to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Snapshots: the best and worst of Xbox 360's last big hitters

Your comments on our articles.

Highs meet lows in one combo-preview

Sometimes buying games is a question of mathematics. You tot up the play hours, maps, guns, characters and so forth, soberly deduct the downsides from the upsides, and compare what comes after the equals sign to the price tag. That's how us pipe-smoking, chin-stroking reviewers think, in theory.... read more

Postby fracturedrich » 28 Feb 2013, 20:21

Ed i do not like the lows,i hope bioshock is better than the last,fuse and terraria are a defo for me.
fracturedrich 46

Postby sonicmark » 28 Feb 2013, 20:25

I'm a bit cautious with remember me, on pen & paper it looks lovely and may be a step for capcom to win people back, what worries me though is the information's still very vague and seems a bit like the same answers are being given every time but in different versions.
sonicmark 28

Re: Snapshots: the best and worst of Xbox 360's last big hit

Postby Decent_Jam » 28 Feb 2013, 20:29

I think I will have to forbid myself from buying Infinite before I've completed the original.

So far I've not got that far in...two years. See you in about 7-10 months...maybe.
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Xbox One : Titanfall, Battlefield 4, Killer Instinct, Forza 5, head to OXM Nights for a meet up.
Decent_Jam 58

Postby Sandbwoy » 28 Feb 2013, 23:49

Any word yet on when Terrarria will be released?
Sandbwoy 24

Postby Chameleon » 01 Mar 2013, 08:48

Decent_Jam wrote:I think I will have to forbid myself from buying Infinite before I've completed the original.

So far I've not got that far in...two years. See you in about 7-10 months...maybe.

Put it on easy and treat it like an interactive story. I'd only got to about the third level before abandoning Rapture a few years back but, upon intending to increase my completion percentage to a respectable level, put the disc back in a few months ago. I found that dropping the difficulty level and just enjoying the brilliant storyline was the way to go for me.

It won't work for everybody, but it did for me. Still not sure about Infinite though. Time will tell.
Chameleon 44

Postby FishyGinger » 01 Mar 2013, 09:56

Decent_Jam wrote:I think I will have to forbid myself from buying Infinite before I've completed the original.

I think Cunning will be having words with you squire. Unless he's gone fully zen...

The bioshock games weren't really out and out shooters, the combat wasn't really on a par with 'better' shooters from a shooting mechanic point of view so I don't really see it as an issue. It always took a backseat to the setting, story and ambience. Infinite is the only one I'm really looking forward to there.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby CunningSmile » 01 Mar 2013, 10:34

FishyGinger wrote:

I think Cunning will be having words with you squire. Unless he's gone fully zen...

The bioshock games weren't really out and out shooters, the combat wasn't really on a par with 'better' shooters from a shooting mechanic point of view so I don't really see it as an issue. It always took a backseat to the setting, story and ambience. Infinite is the only one I'm really looking forward to there.

I forgive Jam because his inability to finish a game is legendary.

As Chameleon and Fish collectively say drop the difficulty because as a shooter there are better out there and making it easier allows you to just crack on and experience the story. Ken Levine's background is as a Hollywood script writer, so whilst Irrationals games are cracking the strength is the plot and script rather than the actual mechanics.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby KernowDevil23 » 01 Mar 2013, 11:15

CunningSmile wrote:I forgive Jam because his inability to finish a game is legendary

Save some of that forgiveness for me because I can't honestly remember the last game I finished. I think it was Uncharted 2!
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56

Postby SidTheSloth » 01 Mar 2013, 12:05

CunningSmile wrote:

I forgive Jam because his inability to finish a game is legendary.

Nope, no more forgiving or sympathy for Mr Jam - he readily admits to wanting to be a full time game journo so unless we give him some tough love (and no, i don't mean TV prison style tough love) he'll be destined to spend his life reviewing iOS games and their ilk, and even then only the short ones! I'd even have said movies could be a good alternative, but his attention span being what it is he could be one of those strange people who walks out halfway through and never returns, even when it's a good film!

Mr Jam: We expect completion and review of said Bioshock game with 10 days - that's your deadline, and i think it's probably safe to say you won't be running foul of any embargoes. It is deadlines that make you journos sweat isn't it? That and discovering an empty biscuit tin?
Sid is waving. Waving goodbye. It means he's leaving now. He's going. His final message to you, dear reader, is to always wash your hands after making a big pooh, and to remember that Hyrule Warriors is a thing…!
SidTheSloth 53

Postby FishyGinger » 01 Mar 2013, 12:52

SidTheSloth wrote:
Mr Jam: We expect completion and review of said Bioshock game with 10 days - that's your deadline, and i think it's probably safe to say you won't be running foul of any embargoes. It is deadlines that make you journos sweat isn't it? That and discovering an empty biscuit tin?

Two weekends, that should be easy.

If you need some help for your review, I thought the combat really sagged around 3/4 of the way through when you fight the adam infused giant sea turtles however that bit with the jet ski, wow...
FishyGinger 66

Postby CunningSmile » 01 Mar 2013, 12:56

FishyGinger wrote:
SidTheSloth wrote:

Two weekends, that should be easy.

If you need some help for your review, I thought the combat really sagged around 3/4 of the way through when you fight the adam infused giant sea turtles however that bit with the jet ski, wow...

The sea turtles were tough! Especially the one with the steampunk style gatling gun mounted on his shell
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 01 Mar 2013, 13:12

CunningSmile wrote:
The sea turtles were tough! Especially the one with the steampunk style gatling gun mounted on his shell

Well yeah, it really wasn't obvious at all you had to use the freezing power on the ammo belt so the gun clogs up and backfires.
FishyGinger 66