to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

The X-Files: nine secret next gen Xbox projects we're dying

Your comments on our articles.

OXM presses its collective ear to the ground

Confirmed: everybody in the entire universe is developing games for next generation platforms, otherwise known as whatever Microsoft eventually calls the Xbox 720 plus some other hardware that isn't as good. For reals. Your dad's probably making one, out in the garden shed away from prying eyes. Oh, he says he's just popping out to smoke his pipe, but ain't no pipe on this Earth functions by way of Kinect voice commands. Go on, see if you can bug his toolkit. Then, send us the audio file (with time-coded excerpts, natch) and we'll pay you ninety million imaginary pounds.... read more

The X-Files: nine secret next gen Xbox projects we're dying

Postby scham81 » 02 Mar 2013, 00:09

I do hope there are some good xbox exclusives in or around launch, i personally dont care too much about them but I do want something to make ps fanboys shut the hell up :) so MS if you could release a console that blows the ps4 out of the water, have kinect 2.0 worth having rather than used just on dashboard voice commands or dance game and have a good collection of exclusive that would be awesome cheers :lol:
scham81 31

Re: The X-Files: nine secret next gen Xbox projects we're dy

Postby Decent_Jam » 02 Mar 2013, 10:11

Any news on what Black Tusk are up to?
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Xbox One : Titanfall, Battlefield 4, Killer Instinct, Forza 5, head to OXM Nights for a meet up.
Decent_Jam 58

Postby SidTheSloth » 02 Mar 2013, 12:34

I generally hate a never ending stream of sequels but Fable, for the love of god, please can we have a proper sequel to the first game? 2 wasn't terrible, and 3 perfectly playable (see how i damned with faint praise - lesson to you Mr & Mrs Shouty Interweb), but none of them have come close to fulfilling, or even really exploring the potential of the first. From speaking to people i know there's still an enormous appetite for the series so a good sequel that focuses on questing/hero stuff instead of endless interactions and friend collecting/fetch quest would surely sell like those hot cakes you hear about but never actually see (presumably as they've sold out).

I'd take anything from Rare right now :( A new Viva would be awesome though, and if they wanted to delve into their back catalogue i'd happily take a new, or even HD remake of the underrated and quite phenomenal Blast Corps...
Sid is waving. Waving goodbye. It means he's leaving now. He's going. His final message to you, dear reader, is to always wash your hands after making a big pooh, and to remember that Hyrule Warriors is a thing…!
SidTheSloth 53

Postby fracturedrich » 02 Mar 2013, 18:22

I would love something from total war as i really liked shogun,i love starcraft 2 but that game needs to run at decent framerate with kam.I would love a rts based on the star wars universe or even warhammer.What we need is new ip there nothing better for me than the learning curve.After playing tomb raider developers need to start being a bit more wise as when a game needs to stay sp or mp,i have played to many games this gen where there was no need for mp at all.
fracturedrich 45

Postby Joeboy170101 » 03 Mar 2013, 12:27

Bethesda need to bring us an online game that's NOT for pc...
Joeboy170101 4

Postby CunningSmile » 04 Mar 2013, 10:57

More votes for a new Viva (even with Kinect if MS insist) and a decent RPG Fable, I miss choosing which armour I needed rather than it being purely cosmetic.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Jobe wan kenobi » 21 Apr 2013, 18:49

Isn't the Star Wars game going to be unlikely? Or did I imagine LucasArts being laid off?

Then again I guess Disney might be developing it instead.
Jobe wan kenobi 42

Postby OXM ETboy » 21 Apr 2013, 18:56

Indeed - apologies, forgot to update this before tweeting just now. Have written an addition to the LucasArts entry.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff