to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Halo 4 update: Action Sack playlist to offer Lightning CTF,

Your comments on our articles.

Grand haul of chaos-oriented modes to land on Monday

Balanced odds? An even, gradually escalating challenge factor? Pah. 343's next Halo 4 matchmaking update has no truck with such noobish trifles. The update introduces the Action Sack playlist, which introduces a bevy of new and rather deranged-sounding competitive multiplayer modes.... read more

Halo 4 update: Action Sack playlist to offer Lightning CTF,

Postby Decent_Jam » 07 Mar 2013, 18:21

No Rocket Race??? Aww :(

All sounds good, this sort of simple tweaking really adds replay value for me, suspect I will give this a go next week when I'm off.
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Xbox One : Titanfall, Battlefield 4, Killer Instinct, Forza 5, head to OXM Nights for a meet up.
Decent_Jam 58

Re: Halo 4 update: Action Sack playlist to offer Lightning C

Postby Metalrodent » 07 Mar 2013, 18:24

Races were whacky fun i agree, so shame to see they're not back. But action sack is one of the things i played in Reach most so nice to see it back, now we need Multi Team back
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby michaelhill2110 » 08 Mar 2013, 08:51

concerning the above MasterChiefJ117... you make some good points, i don't even have halo but i have borrowed it of a friend and i feel it is starting to show its age. however there is an awful lot of Troll baiting in there and its relay not necessary.
michaelhill2110 35

Postby FishyGinger » 08 Mar 2013, 09:56

Somebody needs a cup of horlicks and a biscuit.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby Metalrodent » 08 Mar 2013, 10:33

MasterchiefJ117
I'm not trying to troll you, and I try to make my comments humorous and non offensive (fyi: that 'aw poor guy' comment wasn't aimed at you, but the guy you were quoting.) if actual offense was caused that was not my intent.
I agree with a lot of what you say, a BTB fix would be nice, rocket race awesome as well and the such like.
Its just for me they're not gamebreakers, whereas F3AR was a significant change not just to the gameplay but the engine, story and entire style of the series - but I still liked it as a game.
Same way I dont love Halo 4 - i have many issues, some include: despawning, short linear story, unclear plot, lack of FFA playlist, not enough vehicles and some major issues with spartan ops. But i do find the game very fun
Yes the map packs aren't amazing i admit (they could learn from Battlefield 3), but i do play them as i have them and its a change from the normal maps, but i do play the normal playlists more.
Maybe I dont notice the apparent problems so much because I was never part of a Halo community, so the impact on me will probably be lesser
And yes I have gone to the official halo forums to voice some of my opinions. I assume you too have some posts there so we're similar in that sense. I responded the way i did initially because every Halo story that came up had a negative post from you, with some of your replies being a touch on the aggressive side.

so... er yes, reply essay over i guess... hopefully we can be if not friends than happy neutrals with mildly conflicting views
Metalrodent 67

Postby Thos. » 08 Mar 2013, 11:26

Halo 4 is not doing so well, and I can't see it getting any better with Halo 5, as a huge proportion of the original fanbase has been disappointed and are unlikely to return.

No matter how much I'd love it, I really don't see 343 saying "Our experiments didn't work, we're switching back to original classic Halo gameplay"

http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/dailypeakpopulation/all

I've never seen any other Halo game pretty much dead after four months. The problem with taking your lead from Call Of Duty, is you shouldn't be surprised when your traffic halves when CoD releases a week after your launch.
Thos. 43

Postby Metalrodent » 08 Mar 2013, 11:28

Thos. wrote:I've never seen any other Halo game pretty much dead after four months. The problem with taking your lead from Call Of Duty, is you shouldn't be surprised when your traffic halves when CoD releases a week after your launch.

Very true, hopefully 5 will listen to the (massive) variety of opinions flying around 4 and actually implement them
Metalrodent 67

Postby Ciaran Hillock » 11 Mar 2013, 03:03

Halo 4 is the worst Halo game to date and an insult to all Halo Fans everywhere, they destroyed everything that Halo was and turned it into some shitty Call of Duty clone
Ciaran Hillock 8