to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Watch_Dogs gameplay info: six ways Ubisoft aims to rewrite G

Your comments on our articles.

Online, climbing systems, project DNA and more

It's been over half a year since Ubisoft's last E3 presser, but I've yet to see a game reveal, next gen or otherwise, that exceeds the publisher's Watch_Dogs in the "stand on table and wave your unmentionables around" stakes. (Capcom's Deep Down teaser at the Stayplation Four reveal is probably nearest the mark.) An open world adventure in which you can wirelessly hack Chicago's infrastructure using a smartphone, this sinisterly beautiful effort is at once tailor-made with cutting edge connectivity in mind and a critique of that technology's ubiquity.... read more

Watch_Dogs gameplay info: six ways Ubisoft aims to rewrite G

Postby CunningSmile » 07 Mar 2013, 14:37

I'm really looking forward to this and love the concept of a high tech vigilante, but I'm struggling to decide if most of this article is something to get excited about or PR double speak :?
Confirmation Bias is a bad thing, I've read a book that agreed with me about that
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Re: Watch_Dogs gameplay info: six ways Ubisoft aims to rewri

Postby Clanger67 » 07 Mar 2013, 14:41

I'm inclined to agree with it being Ubi.Hopefully it still stacks up when it's released have pretty high hopes for it after E3.
Cry havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war.
Clanger67 60

Postby SidTheSloth » 07 Mar 2013, 15:43

I can't deny the game looks to have loads of potential, but i worry it'll disappoint as much as it'll impress. I hope i'm proven totally wrong, but a lot of Ubi's games look the business but struggle with depth and substance past all the glitz and glamour.

AC mission structure regressed if anything, and as good as Far Cry 3 was, for me the highlights weren't the missions themselves, but the outposts and stalking man-eating badgers in the middle of the jungle. I just have a gut feeling that together with 'wow-ing' us it'll contain said games ability to irritate...

Hopefully my concerns are shot down in flames and this turns out to be as good as most people already seem to think it is, and the rest of us hope it will be.
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 53

Postby Drainwater » 08 Mar 2013, 04:36

Yeah this game is starting to enter "sounds too good to be true" territory. But, dammit, I still choose to be optimistic about it.
Drainwater 35

Postby SidTheSloth » 08 Mar 2013, 11:11

Drainwater wrote:Yeah this game is starting to enter "sounds too good to be true" territory. But, dammit, I still choose to be optimistic about it.

It definitely does, but i find it strange with the game the way the usually cynical, negative internet has all but disappeared in the face of this and one great big hype bandwagon has been constructed, with most jumping aboard and no-one is listening to reason!? :|

Definitely nothing wrong with optimism, i'm just trying to balance mine with a healthy dose of caution, seen far too many games over the years that look great and then play shit (always use mission impossible on the N64 as one of my examples, and who can forget 'The Bouncer' on PS2?). Both the gameplay vids i've seen for this have looked incredible, but on second and third playbacks, they also appear to be incredibly 'convenient' with how things pan out. Not saying they're fully scripted, but cop cars appearing in streets with barriers just as the player turns the corner? Hmm...

>plans for worst, hopes for best<
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 53

Postby Flatpeaking » 08 Mar 2013, 15:02

Looks really good, wouldnt say it was a gta style game though.
Flatpeaking 2

Postby Drainwater » 09 Mar 2013, 03:07

SidTheSloth wrote:It definitely does, but i find it strange with the game the way the usually cynical, negative internet has all but disappeared in the face of this and one great big hype bandwagon has been constructed, with most jumping aboard and no-one is listening to reason!? :|

Definitely nothing wrong with optimism, i'm just trying to balance mine with a healthy dose of caution, seen far too many games over the years that look great and then play shit (always use mission impossible on the N64 as one of my examples, and who can forget 'The Bouncer' on PS2?). Both the gameplay vids i've seen for this have looked incredible, but on second and third playbacks, they also appear to be incredibly 'convenient' with how things pan out. Not saying they're fully scripted, but cop cars appearing in streets with barriers just as the player turns the corner? Hmm...

>plans for worst, hopes for best<

Ugh...The Bouncer. So much potential...
Drainwater 35

Postby GHOSTY05 » 09 Mar 2013, 10:15

Looks great, roll on these new consoles i say!
GHOSTY05 40

Postby Vulgar Plebeian » 30 Apr 2013, 02:31

Hopefully this will be a cracker of a game. Or possibly not. Only time and funds for the new console will tell.

I remember being impressed by this game's showing at last year's E3, and stated that "One for the future is Watch Dogs which may be too detailed for current consoles – or is it high-end PC footage?
Vulgar Plebeian 47