to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

The Walking Dead Season 2 will release fall 2013, Telltale c

Your comments on our articles.

Panic over reported late 2014 release dispelled

If you're awaiting the arrival of The Walking Dead Season 2, you'll be unhappy to know that it may not release till "fall" next year. Oh sorry, I meant fall this year. Hang on, what was the question?... read more

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 will release fall 2013, Tellta

Postby CunningSmile » 07 Mar 2013, 11:08

Agreed we need more Clem. I've got too much emotionally invested in her to just forget about.
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
User avatar
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 10913
Joined: 03 Aug 2009, 15:17
Location: United Kingdom

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 will release fall 2013, Tellta

Postby Clanger67 » 07 Mar 2013, 11:12

Great stuff,surely it will carry on from the first.
Cry havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war.
Clanger67 60
 
Posts: 3013
Joined: 05 Dec 2011, 22:44
Location: United Kingdom

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 will release fall 2013, Tellta

Postby ItchyRash » 07 Mar 2013, 11:46

I'm still reeling from the events of the first. I don't think i've ever been so invested in a character as I was with what's his face. I forget his name. BUT I WAS INVESTED IN HIM! I just can't remember what he was called.

Not sure I'm emotionally stable enough for a second season. Can't even bring myself to play the first over again
ItchyRash 43
 
Posts: 471
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 16:27
Location: United Kingdom

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 will release fall 2013, Tellta

Postby CunningSmile » 07 Mar 2013, 12:15

ItchyRash wrote:I'm still reeling from the events of the first. I don't think i've ever been so invested in a character as I was with what's his face. I forget his name. BUT I WAS INVESTED IN HIM! I just can't remember what he was called.

Not sure I'm emotionally stable enough for a second season. Can't even bring myself to play the first over again


I have absolutely no interest in replaying exactly because I was emotionally invested. I didn't make my decisions based on some notion that it would play out nicely for the plot, I made them because I thought they were the best choice to keep Clem and my friends alive. How is it even possible to make the other choice if I played it again?
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
User avatar
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 10913
Joined: 03 Aug 2009, 15:17
Location: United Kingdom

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 will release fall 2013, Tellta

Postby ItchyRash » 07 Mar 2013, 12:41

CunningSmile wrote:
ItchyRash wrote:I'm still reeling from the events of the first. I don't think i've ever been so invested in a character as I was with what's his face. I forget his name. BUT I WAS INVESTED IN HIM! I just can't remember what he was called.

Not sure I'm emotionally stable enough for a second season. Can't even bring myself to play the first over again


I have absolutely no interest in replaying exactly because I was emotionally invested. I didn't make my decisions based on some notion that it would play out nicely for the plot, I made them because I thought they were the best choice to keep Clem and my friends alive. How is it even possible to make the other choice if I played it again?


I agree. I'm not sure I would be able to play and make those other choices without feeling like I was cheating myself. There are a few things though that I wonder about what would happen if I did things different. I always wondered if you choices actually effected the course of the game or did the decisions just effect dialogue and how others reacted you.

SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER!

Like what happens if you don't leave Lilly behind or take from the seemingly abandoned car? Is it possible that Lilly doesn't shoot the girl and there's a romance that can develop as you proceed. That's the main one for me. I just didn't want that girl to be shot
ItchyRash 43
 
Posts: 471
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 16:27
Location: United Kingdom

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 will release fall 2013, Tellta

Postby FishyGinger » 07 Mar 2013, 12:47

CunningSmile wrote:
ItchyRash wrote:I'm still reeling from the events of the first. I don't think i've ever been so invested in a character as I was with what's his face. I forget his name. BUT I WAS INVESTED IN HIM! I just can't remember what he was called.

Not sure I'm emotionally stable enough for a second season. Can't even bring myself to play the first over again


I have absolutely no interest in replaying exactly because I was emotionally invested. I didn't make my decisions based on some notion that it would play out nicely for the plot, I made them because I thought they were the best choice to keep Clem and my friends alive. How is it even possible to make the other choice if I played it again?


I will play it again but in a long time so i've forgotten everything, whether I'll make the same decisions though I don't know.
2 + 4 = Fish
User avatar
FishyGinger 69
 
Posts: 4379
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:42

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 will release fall 2013, Tellta

Postby SidTheSloth » 07 Mar 2013, 12:50

Why is it i always think Clementines name was Ermintrude? She didn't look remotely like a cow...?

I felt i let myself down in the last episode as throughout the other 4 i'd nearly always gone against the majority decision, but either the choices in 5 were a bit more obvious or i sold out :)
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
User avatar
SidTheSloth 54
 
Posts: 4200
Joined: 14 Sep 2011, 00:59

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 will release fall 2013, Tellta

Postby FishyGinger » 07 Mar 2013, 13:45

SidTheSloth wrote:Why is it i always think Clementines name was Ermintrude? She didn't look remotely like a cow...?

