to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Bioshock Infinite

Playing them, beating them, moaning about them, celebrating them

Bioshock Infinite

Postby comabob » 03 Mar 2013, 11:46

When is this out?

I want it now.

Ive got a couple trade ins ready to go and despite wanting this badly if its too far away from release i may be forced to get Tomb Raider...
"The boy said he's from hell. Maybe that's where we're going..."
comabob 52

Re: Bioshock Infinite

Postby msbhvn » 03 Mar 2013, 12:06

The 26th. That's three weeks on Tuesday. :wink:

There was a time when the prospect of a new Tomb Raider game would have had me itching to part with my cash, but that was last century. :shock:
Massively Multiplatform since ever, fanboys!
msbhvn 69

Postby comabob » 03 Mar 2013, 12:44

THREE WEEKS?!

I cant be arsed waiting that long im afraid.

Ive checked online for trade in prices and have slightly over 40 quid - am now torn between Dead Space 3 or Crysis 3 -

I am leaning strongly towards dead space though...

Bioshock does look pretty damn good though,.
"The boy said he's from hell. Maybe that's where we're going..."
comabob 52

Postby fracturedrich » 03 Mar 2013, 13:22

comabob wrote:When is this out?

I want it now.

Ive got a couple trade ins ready to go and despite wanting this badly if its too far away from release i may be forced to get Tomb Raider...

Tomb raider is a very good single player,ive nearly finished it , i wont be playing mp again as it is crap so in a day or 2 ime just going to trade it for gears pre order.
fracturedrich 47

Postby msbhvn » 03 Mar 2013, 13:23

comabob wrote:Ive checked online for trade in prices and have slightly over 40 quid - am now torn between Dead Space 3 or Crysis 3 -

I've been enjoying the Crysis series on PC, and OXM scored them both the same, so it depends whether you want watered down jump scares with microtransactions or a five hour shooter with the single player ignored in favour of multiplayer that'll be dead in weeks. :lol:
Massively Multiplatform since ever, fanboys!
msbhvn 69

Postby Carpet Monkey » 03 Mar 2013, 13:44

Spoilt for choice! The first hour of dead space 3 is appalling. Almost like a call of duty game with human opponents. I've just pushed past that, though, and it's gotten back to good old fashioned dead space, thank god. I'd pick up tomb raider for sure if you want to bridge the gap until Bioshock (which is looking unbelievably good!).
Gamertag : Carpet Monkey
Carpet Monkey 42

Postby Metalrodent » 06 Mar 2013, 01:18

keep debating whether to preorder this or not, probably wont.
I do however have a nice £15 Game card to use so i wont be paying full price for it anyhow :)
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby FishyGinger » 06 Mar 2013, 10:17

Yeah I've got it preordered but then I have a fair bit on a gift card so it shouldn't 'cost' anything. I still feel like it will be over the average in Game but hey ho.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 69

Postby Carpet Monkey » 06 Mar 2013, 12:21

Anyone going to Ken Levine's bafta talk in London on Monday? I've only just been told about them, can't believe I missed last Monday's one with makers of Walking Dead and The Room (brilliant IOS game)! Tickets are crazy cheap, like 4 or 5 quid.

If I didn't have a MAHUSSIVE backlog, I would be looking forward to this. I'd it seem to get excited for games any more, just because of the sheer weight and amount of games on the shelf...sigh :(
Carpet Monkey 42

Postby SidTheSloth » 06 Mar 2013, 15:11

Carpet Monkey wrote:If I didn't have a MAHUSSIVE backlog, I would be looking forward to this. I'd it seem to get excited for games any more, just because of the sheer weight and amount of games on the shelf...sigh :(

You know what Monkey, i think you may well be on to something there... I look at the games coming out this year and get hardly a twitch for any of them and now you mention it, i reckon that's probably a lot to do with it. Reckon we're all spoilt now as gamers and we've become too desensitised to big releases/amazing games etc? I used to get excited buying a new game, now i just tend to feel guilty - which suggests there is indeed a problem with me rather than the games themselves? :|
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 54

Postby CunningSmile » 06 Mar 2013, 15:21

I get a certain amount of publicity fatigue as well which doesn't help. For instance at the moment I'm really excited by the prospect of a pirate Assassins Creed game, but come November I'll probably pick it up but with a lot less excitement then if it came out tomorrow.

