to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

WRC Powerslide trailer - it's Micro Machines meets rally car

Your comments on our articles.

Postby battfink83 » 08 Mar 2013, 14:07

looked fun untill the power ups bombed it big time....
battfink83 53

Postby battfink83 » 08 Mar 2013, 14:08

looked fun until the power ups bombed it big time
battfink83 53

Re: WRC Powerslide trailer - it's Micro Machines meets rally

Postby SidTheSloth » 08 Mar 2013, 14:15

I concur with the 'cool' description...

Any chance of a mini/lunchtime review Ed? Or a 5 minute gameplay video like you guys did with Trials?

Thinking this could be great for the OXM Nights people who refuse flatly to normally play anything without guns, but some point of reference or recommendation from their magazine deity's may make my job of persuasion much simpler? 1200 points is a fair few quid to splurge otherwise on blind faith - i've been trying to get them to buy Sonic Racing transformed for weeks and to no avail as an example!!
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 54

Postby OXM ETboy » 08 Mar 2013, 14:39

The good sir Chris of Schilling is already reviewing it - more on Monday.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby SidTheSloth » 08 Mar 2013, 14:49

OXM ETboy wrote:The good sir Chris of Schilling is already reviewing it - more on Monday.

Danke...!
SidTheSloth 54

Postby FishyGinger » 08 Mar 2013, 15:01

If they released pgr2 on the marketplace for 1200 wingwangs I'd jump at that like a leper at duct tape.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Postby Metalrodent » 09 Mar 2013, 19:44

SidTheSloth wrote:Thinking this could be great for the OXM Nights people who refuse flatly to normally play anything without guns

I frequently suggest Forza 4 but always get told off for doing so
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby Uncle dozens » 12 Mar 2013, 23:14

In the absence on a review so far, here are my thoughts since buying the game earlier today, and playing for the last couple of hours.

The single player area of the game is broken down into 8 different rallies, with 3 stages in each and 3 classes of car to drive in each one. The stages are all extremely detailed and look identical to the ones in the WRC3 game. The cars look brilliant and seem to handle differently. Every stage unlocks either another team from one of the classes, or another event therefore you have to complete events in turn and in every class of vehicle.

Impacts with the scenery cause fairly accurate damage to the cars but this seems to be cosmetic only and doesn't seem to affect the performance of the vehicles. The detail is brilliant however. I was driving a Citroen in Germany and took some rear end damage causing my boot to bounce up and down with a clunking noise when I went over bumps.

The camera angle takes a little getting used to but after a couple of events it seems fine. There is a good sense of speed and the cars react fast to corners and hard braking so the lack of pace notes isn't a problem.

I really don't like the idea of having power ups but thankfully these can be turned off in the options. It would have been nice to have a separate option for collisions but that's my only complaint.

I haven't tried the online multiplayer yet so I can't comment.

Certainly worth 1200msp of anyone's money and the free demo is a great idea plus if you like it you have already downloaded it.
Uncle dozens 25

Postby SidTheSloth » 03 Apr 2013, 20:48

OXM ETboy wrote:The good sir Chris of Schilling is already reviewing it - more on Monday.

Ed - which monday was this meant to be? :)
SidTheSloth 54

Postby OXM ETboy » 03 Apr 2013, 20:54

Ack, sorry. It got lost somewhere along the line - I'll look into things tomorrow...
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby SidTheSloth » 03 Apr 2013, 20:59

No probs, i'm blaming Chris anyway, rumour has it he was responsible!! I'm sure on the gaming list of priorities this is somewhere low down anyway, and like Uncle says, there's a demo we can go at!

Only brought it up because i had to trawl the five or six pages to find this because my memory's so bad i couldn't remember what it's called! :)
SidTheSloth 54