to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Free Xbox Live Gold weekend unveiled, compliments of Bioshoc

Your comments on our articles.

Microsoft to open service to all across 8th-10th March

Rejoice, Xbox Live Silver subscribers! For the makers of Bioshock Infinite are not deaf to your multiplayer-deprived suffering. Irrational has "teamed up" with Microsoft to offer a free weekend of Xbox Live Gold access across 8th-10th March. Which is kind of ironic, given that Irrational's Ken Levine has publicly pooh-poohed the idea that every blockbuster game needs a multiplayer mode.... read more

Free Xbox Live Gold weekend unveiled, compliments of Bioshoc

Postby Bezza89 » 01 Mar 2013, 12:08

...and that Bioshock is out late march... it's a bit odd.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Re: Free Xbox Live Gold weekend unveiled, compliments of Bio

Postby SidTheSloth » 01 Mar 2013, 12:13

Where do we stand now on Infinite's multiplayer - it doesn't have any as i understand does it despite original plans? That fits nicely with what Ken says in Ed's link? Getting old, memory going it seems. :?

But yeah, makes this stranger and stranger...
Sid is waving. Waving goodbye. It means he's leaving now. He's going. His final message to you, dear reader, is to always wash your hands after making a big pooh, and to remember that Hyrule Warriors is a thing…!
SidTheSloth 53

Postby OXM ETboy » 01 Mar 2013, 12:38

They were planning something at one point, but it's been cut.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby FishyGinger » 01 Mar 2013, 12:39

Very odd indeedsome. A game with no multiplayer coming out almost a month after the free weekend. Is it so you can play bioshock 2 online and tell your friends how good infinite will be?
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby msbhvn » 01 Mar 2013, 13:35

I have Gold already and I'm getting Infinite on PC. :(
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby SidTheSloth » 01 Mar 2013, 13:54

msbhvn wrote:I have Gold already and I'm getting Infinite on PC. :(

Where'd you order Bioshock dude? Speaking to Bezza last night and said he'd ordered on Amazon, but can see no confirmation anywhere you can redeem retail on Steam so curious. Maybe he isn't arsed, or maybe he knows differently (1 & 2 were/are both steam redeemable for example), but with Steam running their promotion it's a bit counter intuitive if they do allow it?

Not that i care or have a vested interest anyway in the shape of free XCOM etc :|
Sid is waving. Waving goodbye. It means he's leaving now. He's going. His final message to you, dear reader, is to always wash your hands after making a big pooh, and to remember that Hyrule Warriors is a thing…!
SidTheSloth 53

Postby msbhvn » 01 Mar 2013, 14:02

I pre-ordered Infinite on Amazon. I checked first that it was Steamworks, so it'll have a code. Then the next day, they put up the pre-purchase rewards on Steam. Luckily I'm not interested in TF2 and I'm not so sure about XCom, so getting just the free BioShock 1 code is okay.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby Bezza89 » 01 Mar 2013, 14:20

XCOM is amazing, but I'm not too arsed about steam compatibility - you can just add it anyway, the only thing you don't get is a timer of how long you played, you can still upload screens etc.

Unless you have to keep a disc in, but that's laziness really.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby FishyGinger » 01 Mar 2013, 14:24

SidTheSloth wrote:
msbhvn wrote:I have Gold already and I'm getting Infinite on PC. :(

Where'd you order Bioshock dude? Speaking to Bezza last night and said he'd ordered on Amazon, but can see no confirmation anywhere you can redeem retail on Steam so curious. Maybe he isn't arsed, or maybe he knows differently (1 & 2 were/are both steam redeemable for example), but with Steam running their promotion it's a bit counter intuitive if they do allow it?

Not that i care or have a vested interest anyway in the shape of free XCOM etc :|

You're more than welcome to get it on steam and gift me the Xcom bonus, I wouldn't block you from doing that, honestly. It really isn't a hassle on my part so don't worry.

is he falling for it, anyone?
FishyGinger 66

Postby SidTheSloth » 01 Mar 2013, 14:48

FishyGinger wrote:
SidTheSloth wrote:

You're more than welcome to get it on steam and gift me the Xcom bonus, I wouldn't block you from doing that, honestly. It really isn't a hassle on my part so don't worry.

is he falling for it, anyone?

Ha, the irony here is i'm getting it gifted free off someone else if the pre-order targets met!! :) I'm a bit torn with Infinite itself, story i think it'll be good, but not a fan of the combat type bits so awaiting reviews to see just how essential it is...

I'll admit i was being a bit lazy with googling infinite retail for steam. Saw mention of steamworks but unconfirmed. Seems when i looked a bit harder irrational confirmed it themselves on Twitter, which i would think makes it quite likely - unless their account was hacked like Burger King
SidTheSloth 53

Postby FishyGinger » 01 Mar 2013, 15:48

SidTheSloth wrote:Ha, the irony here is i'm getting it gifted free off someone else if the pre-order targets met!! :) I'm a bit torn with Infinite itself, story i think it'll be good, but not a fan of the combat type bits so awaiting reviews to see just how essential it is...

I'll admit i was being a bit lazy with googling infinite retail for steam. Saw mention of steamworks but unconfirmed. Seems when i looked a bit harder irrational confirmed it themselves on Twitter, which i would think makes it quite likely - unless their account was hacked like Burger King

The best way to research whether it needs steam is to look on amazon reviews and see how many one star ratings it gets before it's released.
FishyGinger 66