Thief 4 unveiled for next gen consoles, 2014 release - first

Your comments on our articles.

Stunning images of the all-new Garrett

Drop everything! Screenshots purporting to be of Thief 4 have appeared online, care of VK.com and NeoGAF. It's reportedly coming "in 2014 on PC and next-generation consoles".... read more

Thief 4 unveiled for next gen consoles, 2014 release - first

Postby Metalrodent » 05 Mar 2013, 16:28

what these screenshots suggest is that the next generation consoles will have beautiful graphics - and then ruin it by blurring the edges of everything for effect
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 72

Re: Thief 4 unveiled for next gen consoles, 2014 release - f

Postby SidTheSloth » 05 Mar 2013, 16:36

A series i've never played but heard plenty (of good things) about - tell me more kind sir, tell me more...

(unless it's that stealth has been omitted in favour of all new action based run n' gun gameplay - in which case do one, and take your screenies with you!!) :wink:
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 54

Postby KernowDevil23 » 05 Mar 2013, 16:59

Not really bothered how nice it looks. I'm just really happy a Thief game is on the radar!
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56

Postby Gazisdaman » 05 Mar 2013, 17:04

Thief 4 does looks like Dishonoured, even though the franchise existed before it Thief 4 didn't and the previous ones did not look like this.
Gazisdaman 35

Postby Clanger67 » 05 Mar 2013, 17:10

Fantastic,this will be reason for me to get a next gen. machine if nothing else. :D If they do as good a job as Deus ex but with thief this will be mint.Plus please can we have the rope arrows back from 2. :D
Cry havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war.
Clanger67 60

Postby Bezza89 » 05 Mar 2013, 17:16

SidTheSloth wrote:A series i've never played but heard plenty (of good things) about - tell me more kind sir, tell me more...

(unless it's that stealth has been omitted in favour of all new action based run n' gun gameplay - in which case do one, and take your screenies with you!!) :wink:

'Fraid you'll not like it - it will be stealth and will be like the previous games, that is because of Deus Ex HR making it. I can bet they'll do what they did for that, and if they make it as good, I'm in. I have all previous thieves on steam.

I kind of just want another deus ex made by them, or obsidian. Obsidian are who everyone uses to make sequels of popular franchises, then they never get enough time to make them.
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 69

Postby Baryonyx » 05 Mar 2013, 17:21

Gazisdaman wrote:Thief 4 does looks like Dishonoured, even though the franchise existed before it Thief 4 didn't and the previous ones did not look like this.

I'm not really seeing an influence from Dishonored in these shots (and mores the better, both fantastic games but best kept distinct!). Unless of course, the sight of some masked aristocrats there has taken you back to Lady Boyle's Last Party...! Deadly Shadows is still one of my favourite games of all time, so lets pray this turns out right!
Baryonyx 43

Postby Clanger67 » 05 Mar 2013, 17:27

I'm hoping for another Lvl like the Shalebridge Cradle from DS.Still one of the most pant wettingly atmospheric game Lvls ever,fantastic on your own with all the lights out and headphones.
Cry havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war.
Clanger67 60

Postby Sandbwoy » 05 Mar 2013, 17:27

Next gen is shaping up nicely, some exciting games being announced lately. Roll on next gen!
Sandbwoy 24

Postby SidTheSloth » 05 Mar 2013, 17:37

Bezza89 wrote:
SidTheSloth wrote:A series i've never played but heard plenty (of good things) about - tell me more kind sir, tell me more...

'Fraid you'll not like it - it will be stealth and will be like the previous games, that is because of Deus Ex HR making it. I can bet they'll do what they did for that, and if they make it as good, I'm in. I have all previous thieves on steam.

I kind of just want another deus ex made by them, or obsidian. Obsidian are who everyone uses to make sequels of popular franchises, then they never get enough time to make them.

Huh? I want it to be stealthy you beardy cretin?! :? Or do you mean because it'll be the Deus Ex brand of stealth where you have "so much choice" but really "oh no, i go front door or air ducts" offensive to your intelligence brand of stealth? :wink:

I've got them on steam too. Might play them. One day.
SidTheSloth 54

Postby Bezza89 » 05 Mar 2013, 17:41

My point was indeed that it will be like what HR did to deus ex type of stealth, making it really satisfying, making assault a new option which you'll die a lot on, and just generally being an awesome game but you'll dislike it :wink:

Also why am I being quoted and referenced with beards when I don't have a beard. Everyone in the mass effect thread are saying I'm going to lapdance someone with my beard... what beard? Oh... oh god!
Bezza89 69

Postby Baryonyx » 05 Mar 2013, 17:43

Clanger67 wrote:I'm hoping for another Lvl like the Shalebridge Cradle from DS.Still one of the most pant wettingly atmospheric game Lvls ever,fantastic on your own with all the lights out and headphones.

Yes, this level is regarded as one of the most horrifying gaming experiences ever by aficionados!
Baryonyx 43

Postby FishyGinger » 05 Mar 2013, 17:45

I've not seen stealth around here for awhile but I bet he's lurking.

stealth wrote: looks dull

Was deadly shadows any good? Sad to say I've never played a thief game before. Is it worth getting on steam?
Spider-Baby. Its got the body of a spider and the mind of a baby.
FishyGinger 71

Postby SidTheSloth » 05 Mar 2013, 17:47

Bezza89 wrote:Also why am I being quoted and referenced with beards when I don't have a beard. Everyone in the mass effect thread are saying I'm going to lapdance someone with my beard... what beard? Oh... oh god!

It's the Mitch effect...

Kinda like the Lynx effect - in reverse. And hairier. And probably illegal.
SidTheSloth 54

Postby Bezza89 » 05 Mar 2013, 17:54

I've just seen it's a different team at squenix montreal doing it, so you're in luck.

I'm more interested in the inevitable DEx 2. or 4, whatever.
Bezza89 69

Next