to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

The new Thief: 40 things you need to know

Your comments on our articles.

First gameplay details surface - dry-ice arrows, fingerprint system, AI tactics

First details of how Eidos Montreal's Thief reboot actually handles are in, care of a Game Informer article chopped and pasted by the bods at GamingEverything. The list suggests a game that's acutely mindful of its inheritance, with stealth and banditry very much the crux of the experience, but also one that's happy to allow the odd dash of modern functionality, such as a new navigation aid called Focus mode.... read more

The new Thief: 40 things you need to know

Postby Mendes » 06 Mar 2013, 12:08

I'm liking the look of this... I am aware of the series reputation but to my shame never played any of the previous games having been sat firmly in the Splinter Cell camp, but having increasingly lost interest in that franchise (oh goodness, that pains me to say!) I'll be looking for my stealth fix elsewhere... here and inevitable Dishonored sequel seem like a great starting point.

BTW there are 11 Thief screenshots on Edge Magazine website, I can't help but think it looks like a very sexy Dishonored... which ain't no bad thing considering (texture resolution aside) it wasn't too shabby in itself, the concept design I though was great.

EDIT : Apologies, I notice some the those screenshots have already appeared on OXM in another article.
Mendes 35

Re: The new Thief: 40 things you need to know

Postby Metalrodent » 06 Mar 2013, 12:24

at my count thats 38 points, not 40
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby OXM ETboy » 06 Mar 2013, 12:32

I've added a couple, just for you ;)
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Metalrodent » 06 Mar 2013, 12:36

OXM ETboy wrote:I've added a couple, just for you ;)

thanks luv
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby CunningSmile » 06 Mar 2013, 12:50

The rumours about this and a few other launch window titles is certainly getting me to a stage where I'm wondering how much the Gertrude will cost. I'm not normally the early adoption type, but there are quite a few games on the horizon that are making me excited and I'm seriously thinking around £300 might be doable.
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby fracturedrich » 06 Mar 2013, 13:32

I think 300 will be about right its the cost of the games that have me concern'd, iv'e read somewhere that 60 or 70 pound will be the norm,i remember when the ps2 first came out i got stung for 300 and 50 pound a game.
fracturedrich 47

Postby Mendes » 06 Mar 2013, 14:06

fracturedrich wrote:I think 300 will be about right its the cost of the games that have me concern'd, iv'e read somewhere that 60 or 70 pound will be the norm,i remember when the ps2 first came out i got stung for 300 and 50 pound a game.

It wouldn't suprise me, but I think the sensible publishers will go for £50-£55 in the first instance. That'll leave Activision to go in at £75!

I think they'll be shooting themselves in the foot, (obviously with a gun that's been bought via a microtransaction), pricing games too high because more and more people will do what I do, buy the one game that'll last a while preferably with excellent multiplayer, (Battlefield 3 I'm looking at you), or large open world with hours of gameplay (Skyrim you're up) and wait till the single player games I really want, or the ones where I'm not bothered about the multiplayer, get re-released as a GoTY Edition with all DLC bundled from Play.com for £17.99 or less... this is what I did with many of the games I own, both Batman, Bioshock 2, Metro 2033 / Darksiders bundle (£12! New!), Crysis 2 etc etc etc. Essentially I'm getting 3 games for the price of one.

Ok I get games a year late in some cases but if I'm enjoying the one expensive game I've bought enough then what does it that matter as long as I can avoid spoilers. I still have a backlog of cheap ones I'm after, eyeing up the latest Hitman, Sleeping Dogs, AC3, plus some older one Saints Row 3 and Enslaved among others.

As an aside, I reckon the neXbox will open at £300 too, maybe £329.
Mendes 35

Postby Xbox11 » 07 Apr 2013, 08:12

I'm really looking forward to this game , I hope it's not a let down , Sounds great so far.
Xbox11 29