I felt i let myself down in the last episode as throughout the other 4 i'd nearly always gone against the majority decision, but either the choices in 5 were a bit more obvious or i sold out :)


Sounds like the sister of gertrude...
2 + 4 = Fish
User avatar
FishyGinger 69
 
Posts: 4379
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:42

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 will release fall 2013, Tellta

Postby Rewave Acid » 07 Mar 2013, 14:31

ItchyRash wrote:SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER!

Like what happens if you don't leave Lilly behind or take from the seemingly abandoned car? Is it possible that Lilly doesn't shoot the girl and there's a romance that can develop as you proceed. That's the main one for me. I just didn't want that girl to be shot


Just so that you don't get your hopes up too high, i'll just say there are parts of the game that are more scripted than you think, and they turn out similarly no matter what choices you make :)
Rewave Acid 30
 
Posts: 56
Joined: 26 May 2010, 16:55

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 will release fall 2013, Tellta

Postby ItchyRash » 07 Mar 2013, 15:13

Rewave Acid wrote:
ItchyRash wrote:SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER!

Like what happens if you don't leave Lilly behind or take from the seemingly abandoned car? Is it possible that Lilly doesn't shoot the girl and there's a romance that can develop as you proceed. That's the main one for me. I just didn't want that girl to be shot


Just so that you don't get your hopes up too high, i'll just say there are parts of the game that are more scripted than you think, and they turn out similarly no matter what choices you make :)


I expected as much. I got the feeling that a lot of the time the end result was always the same, it was just about how you got there
ItchyRash 43
 
Posts: 471
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 16:27
Location: United Kingdom

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 will release fall 2013, Tellta

Postby Crisco » 07 Mar 2013, 16:03

I played through twice trying to make different decisions but sometimes I couldn't bring myself to. I went the opposite way with the 5 big ones you find out about at the end of a chapter and some of them didn't make much difference at all.

What I liked while playing through it the first time, was that it FELT like a big thing. Every single choice you had to make felt like it was the most important decision of your life. That was what drew me in, from the first time I played the demo when you had to choose to leave during the day, or wait until it got dark, this felt like a major choice that could have serious consequences.

No other game has made me feel like my actions really do matter, in such a big way.
Being good at stuff is overrated. Probably.
Gamertag: Super Crisco
User avatar
Crisco 46
 
Posts: 228
Joined: 20 Jan 2013, 17:59
Location: United Kingdom

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 will release fall 2013, Tellta

Postby CunningSmile » 07 Mar 2013, 16:16

Crisco wrote:I played through twice trying to make different decisions but sometimes I couldn't bring myself to. I went the opposite way with the 5 big ones you find out about at the end of a chapter and some of them didn't make much difference at all.

What I liked while playing through it the first time, was that it FELT like a big thing. Every single choice you had to make felt like it was the most important decision of your life. That was what drew me in, from the first time I played the demo when you had to choose to leave during the day, or wait until it got dark, this felt like a major choice that could have serious consequences.

No other game has made me feel like my actions really do matter, in such a big way.


Exactly my feelings. Whether or not the choices mattered to the story isn't as important to me as the fact they felt like they mattered, in fact much more so than stuff like ME where it does actually influence the story.
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
User avatar
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 10913
Joined: 03 Aug 2009, 15:17
Location: United Kingdom

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 will release fall 2013, Tellta

Postby Crisco » 07 Mar 2013, 17:38

Yeah, I can see some people being a bit disappointed if they find out that their decisions weren't as important as they seemed, but it doesn't change the experience of believing they were the first time round. If games can only make it feel like you are making life changing choices I can forgive them for those choices not actually making too much of a difference.
Being good at stuff is overrated. Probably.
Gamertag: Super Crisco
User avatar
Crisco 46
 
Posts: 228
Joined: 20 Jan 2013, 17:59
Location: United Kingdom

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 will release fall 2013, Tellta

Postby Carpet Monkey » 07 Mar 2013, 17:45

I have to admit I found clementine rather irritating. Was hugely invested in EVERY other character. I'm not quite sure why people found clementine's character so brilliant. To me it was obvious that the voice actress was a 35 yr old lady, and it was a little weird and disturbing! Still, can't wait for this!

They also stated in a recent interview that there will be some extra content during the year to keep fans happy during the wait for the next season. Wonder what it could be? I've just finished the first 2 seasons of the US tv show and would love it to follow that storyline.
Gamertag : Carpet Monkey
User avatar
Carpet Monkey 42
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: 31 Oct 2008, 17:31
Location: United Kingdom

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 will release fall 2013, Tellta

Postby SidTheSloth » 07 Mar 2013, 17:49

The one thing i hope other games take from this is the timed decisions aspect. Mass Effects morality system as an example would have had so much more impact if you couldn't sit and work your way around conversations, pausing as necessary etc. Unfortunately people would no doubt complain if Wrex had died, or Garrus etc because of it so can't see it happening which is a shame. Made every decision in WD feel a lot more realistic, even if once looked at in more detail they rarely did make a lot of difference.
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
User avatar
SidTheSloth 54
 
Posts: 4200
Joined: 14 Sep 2011, 00:59

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]