to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Leaked Ubisoft image reveals Assassin's Creed: Rising Phoeni

Your comments on our articles.

A film? A game? A fake?

A quick blast of mystery to get Friday off the ground. All Games Beta has got hold of a murky artwork emblazoned with the phrase "Assassin's Creed: Rising Phoenix". The shot's marked "for internal use only". What could it be?... read more

Leaked Ubisoft image reveals Assassin's Creed: Rising Phoeni

Postby Metalrodent » 08 Mar 2013, 11:26

seems funny they would announce a game so soon after 4
At a rough guess maybes its a Vita/DS spin off
Also that image looks modern day, so could be a conclusion to the whole Desmond thing?
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Re: Leaked Ubisoft image reveals Assassin's Creed: Rising Ph

Postby SidTheSloth » 08 Mar 2013, 12:39

Would it be such a wild and outlandish guess given the sheer number of leaks etc to suggest the site is owned by Ubi themselves? :|
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 54

Postby CunningSmile » 08 Mar 2013, 12:49

SidTheSloth wrote:Would it be such a wild and outlandish guess given the sheer number of leaks etc to suggest the site is owned by Ubi themselves? :|

Does seem that way doesn't it? Is it a slow news week Edwin?

On Topic: I know the AC film is still in production, so maybe this is the first leak around that? Or as Rodent says it could be the latest hand held. After all they released a Vita game to tie in with AC3 so another to coincide with AC4 would seem logical.
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby OXM ETboy » 08 Mar 2013, 12:51

It's pretty slow today, for Xbox at least. Everybody's busy getting all outraged at Sim City, speculating about PS4 and failing to be enthusiastic about God of War: Ascension.

I can't see how Ubisoft maintaining a site for the purposes of leakage would help them.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby CunningSmile » 08 Mar 2013, 12:55

OXM ETboy wrote:It's pretty slow today, for Xbox at least. Everybody's busy getting all outraged at Sim City, speculating about PS4 and failing to be enthusiastic about God of War: Ascension.

I can't see how Ubisoft maintaining a site for the purposes of leakage would help them.

I suppose it would be cheap advertising since a leaked image always seems to get more coverage (and less cynical critisism) than a press release, but that would only work if Ubisoft weren't the type of company that release a full press statement everytime a studio has a lunch break. Fake leak website seems more Rockstar's style.
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby SidTheSloth » 08 Mar 2013, 12:57

CunningSmile wrote:After all they released a Vita game to tie in with AC3

I'm not that far into AC3 or the Vita tie-in as yet, but so far i have to say i'm enjoying the vita version more which is a little worrying i'd say...

I love the outrage for Sim City too, i understand it to a point but who does it help? McDonalds & KFC probably from the rage induced comfort scoff session - it certainly won't help them fix it any faster. I've got a copy in-bound and whilst annoying it's not ready at launch, it's not like there aren't five hundred other games i can play. Morally & ethically EA are all over the shop i agree, but such is life for an online game, they all have issues...

I was talking a bit tongue in cheek about Ubi & the site Ed, but a useful back door to kick some promotional stuff to so they don't get accused by moaners like me of constant self-promotion? (i don't believe this for a minute but hey, we're conspiracising!)

EDIT: Ok, just read that EA have confirmed people can't have a refund for Sim City, now that is ridiculous. If you buy something that doesn't work you should always be entitled to a refund. EA's amazing PR department on fire again i see... :roll:
Last edited by SidTheSloth on 08 Mar 2013, 13:10, edited 1 time in total.
SidTheSloth 54

Postby FishyGinger » 08 Mar 2013, 13:05

OXM ETboy wrote:It's pretty slow today, for Xbox at least. Everybody's busy getting all outraged at Sim City, speculating about PS4 and failing to be enthusiastic about God of War: Ascension.

Can't we get outraged by some of that. Maybe a petition to get sim city on xbox.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Postby OXM ETboy » 08 Mar 2013, 13:19

Tell you what, you go petition Sony to stop making hardware and become an exclusive Xbox software partner, I'll write that shizzle up.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby FishyGinger » 08 Mar 2013, 13:36

Challenge accepted.

Well that was disappointing. The main website doesn't seem to have anywhere to petition. The official Sony forums won't allow me to post a new message because...I don't know, sony are a bit rubbish when it comes to things like that. By the by I did remember the password I set up several months ago. Look at me go, I'm like the elephant man!
Last edited by FishyGinger on 08 Mar 2013, 14:00, edited 1 time in total.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Postby Gazisdaman » 08 Mar 2013, 13:52

I just read a quote from Kip Katsarelis that made me want to both laugh and cry: "What we saw was that players were having such a good time they didn't want to leave the game, which kept our servers packed and made it difficult for new players to join," The logic behind this is something I just cannot fathom. :?
Gazisdaman 35

Postby Mendes » 08 Mar 2013, 14:00

OXM ETboy wrote:Tell you what, you go petition Sony to stop making hardware and become an exclusive Xbox software partner, I'll write that shizzle up.

Well, rumour has it that is going to be the case, but controversially Sony are going to insist on HD-DVD as the release format! :lol:

I knew AC4 was going to be Pirates in the Carribean and had to keep my mouth shut due to an artist friend's Non Disclosure Agreement, (for over a year may I add!! So difficult!) but I haven't heard anything about this... if anything I'd say it could a mobile game or Wii maybe?
Mendes 35

Postby Bezza89 » 08 Mar 2013, 14:02

Currently playing sim city, not sure what the fuss is.
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 69

Postby SidTheSloth » 08 Mar 2013, 14:07

Bezza89 wrote:Currently playing sim city, not sure what the fuss is.

Eugh, don't be 'that guy' dude... Nobody likes him.

I expect the european problems may escalate come 7 this evening when people are home etc, or maybe people will avoid it until the all-clear is given. Maybe they've already fixed it and there won't be any issues this side of the pond, having a lter release date not always the rough end of the stick etc?
SidTheSloth 54

Postby CunningSmile » 08 Mar 2013, 14:09

SidTheSloth wrote:
Bezza89 wrote:Currently playing sim city, not sure what the fuss is.

Eugh, don't be 'that guy' dude... Nobody likes him.

I expect the european problems may escalate come 7 this evening when people are home etc, or maybe people will avoid it until the all-clear is given. Maybe they've already fixed it and there won't be any issues this side of the pond, having a lter release date not always the rough end of the stick etc?

I like that guy :lol:

What is funny is that in an effort to understand what all the fuss is about Bezza is currently running 7 million simultanious games and is solely responsible for the problems :shock:
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby SidTheSloth » 08 Mar 2013, 14:18

Given his predilection for hookers, i dread to think what sort of state his cities will be in anyway... Mentioned multiplayer with him, can just imagine the streams of scantily clad trailer tramps he'll send my way that i'll somehow have to convince to make a small career change into 'frozen' meat packing at one of the industrial parks :roll:
SidTheSloth 54

Next