to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag release date leaked - "also c

Your comments on our articles.

Pre-orders get bonus Todd MacFarlane collectable poster

Ubisoft is doing a bang-up job of keeping this here Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag under wraps, aren't they? A countdown page appears to have given away the game's release date, shortly after packshot leakage obliged the publisher to confirm its existence ahead of schedule. The big day is 29th October 2013 - and according to some accompanying text, Black Flag is "also coming to next-gen consoles".... read more

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag release date leaked - "also c

Postby Gazisdaman » 01 Mar 2013, 11:01

I was more surprised that it was bothering with a release on current gen then that it's coming to the next one.
Gazisdaman 35

Re: Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag release date leaked - "al

Postby CunningSmile » 01 Mar 2013, 12:06

I thought that leaked poster yesterday looked like McFarlane. Guess the guy needed a job since Vigil went belly up with the rest of THQ.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby KernowDevil23 » 01 Mar 2013, 12:22

I must say that I'm not looking forward to all of these "cross-generational" titles. I can see why developers are planning on releasing for current & next-gen but the quality of the games for next-gen early adopters (me!) could be pretty dire if the only difference is a few shiny visual effects?

Maybe I'm talking bollocks though. I do that a lot.
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56

Postby Apparitions » 01 Mar 2013, 12:39

Is it just me or does it seem way too soon for a new AC, even one of the minor ones like Brotherhood/the boring one in Constantinople? Doesn't really seem like them put much time into it, unless they were developing 3 and 4 simultanously which is a bit weird. Regardless, I'm pretty interested in the concept of a pirate-y AC and they are always pretty fun and look visually great so I'll keep an eye on AC:IV
Apparitions 13

Postby CunningSmile » 01 Mar 2013, 13:01

Apparitions wrote:Is it just me or does it seem way too soon for a new AC, even one of the minor ones like Brotherhood/the boring one in Constantinople? Doesn't really seem like them put much time into it, unless they were developing 3 and 4 simultanously which is a bit weird. Regardless, I'm pretty interested in the concept of a pirate-y AC and they are always pretty fun and look visually great so I'll keep an eye on AC:IV

Brotherhood and the boring one were both released within a year of the previous one, and Brotherhood was actually pretty good. Ubisoft have about 8 teams each working on a seperate part so they manage to turn around a pretty decent well made game in a fraction of the time. In fact the worst edition so far is AC3, the game that had more development time then the previous three put together.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby ben wilkinson » 03 Mar 2013, 19:59

Well... Assassins Creed is a great game i must say, but the thing that bugs me is, they are bringing out too many. They are all the same thing assassinate people, run around randomly killing people, learn things... etc. I'll probably buy it and hope there is a mssive change. xD
ben wilkinson 1

Postby Metalrodent » 03 Mar 2013, 20:04

ben wilkinson wrote:Well... Assassins Creed is a great game i must say, but the thing that bugs me is, they are bringing out too many. They are all the same thing assassinate people, run around randomly killing people, learn things... etc. I'll probably buy it and hope there is a mssive change. xD

while i see your point a game called 'Assassins Creed' where you don't assassinate people might be a bit naff
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby Metalrodent » 03 Mar 2013, 20:08

My hope for the AC series is it goes back to stealth, while it had its fair share of problems I liked the first best because it forced you to tail your targets, learn their route and then strike at the best moment, where as since its more a case of just run in stab and leg it through a prescripted chase sequence
(seems unlikely though, pirate media is seldom known fot its slowness and subtlety)
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67