to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

New Assassin's Creed 4 screenshots show cutlass kills, myste

Your comments on our articles.

With a yo yo ho and a bottle of Photoshop

With manifest inconsiderateness, Ubisoft has released 12 new screenshots and artworks for Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag. Could have done with a few of those when I wrote up yesterday's chin-stroking preview, lads. Bah.... read more

New Assassin's Creed 4 screenshots show cutlass kills, myste

Postby Gazisdaman » 07 Mar 2013, 12:31

Some of those screenshots look an awful lot like concept art. :wink:
Gazisdaman 35

Re: New Assassin's Creed 4 screenshots show cutlass kills, m

Postby OXM ETboy » 07 Mar 2013, 12:47

Just as well I wrote "screenshots and artworks" in the intro, then ;)
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby SidTheSloth » 07 Mar 2013, 12:47

Wow, another AC4 article...? That's like six in six days now huh? They're really going for overkill with the over-exposure this year aren't they, as if AC3 wasn't pushed down our throats enough - it was incredibly tedious by the time the game released in my newly-and-manflu-fuelled-bitter opinion and this seems to be heading down the same road?

I love(d) the series but Ubi please, sometimes less is more? What's that saying about familiarity and contempt?
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 54

Postby CunningSmile » 07 Mar 2013, 13:13

SidTheSloth wrote:Wow, another AC4 article...? That's like six in six days now huh? They're really going for overkill with the over-exposure this year aren't they, as if AC3 wasn't pushed down our throats enough - it was incredibly tedious by the time the game released in my newly-and-manflu-fuelled-bitter opinion and this seems to be heading down the same road?

I love(d) the series but Ubi please, sometimes less is more? What's that saying about familiarity and contempt?

Agreed. I'm drooling for Bioshock Infinite which has had about three trailers released in three years, I'm already starting to cool on AC4.
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby Gazisdaman » 07 Mar 2013, 13:31

OXM ETboy wrote:Just as well I wrote "screenshots and artworks" in the intro, then ;)

Yeah but who even reads the intro?
Gazisdaman 35

Postby FishyGinger » 07 Mar 2013, 13:41

SidTheSloth wrote:I love(d) the series but Ubi please, sometimes less is more? What's that saying about familiarity and contempt?

Familiarity and contempt run off together, have a baby, name it Excitement and everyone is happy?

I knew my father was a lying bastard...crappy bed time stories.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Postby Metalrodent » 07 Mar 2013, 14:13

SidTheSloth wrote:Wow, another AC4 article...? That's like six in six days now huh? They're really going for overkill with the over-exposure this year aren't they, as if AC3 wasn't pushed down our throats enough - it was incredibly tedious by the time the game released in my newly-and-manflu-fuelled-bitter opinion and this seems to be heading down the same road?

As someone who was bored of the AC series after 2 think how I feel :roll:
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby Muppetman51 » 07 Mar 2013, 14:33

Is it just me or does is anyone else thinking of the bit in Bruce Almighty where Jim Carey goes: Love me...Love me... LOVE ME!!!!!! about AC in general now?

It seems like Ubisoft is either addicted to the franchise or has been taken over by a bunch of masochists who had to rethink their plans after I did away with Hitman's sexy nuns?

Surely the response would be to do something completely different for a few years before trying again? Look for genuinely new ideas in surprising places and be open to the fact that if too much of good thing can be bad, then too much of something that used to be good and has slowly gotten worse doesn't end well for anybody.

Next thing you'll know they'll be singing the "I can Change" song from the South Park film.
Excuse me sir, but the pigs have refused to find any more truffles until you leave!
Muppetman51 39

Postby zacho 666 » 07 Mar 2013, 15:27

I would be happy that the story is only in the past :wink:
CANADA BABY!
zacho 666 25

Postby SidTheSloth » 07 Mar 2013, 15:33

Metalrodent wrote:

As someone who was bored of the AC series after 2 think how I feel :roll:

Wow, now here's an opportunity... How does rodent feel... Hmmm....

Well i'm guessing todays Loose Women has finished now so you're no doubt feeling inexplicably randy and are thus frantically searching the interweb for photo's of Dot Cotton, all the while reaching for the nearest sachet of left over BBQ sauce as you didn't quite understand what Fishy was talking about in the other thread when he mentioned dunking his cheesy crust?

Close? :|
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 54

Postby mariachi2000 » 07 Mar 2013, 15:38

Muppetman51 wrote:Surely the response would be to do something completely different for a few years before trying again? Look for genuinely new ideas in surprising places and be open to the fact that if too much of good thing can be bad, then too much of something that used to be good and has slowly gotten worse doesn't end well for anybody.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/50902/features/wat ... -rulebook/
mariachi2000 37

Postby FishyGinger » 07 Mar 2013, 16:04

SidTheSloth wrote:
Wow, now here's an opportunity... How does rodent feel... Hmmm....

Well i'm guessing todays Loose Women has finished now so you're no doubt feeling inexplicably randy and are thus frantically searching the interweb for photo's of Dot Cotton, all the while reaching for the nearest sachet of left over BBQ sauce as you didn't quite understand what Fishy was talking about in the other thread when he mentioned dunking his cheesy crust?

Close? :|

Have I caused some sort of old woman fetish on a young and impressionable teenager? I hate doing that...
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Postby Louis Blenkiron » 07 Mar 2013, 16:07

Are people obsessed with killing red coats in these games now! They missed a great opp by not doing feudal Japan. Whatever next, jack sparrow making an appearance
Louis Blenkiron 1

Postby CunningSmile » 07 Mar 2013, 16:14

Louis Blenkiron wrote:Are people obsessed with killing red coats in these games now! They missed a great opp by not doing feudal Japan. Whatever next, jack sparrow making an appearance

Don't worry, I think there will be a large amount of killing yellow/purple/orange coats as well since one of the three main areas is under Spanish rule. Those guys loved multi coloured army uniforms.
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 07 Mar 2013, 16:22

Louis Blenkiron wrote:Are people obsessed with killing red coats in these games now! They missed a great opp by not doing feudal Japan. Whatever next, jack sparrow making an appearance

Oh so you want to see japanese people killed do you!?
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Next