to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Ubisoft: "fresh, different" Assassin's Creed 4 shows we've b

Your comments on our articles.

Creative director salutes the Black Flag

Ubisoft is confident that it can release a new Assassin's Creed title every year without exhausting the franchise, Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag creative director Jean Guesdon has told OXM. It's a simple question of imagination and money. Mostly money, by the looks of things.... read more

Postby Metalrodent » 13 Mar 2013, 17:28

Ins't this exactly what was being said about CoD a few years back? :roll:
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Re: Ubisoft: "fresh, different" Assassin's Creed 4 shows we'

Postby OXM ETboy » 13 Mar 2013, 17:30

OXM: "fresh, different" annual release fatigue story shows that we've beaten annual "annual release fatigue story" fatigue
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Gazisdaman » 13 Mar 2013, 17:36

I like assassin's creed, they are some of my favourite games, the only one I didn't like was AC3, so I don't really care if they are on an annual release schedule, as long as they keep improving them for the better, it gives them a lot of time to explore different settings, like feudal Japan and Victorian London.
Gazisdaman 35

Postby PonderingWalrus » 13 Mar 2013, 17:45

Regardless whether or not continuing the annual release schedule for Assassin's Creed is a good idea, I am really excited for Black Flag. Probably the most excited I have been for an AC game ever.

Assassins and pirates! What's not to like? :D
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby Wadium_Arcadium » 13 Mar 2013, 19:32

The series has been good on the whole but I was very disappointed by AC3. This won't be a day one for me but I'll definitely pick it up at some point.
"The lord of silver fountains, the king of carven stone. The king beneath the mountain shall come into his own. And the bell shall ring in gladness at the mountain king's return, but all shall fail in sadness, and the lake will shine and burn."
Wadium_Arcadium 38

Postby Ciaran Hillock » 13 Mar 2013, 22:56

There's been way too much Assassins's Creed games, they should release one every two years. They've announced a new game and the third games barely been out long.
Ciaran Hillock 8

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 14 Mar 2013, 01:04

Shouldn't they wait to see how Black Flag sells before claiming to have beat franchise fatigue?
Johnbhoy69 51

Postby Jackotiny » 14 Mar 2013, 08:37

Ciaran Hillock wrote:They've announced a new game and the third games barely been out long.

I completely agree, they are still in the middle of bringing out dlc for AC3, i think they should wait until next year and then release it, however i can see a problem with that, which is that the game would have to be on the new console which means less people will buy it
Jackotiny 13

Postby Fionarei » 14 Mar 2013, 10:14

The same type as EA's "customers embrace microtransaction."
Fionarei 13

Postby CunningSmile » 14 Mar 2013, 11:45

For me it's not a series that's built up annual release fatigue. Yes, AC3 wasn't as good but that had nothing to do with the annual release as much as the fact it just wasn't very enjoyable.

Each chapter has still had a strong story, interesting changes in local and some new mechanics to play with. Yes some have been better than others but that wouldn't change if they released them three years apart (and I think AC3's bloat was largely down to the fact they had too long to produce it)

Plus as Walrus said AC4 has me more excited then I've been since AC2 because pirates are cool!
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby princess_baker » 30 Mar 2013, 18:17

I am so glad that they are bringing this game out and it is a different assassin. I love assassin my favourite game ever but Conner didn't really make a impact on me like all the others. But it does look good very good cant wait :D :D
princess_baker 2