Bioshock I'm still eager for, but that's because the first is probably my all time favorite game and we've actually seen very little of it over the last few years. It's wetted my appetite rather than left me feeling I've already eaten.
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby Plamsa wing » 06 Mar 2013, 15:43

I've got it on pre-order, I've enjoyed the last two Bioshock games, I see this one being no different. I'm trying not to get excited over any of these up and coming games after last year, which was a massive disappointment save for a few games.

I should probably sort out the backlog though, being called the new Sid t'other night made me realise I should do something. :wink: I'd just play them ocne or twice, but I can't help but going for the achievements. I know I shouldn't, as they're ultimately useless, but I enjoy hearing that noise when one pops.
I spilled flour in my uncle's kitchen, now I've got a croissant.
Plamsa wing 56

Postby SidTheSloth » 06 Mar 2013, 16:12

Plamsa wing wrote:I should probably sort out the backlog though, being called the new Sid t'other night made me realise I should do something. :wink: I'd just play them ocne or twice, but I can't help but going for the achievements. I know I shouldn't, as they're ultimately useless, but I enjoy hearing that noise when one pops.

Not sure those were the exact words, to be this awesome takes Sega, and i'm not sure you've hit those heights yet...! :wink: Mr Clanger officially still has the baton, but recent discoveries suggest he has defected to the dark side so it seems only right to pass it on. I feel the 'see game-buy game' force is strong with you though so i deem you a worthy recipient. Golli was a contended but his are mostly on Steam so that counted against him when discussing in the sloth scrum.
SidTheSloth 54

Postby SidTheSloth » 06 Mar 2013, 16:16

CunningSmile wrote:I get a certain amount of publicity fatigue as well which doesn't help.

Ditto. I was disproportionately angry last year when OXM had Assassins Creed 3 week in Jan/Feb/March whenever it was, meant that i knew we had months of endless articles about it and sure enough, a never ending stream throughout the year just put me off - in conjunction with the ridiculous pre-order strategy they adopted.

Seems the same is happening with the new black flag one. 2-3 articles in the space of a week, and other games will be lucky if they get 1 a month... :roll:

I'm trying to find reasons why i'm not excited for Bioshock Inf though. I loved the story of the first, respawning enemies and FP combat weren't my bag but they were hardly deal breakers - plus i loved fighting the big daddies when i was powered up too so have been struggling to find the root source of my apathy etc :|
SidTheSloth 54

Postby Carpet Monkey » 06 Mar 2013, 16:24

Yeah I think it's quite interesting, ive noticed the change quite recently that I'm not actually truly excited for the games that I buy. The only game I could not wait to buy and play was halo 4. Otherwise it's a bit sad really, gone are the days that you would buy a new game very infrequently, and when you did it was a really exciting experience. Like you say, Sid, nowadays we are so spoilt for choice and trying to keep up with the industry (and also keep up with forum such as this, so you can jou in on the conversations), that more often than not I just feel guilty getting yet another game.

You used to be able to buy one of two games and year and be perfectly content with them. I rarely play through a game more than once now unless I absolutely adore it. It's created a sort of pick up and play then throw it away sort of hobby. Achievements don't help, I feel. A lot of people love them and say that they add loads of value to the game and how we play them. But I feel that when people 100% all those achievements, in their mind that game is done and dusted. I reckon games would probably be a lot more fun and rewarding without them!

I really feel I should be excited for bioshock, but it has all just become a sea of inevitable releases ;(
Carpet Monkey 42

Next