 28 Feb 2013, 14:43

Well that's me out before I've even seen it!

I have zero interest in a Pirate based AC game. I'll pretty much never play another one until the setting is imperial Japan or Victorian England. There, I said it.
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56

Postby PaladinRonin » 28 Feb 2013, 14:55

I still have to look up information about it but I hope it does use the ship mechancis which made AC III such a fun game.
"I am justice incarnate: Brought to this world by forces beyond your comprehension. A cleansing storm to sweep across the land and purge it of your foul presence. I am Dust."
PaladinRonin 31

Postby KernowDevil23 » 28 Feb 2013, 14:59

PaladinRonin wrote: AC III / fun / game.

Very much a matter of opinion......
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56

Postby Bezza89 » 28 Feb 2013, 15:34

CunningSmile wrote:I'm still wondering if this is THQ Montreal's 1666 reskinned as an AC game, or if Ubi are planning on releasing two historical set games.

Either way I'm looking forward to Black Flag if and when it comes.

Not in mere weeks would they turn a game into an AC game. Next year? Probably.

I liked the sailing of AC3 the best, though little developed upon (like most of the game), I want to have an open world sea, and dock at ports - who is to say we wont dock in London or Japan? It opens a whole host of options does mega travel.

I also loved Haytham Kenway, he is my favourite character in AC outside of Ezio, so playing his dad might be cool - however, MEGA SPOILERY NONESENSE Isn't Des Dead? How would we go into his mind again, it's his ancestor after all. Just let me be Haytham with no animus and I'm happy. I'd murder connor over and over until I'm satisfied. Naive Twap.

The number four is also interesting... watch this space, as much as I liked 3 I am aware of how rubbish it was developed in some aspects, and the story was hit and miss.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby CunningSmile » 28 Feb 2013, 15:41

Bezza89 wrote:I also loved Haytham Kenway, he is my favourite character in AC outside of Ezio, so playing his dad might be cool - however, MEGA SPOILERY NONESENSE Isn't Des Dead? How would we go into his mind again, it's his ancestor after all. Just let me be Haytham with no animus and I'm happy. I'd murder connor over and over until I'm satisfied. Naive Twap.

We could be going in via the mind of a different decendant of Captain Kenway. Maybe he had two sons, Haytham leading to Desmond and one that eventually leads to Assassin Bob, the focus of the next trilogy. For that matter have we ever had any evidence Desmond was an only child? I mean beyond the fact I'd take one look at Desmond and swear off the risks of having more kids?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Bezza89 » 28 Feb 2013, 15:51

Hopefully it's not a twin, less nolan north then too, I'll be monologuing as him soon in my own head.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby FishyGinger » 28 Feb 2013, 16:34

Ooooh I'm liking Assassin Bob, as long as he looks like this

He is piratey after all.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby mariachi2000 » 28 Feb 2013, 16:43

As far as I remember Desmond's dad didn't die... so it could be played through him in the animus...?
mariachi2000 37

Postby Bezza89 » 28 Feb 2013, 17:30

mariachi2000 wrote:As far as I remember Desmond's dad didn't die... so it could be played through him in the animus...?

I was hoping for his and Lucys unborn foetus, because Lucy secretly isn't dead and somehow Des and Lucy had sexy time whilst des was in the animus unbeknownst!

But his dad could work :(
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby CunningSmile » 28 Feb 2013, 17:33

Bezza89 wrote:
mariachi2000 wrote:As far as I remember Desmond's dad didn't die... so it could be played through him in the animus...?

I was hoping for his and Lucys unborn foetus, because Lucy secretly isn't dead and somehow Des and Lucy had sexy time whilst des was in the animus unbeknownst!

But his dad could work :(

You're just being hopelessly optimistic because killing Lucy made no sense what so ever and was only really dealt with in a DLC no one played and then was never referenced ever again, by anyone, including the bloke who'd spent three games falling in love with her.
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Next