to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Assassin's Creed 4: next gen versions will get new connected

Your comments on our articles.

"A solo experience that benefits from the presence of a huge community."

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag creative director Jean Guesdon has outlined how next generation console versions of the game will differ from their Xbox 360 and PS3 counterparts. As with next gen in general, it's all about that sweet, sweet connectivity.... read more

Assassin's Creed 4: next gen versions will get new connected

Postby Metalrodent » 05 Mar 2013, 11:15

Just as long as there's no forced coop or the like
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Re: Assassin's Creed 4: next gen versions will get new conne

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 05 Mar 2013, 12:02

If the next gen consoles are going to be all about connecting and sharing via social media sites and not innovating games then its safe to say Ill be buying a gaming pc.
Johnbhoy69 55

Postby Bezza89 » 05 Mar 2013, 12:18

Johnbhoy69 wrote:If the next gen consoles are going to be all about connecting and sharing via social media sites and not innovating games then its safe to say Ill be buying a gaming pc.

Because there's no sharing on clients like steam and origin.

Whilst I too think all this social stuff is threatening the solitude of my batcave, I love sharing screenshots, especially when xcom serves up a bastard or two. As long as there is a dedicated tab all the way over there (points) on the dash for it I don't mind, but don't spam my xbox with your teabags, headshots etc.

Then there's the idea of people invading your single player... I don't like the idea, does it work in dark souls? But to come back to my quote, I do think all this stuff is innovating in the design of games, if it works. Good or not? Depends who invades I suppose, knowing the xbox live community, probably an expert 12 year old who can dodge bullets.
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 69

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 05 Mar 2013, 12:51

Bezza89 wrote:
Johnbhoy69 wrote:If the next gen consoles are going to be all about connecting and sharing via social media sites and not innovating games then its safe to say Ill be buying a gaming pc.

Because there's no sharing on clients like steam and origin.

Whilst I too think all this social stuff is threatening the solitude of my batcave, I love sharing screenshots, especially when xcom serves up a bastard or two. As long as there is a dedicated tab all the way over there (points) on the dash for it I don't mind, but don't spam my xbox with your teabags, headshots etc.

Then there's the idea of people invading your single player... I don't like the idea, does it work in dark souls? But to come back to my quote, I do think all this stuff is innovating in the design of games, if it works. Good or not? Depends who invades I suppose, knowing the xbox live community, probably an expert 12 year old who can dodge bullets.

Have never used Steam or Origin so don't know if you were being sarcastic or not.

I enjoy watching the occasional video of the cool things that can be done in games but soon wont every video just be the same with different but just as annoying commentary?
The dark souls invasions were actually very frustrating for me...I was a complete noob and just trying to beat the game but every new area I got into I was getting raped by invaders. Took me a long time before I actually beat one
Johnbhoy69 55

Postby Bezza89 » 05 Mar 2013, 13:35

No, no sarcasm at all. Ever. Not in my nature. I despise it, vilify it... ok yes I'm very sarcastic.

You know, you don't have to watch these videos so I don't see the problem, these videos that don't exist mind. I never understand why people complain about additional options, mandatory changes like scanning you for flabby biomass and forcing you to play kinect keep fit until you lose it - that's a change that would anger, but giving you loads more options and abilities you aren't forced to use? Only a good thing.

However, the invading thing does worry me, unless it's optional - which in watch dogs it is (they confirmed offline playable), or you can limit it to your friends list, request invading etc, I suppose it takes the point of invading away but there's nothing more frustrating than getting beat by experts when you're just trying to enjoy a game.
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 69

Postby Plamsa wing » 05 Mar 2013, 14:56

Not really sure that I want other people affecting my singleplayer, it's singleplayer for a reason.

Despite popular belief, I like being lord and master of my own world. I don't really care for all of this connectivity crap, most of the time it's unnecessary and gets in the way.

Hopefully whatever it is, you can turn it off and it doesn't penalise you for doing so. If theres one thing I hate, it's being forced to play online.
I spilled flour in my uncle's kitchen, now I've got a croissant.
Plamsa wing 57

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 05 Mar 2013, 15:26

People complain about new options as they're almost always just gimmicks to attract the feeble minded. Whenever the new xbox is unveiled the focus better be on next gen gaming not silly little things like kinect and social media interaction. I like my gaming to be old school.
Johnbhoy69 55

Postby GossipHound » 05 Mar 2013, 21:07

I will be buying this based on the above trailer alone - good to hear a pirate with a proper accent.

P.S being from the West Country has had no influence on this comment.
Peace through superior firepower.
GossipHound 31