to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Assassin's Creed: how a Prince of Persia spin-off became Ubi

Your comments on our articles.

A trip through time with key Ubisoft creatives

At first stab, the idea sounds ridiculous. An everydude is kidnapped and strapped to a machine designed to relive the life of a distant ancestor - a 14th century assassin who, in the midst of fighting the Knights Templar, is intertwined in the plight of Earth's former occupants, their mind-controlling trinkets, and a quest to save the planet from an impending apocalypse. Ridiculous. Yet the big chair at Ubisoft gave it the green light, and in November 2007, Assassin's Creed was released.... read more

Assassin's Creed: how a Prince of Persia spin-off became Ubi

Postby Jackotiny » 10 Mar 2013, 20:07

just gonna say its cool that i posted first, proud moment haha. as to the actual comment about the article, I have really enjoyed playing the AC series all the way through from beginning to end. I admit that I didn't really enjoy the first AC game it didn't interest me as much.

The story then picked up among the other games, with having other assassin's join you on your missions, and then having a ship in the latest games, it made them so much more enjoyable. I can't wait for the new game to come out it sounds just amazing.
Jackotiny 13

Re: Assassin's Creed: how a Prince of Persia spin-off became

Postby Metalrodent » 11 Mar 2013, 00:00

I actually still like the 1st the best, I liked the 'find guy kill guy' stuff and how you could follow them and strike when you liked. The sequels seemed to forget that and became more scripted and less fun in the assassinations for me.
The orginals simplicity and shortcomings are what make it endearing to me i think
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby CunningSmile » 11 Mar 2013, 10:36

Metalrodent wrote:I actually still like the 1st the best, I liked the 'find guy kill guy' stuff and how you could follow them and strike when you liked. The sequels seemed to forget that and became more scripted and less fun in the assassinations for me.
The orginals simplicity and shortcomings are what make it endearing to me i think

I agree the first had a nice simplicity to it, but the endless repetition of the same two or three mini games before the assassination just made the game such a slog. For me AC2 was the high point as you still had plenty of cool assassinations but the missions leading up to them where far more varied.
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby Gazisdaman » 11 Mar 2013, 10:44

After reading this I feel like they might need to go back to a period where melee combat is the norm, the ranged focus seems to take away from what assassins creed is at heart. :?

p.s. Altair is a 12th century assassin not a 14th. :wink:
Gazisdaman 35