to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 - past meets present in EA's tuned-u

Your comments on our articles.

Who'd win in a fight between Tiger and Jack Nicklaus?

Where PGA Tour 13 opened a door into the life and times of Tiger Woods, PGA Tour 14 kicks down the gates of history. This year's instalment of the long-lived sim isn't just the usual dose of tweaks and improvements - it's also an opportunity to take a sepia-toned step back into the illustrious past of golf.... read more

Postby vadersmyfather » 07 Mar 2013, 13:20

Snore..

You'd have thunk they'd've upgraded the graphics by now.
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid it dseno't mttaer the oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer are in the rhgit pclae.
vadersmyfather 47

Postby fracturedrich » 07 Mar 2013, 13:22

I have had every single one,my country club was maxed out thanks to players a lot better at it than i was,i was going to give this one a miss as march is a very busy month for games,however the demo is really impressive,i will be waiting for your review.
fracturedrich 47

Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 - past meets present in EA's tun

Postby PS3Tard » 07 Mar 2013, 14:27

I'd pick up the Historic Edition if it wasn't a GAME exclusive.... can't stand GAME
PS3Tard 24

Postby CunningSmile » 07 Mar 2013, 14:32

PS3Tard wrote:I'd pick up the Historic Edition if it wasn't a GAME exclusive.... can't stand GAME

Ah don't be like that, GAME needs love too :cry:
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby delmariachi » 07 Mar 2013, 15:01

The old players part has been done before on the previous xbox so not quite new but having played the demo, I may give it a shot, especially if its got a tougher difficulty setting..
delmariachi 47

Postby FishyGinger » 07 Mar 2013, 15:05

CunningSmile wrote:Ah don't be like that, GAME needs love too :cry:

If you pre-order something in store with them does it have to be the same store you pick it up from?
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 69

Postby CunningSmile » 07 Mar 2013, 15:16

FishyGinger wrote:

If you pre-order something in store with them does it have to be the same store you pick it up from?

Not sure. The preorder used to be linked to your loyalty card so I can't see why you wouldn't still get the bonuses, but obviously they won't have been expecting you to pick it up elsewhere so there is the chance they won't have the stock.
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby SidTheSloth » 07 Mar 2013, 15:37

Ed, if poss can you ask whoever gets landed with review duties to go into detail of how the dlc/microtransaction model works for this years version please? Last years was a bit of a joke as i understood it and the review highlighted it and subsequently it put me off buying it (for which i was grateful). I read a preview (think it was on OXM actually) that said they'd done away with the 'earn coins to play courses' approach this year which is welcome if it turns out to be true...

Wanted to upgrade my olden Tiger for a while now, my last copy is from when he was still 'squeaky' which is obviously years ago now...!
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 54

Postby FishyGinger » 07 Mar 2013, 16:14

CunningSmile wrote:
Not sure. The preorder used to be linked to your loyalty card so I can't see why you wouldn't still get the bonuses, but obviously they won't have been expecting you to pick it up elsewhere so there is the chance they won't have the stock.

Ah right...I was talking about bioshock so don't tell anyone, I go off topic as it is... so I'm not bothered about bonuses.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 69

Postby OXM ETboy » 07 Mar 2013, 16:28

I'll look into it, Sid. Definitely won't be me reviewing this - I know naff all about golf.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby CunningSmile » 07 Mar 2013, 16:59

OXM ETboy wrote:I'll look into it, Sid. Definitely won't be me reviewing this - I know naff all about golf.

And you call yourself posh! I thought they thrust golf clubs upon the upper classes as soon as they could walk, taking them away only long enough to take you grouse shooting :wink:
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby SidTheSloth » 07 Mar 2013, 17:18

OXM ETboy wrote:I'll look into it, Sid. Definitely won't be me reviewing this - I know naff all about golf.

Gracias...!

Weirdly i enjoy playing the games but would never dream of watching it. Playing it irl drives me nuts too having to wait for my turn!!
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 54

Postby Metalrodent » 11 Mar 2013, 00:24

the subheading got my hopes up for a new game mode - sadly not to be
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby PS3Tard » 13 Mar 2013, 14:36

CunningSmile wrote:
PS3Tard wrote:I'd pick up the Historic Edition if it wasn't a GAME exclusive.... can't stand GAME

Ah don't be like that, GAME needs love too :cry:

I can't have been the only one doing a happy dance when they were on the verge of going totally t!ts up... killed off Gamestation and charge more for some used games than they do for new ones... hateful place usually staffed by morons... what's to love?
PS3Tard 24

Postby CunningSmile » 13 Mar 2013, 15:03

PS3Tard wrote:

I can't have been the only one doing a happy dance when they were on the verge of going totally t!ts up... killed off Gamestation and charge more for some used games than they do for new ones... hateful place usually staffed by morons... what's to love?

The purple colour scheme. Takes a brave company to choose that as a brand colour but they pull it off.
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Next