to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

EA clarifies universal micro-transactions comment - only cov

Your comments on our articles.

Other games will support in-game payments, but it isn't mandatory

Electronic Arts chief financial officer Blake Jorgensen has issued a clarification regarding certain seismic comments last week of the "all our games will have micro-transactions" variety. According to him, EA's in-house micro-transaction systems will be made available to all developers, but they're under no obligation to make use of them. Save for teams working on mobile games, anyway.... read more

EA clarifies universal micro-transactions comment - only cov

Postby msbhvn » 06 Mar 2013, 16:37

We are very conscious that we don't want to make consumers feel like they're not getting value. We want to make sure consumers are getting value.

That is the funniest thing I've read in a long time. The only way it would be funnier, is if it came from Capcom.
Massively Multiplatform since ever, fanboys!
msbhvn 69

Re: EA clarifies universal micro-transactions comment - only

Postby Bezza89 » 06 Mar 2013, 16:45

I think most people at EA are idiots, and what they say isn't always consumer friendly but always shareholder friendly. Time will tell what he meant by it, but I'd expect they'd be in games for similar purposes as there already are - BF3 ME3 etc.
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 68

Postby CunningSmile » 06 Mar 2013, 16:51

Seems a bit odd that there's a press release from the head accountant. Makes sense that his original comment was to the shareholders as reporting to them is his job, but surely the "sorry you all misunderstood," release would have been better from someone who's job it actually is to talk to the press?
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 06 Mar 2013, 16:57

Jorgensen: (to shareholders a bit too loudly) We'll take all their money!
Us: You'll what!
Jorgensen: I didn't say that, I said we'll give you value for your money
Jorgensen: (to shareholders a bit too loudly) We'll rob them blind!
Us: We beg you're pardon?
Jorgensen: Oh I'm sorry, you misinterpreted that, I meant we aren't with holding anything.
Jorgensen: (to shareholders a bit too loudly) We'll kill their grandmothers and steal their kittens!
Us: How dare you threaten my grandmother
Jorgensen: Sorry, big misunderstanding, I meant we'll kill your kittens and kidnap your grandmother.

This play was brought to you by me, not understanding why ANSI class 300 flanges are too big when the pressure could actually get that high and therefore being bored to death.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 69

Postby Gazisdaman » 06 Mar 2013, 18:09

FishyGinger wrote:Jorgensen: (to shareholders a bit too loudly) We'll take all their money!
Us: You'll what!
Jorgensen: I didn't say that, I said we'll give you value for your money
Jorgensen: (to shareholders a bit too loudly) We'll rob them blind!
Us: We beg you're pardon?
Jorgensen: Oh I'm sorry, you misinterpreted that, I meant we aren't with holding anything.
Jorgensen: (to shareholders a bit too loudly) We'll kill their grandmothers and steal their kittens!
Us: How dare you threaten my grandmother
Jorgensen: Sorry, big misunderstanding, I meant we'll kill your kittens and kidnap your grandmother.

This play was brought to you by me, not understanding why ANSI class 300 flanges are too big when the pressure could actually get that high and therefore being bored to death.

I'm pretty sure I read this in hamlet, nice try but you're not getting away with such blatant plagiarism on my watch. :wink:
Gazisdaman 35

Postby FishyGinger » 07 Mar 2013, 09:28

Gazisdaman wrote:
I'm pretty sure I read this in hamlet, nice try but you're not getting away with such blatant plagiarism on my watch. :wink:

Mr Hamlet knew why I couldn't use class 150 flanges and had to go to size 300? Well I'm glad someone gets it.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 69