to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Xbox Live sale: Mortal Kombat, Super Street Fighter 4, Tekke

Your comments on our articles.

Fighting game reductions round out the Ultimate Game on Demand Sale

All good things come to an end - and alas, that includes this and last week's Ultimate Games on Demand Sale. Still, at least they're going out with a bang. Or rather, an elbow to the face.... read more

Xbox Live sale: Mortal Kombat, Super Street Fighter 4, Tekke

Postby msbhvn » 04 Mar 2013, 14:28

Got all of those, bar the two Tekken games and MK vs DC, which I had, but traded in. Might re-buy it at this price. :D

EDIT: Max Payne 3 is a bargain at £4.49 in the extended offers section! :shock:
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Re: Xbox Live sale: Mortal Kombat, Super Street Fighter 4, T

Postby Rnald » 04 Mar 2013, 15:56

Civ rev for £4.50 is brilliant, it's been difficult to get under £15 anywhere because it's so rare. Have to pick that up. :D
Rnald 39

Postby PCG The_B » 04 Mar 2013, 16:26

Worth mentioning that due to a wibble on Xbox's end meaning yesterdays offers went up a little late - yesterdays deals also remain available for today.

Batman Arkham Asylum - £2.69
Fallout 3 - £4.49
Max Payne 3 - £4.49
Left 4 Dead 2 - £4.49
Metal Gear Solid HD - £8.99
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker HD - £4.49
The Orange Box - £8.99
Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution - £4.49
Ben Borthwick
The Blog | The Twit(ter)
PCG The_B 65

Postby CunningSmile » 04 Mar 2013, 17:01

I may have to grab Metal Gear Solid HD and Max Payne for those prices
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Bezza89 » 04 Mar 2013, 17:29

I got Max, I'd get L4D2 and MGS HD if I didn't own them already, really good deals, though MGS is relatively expensive compared to MP3 but honestly, mgs is very much worth it. Big download though max payne, 7.7gb and then another 2, another 1.5 and another few gb on top dl'd in game, so you can start playing the game as it downloads the rest of it.

Is today the end day? I'd expect some major deals on the last day, not some fighting games. Though the extended offers are pretty sweet.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby Metalrodent » 04 Mar 2013, 17:35

aides from not having a card linked to my MS account my main problem is that all of these games will be too big
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby michaelhill2110 » 04 Mar 2013, 18:03

Fallout 3 for under £5... i don't think its possible to get more game for your money
michaelhill2110 35

Postby msbhvn » 04 Mar 2013, 18:13

Metalrodent wrote:aides from not having a card linked to my MS account my main problem is that all of these games will be too big

You can press X on the purchase screen to pay in MS points, but the HDD space is still a problem. Unless you happen to have a load of 32GB USB drives lying around?
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby Metalrodent » 04 Mar 2013, 18:18

nope, and I have 140 MS Points - hardly enough for anything
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby SidTheSloth » 04 Mar 2013, 18:21

Ok, bit confused why SSFIVA is less expensive than SFIV? I've got IV and SSFIV - is there any point at all in me getting SSFIVA? Quick google search yields wildly different opinions, but for the sake of a fiver i'm kind of on the path of buy it and sod it? :|

What's MK vs DC like does anyone know? Never been the biggest MK fan but the inclusion of DC along with the low low price has caught my eye...

Otherwise i picked up MGS, LFD2 & MP3 for <£20, which is pretty damn bargainous - was amazed it let me buy them actually, normally doesn't allow me from here so double bonus! :)

It's hard to knock Fallout for a fiver, but some of the DLC for it is pretty stonking so longer term it may be worth grabbing the GOTY edition which can be found for £10-15 if you look hard enough (and works out much cheaper than buyingt hem all separately). If DLC ain't your bag then by all means jump on it if you've never played it!

EDIT: Quick question - sorry, i just can't be arsed to do the research - do any of these games ship with an online pass? Thinking MP3 might well do/have done - do these versions give us access to that stuff or not? Not trying to incite a riot, just curious, didn't think about it in advance etc.
Sid is waving. Waving goodbye. It means he's leaving now. He's going. His final message to you, dear reader, is to always wash your hands after making a big pooh, and to remember that Hyrule Warriors is a thing…!
SidTheSloth 53

Postby Bezza89 » 04 Mar 2013, 18:27

Mp3 and l4d2 excellent choices sid, can add them to the list of oxm nights lol. Might I recommend l4d2 dlc cold stream and the passing, or sacrifice, I forget which you need for the mutation thing.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby msbhvn » 04 Mar 2013, 18:28

MK vs DC is okay, but not a patch on the 2011 MK. The DC heroes have lame "heroic brutality" moves rather than fatalities, and they don't really fit with the darker anti-hero MK characters. The story mode makes very little sense either, like the Star Wars stuff in Soul Calibur IV.

On the bright side, though, you can play Batman and beat the s*** out of the Joker and Catwoman and get revenge on Green Lantern for his mediocre movie. :lol:
msbhvn 66

Postby SidTheSloth » 04 Mar 2013, 18:33

Strangely i think i'll pass on the MK stuff then cheers! :)

How you guys with 20GB HDD's manage is beyond me. I'm frantically deleting stuff all of the goddam time with 250GB, wish to god we could update it (legit) like the competition... :x

And i take it i'll need those LFD2 dlcs to join in? Congrats, here's your bargain game, please give us £20 for the dlc so you can play it - not that this isn't more than likely the point of the sales in the first place! :wink:
Sid is waving. Waving goodbye. It means he's leaving now. He's going. His final message to you, dear reader, is to always wash your hands after making a big pooh, and to remember that Hyrule Warriors is a thing…!
SidTheSloth 53

Postby Bezza89 » 04 Mar 2013, 19:09

To be fair the entire L4D1 campaign for 560 ms points isn't bad, the only compatibility issues are for mutation playlists, which you need the passing or sacrifice for. I don't know which.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby Plamsa wing » 04 Mar 2013, 19:30

Reminds me I've yet to finish Revolution and Metal Gear HD. Why is Peace Walker separate though?

Arkham Asylum is a steal for £3 if anyone is yet to play it.

Really wish Tales was on one of these sales, wonder if they do a another sale tomorrow? Though not likely as this is the last sale.
"Hey! Don't lob factual statements at me as if they're insults!"
Plamsa wing 54

Next