to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

What if FIFA didn't exist? 8 Xbox 360 sports games to fill t

Your comments on our articles.

Elliot Johnston talks us through the Other Beautiful Games

Football has died. FIFA is no more. Its almighty reign over the sporting psyche of our country has come to an end. In the Beautiful Game's absence millions of men will be condemned to household chores on a Saturday and FIFA-less teenagers will have no distraction from their homework. Your lovingly put-together Ultimate Team has disappeared into the nether. You'll never earn those three points you need for the division one Seasons title, and your poor Pro's career has been cut horrifyingly short. Your heart is broken.... read more

What if FIFA didn't exist? 8 Xbox 360 sports games to fill t

Postby FishyGinger » 08 Mar 2013, 14:57

Am I the only one that thinks grifball is absolute donkey balls (meaning bad in this sense. Bad as in rubbish, not the Michael Jackson bad, eeeeh heee chamon)? It's just constant spamhammer of death.

And if there are decent football and american football games, why aren't there any good rugby games? You know, sports with 15 inches of padding?
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Re: What if FIFA didn't exist? 8 Xbox 360 sports games to fi

Postby CunningSmile » 08 Mar 2013, 15:36

Because Rugby players are too busy drinking to play computer games (trust me, my brothers one) and Rugby doesn't have the same cross over appeal to fat losers who think they can do better than highly trained athletes that football does. Hence no real market for a rugby game. They do exist though

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jonah-Lomu-Rugb ... 370&sr=1-1
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Re: What if FIFA didn't exist? 8 Xbox 360 sports games to fi

Postby Muppetman51 » 08 Mar 2013, 16:18

FishyGinger wrote:.

And if there are decent football and american football games, why aren't there any good rugby games? You know, sports with 15 inches of padding?

Because rugby games suffered from terrible mechanics. The players move so slowly on EA's games at preset moves you can tackle them without trying, the breakdown and set piece plays are shoddy at best and Grant Fox was annoying enough when he was a player never mind a commentator. Even on the hardest difficulty as long as you piled in to win the ball and hit off of rucks in the same direction twice you could create overlaps and score with ease.

EA only ever made them as World Cup tie-ins after 2006 and even then player/tournament licenses weren't complete, which was a joke considering how little choice there ended up being. Don't know about Jonah Lomu's game but I'm betting it wasn't much better.

All of which is a shame cause I liked Rugby 06 despite everything and I still think there's a good game in there somewhere. Plus despite the fact I sort of looked like pac-man when playing rugby for real, having a game where you could vicariously live out dreams of glory was comforting after losing a lot.
Some people don't so much whizz into the wind as decide to crap directly into the fan. Forshame.
Muppetman51 41