to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

EA boss brands Dead Space 4 rumour a "desperate" fabrication

Your comments on our articles.

Peter Moore accuses Videogamer of stumping up controversy for hitz

Uproar over the reported cancellation of Dead Space 4 has officially entered the big leagues, ladies and gentlemen. Following a number of formal denials from EA PR, the company's chief executive officer Peter Moore has taken to GamesIndustry.biz forums to savage Videogamer.com for publishing the rumour.... read more

EA boss brands Dead Space 4 rumour a "desperate" fabrication

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 07 Mar 2013, 13:09

I've read the full article at Videogamer.com, and they go into a great deal of detail regarding attempts to elicit a comment from E.A and are vociferous in their denials of wrong doing. At the ripe old age of 49, I’ve witnessed the press get it wrong, assume, embellish and blatantly lie on many an occasion, but in this instance I would suggest that this is E.A throwing their weight about, basically bullying a smaller entity that has dared cast aspersions on the actions of E.A.

I think the truth will out, when in a few months time we will see a more formal announcement of the demise of the Dead Space franchise, but for the moment E.A. will want to maximise sales, and having it reported that a franchise has been cancelled as a direct consequence of the sales / profits generated by a game that has been out for a mere 3 weeks can only serve to harm those sales / profits. So E.A. will be looking to snuff out this story at the earliest opportunity, regardless of the veracity of the claims made.
AllusiveTurtle 44

Re: EA boss brands Dead Space 4 rumour a "desperate" fabrica

Postby CunningSmile » 07 Mar 2013, 13:11

Never trust the word of Peter Moore. Seriously, look at the guy, he looks like someone who buys souls in his spare time!
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby steve w » 07 Mar 2013, 14:17

I hope there is a dead space 4 I think it's the so called fans fault not buying ds3 just becuase it had coop and websites giving good games low scores like Gamespot so more people vist there site.
steve w 57

Postby ItchyRash » 07 Mar 2013, 17:22

steve w wrote:I hope there is a dead space 4 I think it's the so called fans fault not buying ds3 just becuase it had coop and websites giving good games low scores like Gamespot so more people vist there site.

I'm not much of a fan of Gamespot as a website or of there reviews but they actually gave dead space 3 a higher score than this publication and described it as "Great". As one of the fans whos "fault" it is if Dead Space 4 is cancelled I take no blame. EA didn't sell it to me very well. I've actually been more tempted to get it since reading the reviews and forum users talking about it than I was when EA were actively trying to sell me it with advertising. Every time they spoke of it I became less interested. It's not the fans fault for not buying DS3, it's EAs poor marketing and decisions in changing the feel of the game. I'm not obliged to buy it just because I loved the first 2 and won't feel any responsibility if they don't make another
ItchyRash 43

Postby Supacam731 » 07 Mar 2013, 19:59

I would like to say that if this man does go back on his word and there isn't a dead space 4, there will be he'll to pay! Not only have I completed all 3 games and throughly enjoyed this twisted tale I was left breathless and relieved as the credits passed and we all heard Isaacs voice. I was inspired and secretly let a roaring YES dead space 4. EA all I'm going to say is if you do bail on this franchise I do solemnly swear I will never buy another game you develop and trust me I own alot of your games! The fans have spoken!
Supacam731 3

Postby FishyGinger » 07 Mar 2013, 20:42

Careful on any spoilers there, boss.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Postby SilentDark » 09 Mar 2013, 15:02

You know EA really shouldn't be questioning the competence of people when their own lack of competence has been on display recently.

And EA if people didn't buy Dead Space 3 isn't it really your fault. I played the demo and really found it kind of annoying, certainly not very scary. When your rail shooter was more engaging to me I think you've got problems.
"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
SilentDark 66