to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct - FPS? Less of the S, if

Your comments on our articles.

For a while, Survival Instinct was described as "The Walking Dead FPS". That was a poisonous misnomer, and one that led to instant mistrust. A first-person shooter? Haven't they read the comics or watched the TV show? Shooting a gun is a last-ditch act of desperation. You want to spear those lurching sods in the eyehole with a nice quiet bit of pipe.... read more

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct - FPS? Less of the S, if

Postby FishyGinger » 14 Mar 2013, 13:26

This sounds good, but it'll blatantly be rubbish...je suis muy confused.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 69

Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct - FPS? Less of the S

Postby msbhvn » 14 Mar 2013, 13:57

The Walking Dead is screaming for a Condemned-style melee based survival horror. But no, they hastily cobble together a half-arsed FPS instead. At least we got the wonderful point-and-click TellTale series...
#SaveOXM
msbhvn 68

Postby Wadium_Arcadium » 14 Mar 2013, 20:45

From what I've seen it looks disappointing. It's a shame really as the source material's solid.
"The lord of silver fountains, the king of carven stone. The king beneath the mountain shall come into his own. And the bell shall ring in gladness at the mountain king's return, but all shall fail in sadness, and the lake will shine and burn."
Wadium_Arcadium 38

Postby serenity 97 » 14 Mar 2013, 21:24

personal opinion, but the game looks horrible, looks like a typical rushed Activision game, if you want a zombie apocalypse survival game, just wait for State Of Decay.
serenity 97 13

Postby Dr_Sideways » 15 Mar 2013, 01:04

Really want this game to be good, but its looking more like a cash in every time I see it. I'll get it from the bargain bin when i'v given State of Decay a jolly good seeing to, figuratively speaking.
Dr_Sideways 2

Postby Tug » 17 Mar 2013, 01:01

This looks a little bit... lethargic.
Still, let's give it the benefit of the doubt.
Tug 27

Postby fracturedrich » 17 Mar 2013, 18:14

Tug wrote:This looks a little bit... lethargic.
Still, let's give it the benefit of the doubt.

Ive been reading early user reviews online and there all saying its a good game.The point is gears is out the same day so its going to suffer which is a shame if it is as good as they say.The only thing ime wary of is the how long its going to be,if the game is short with no replay value then i wont be buying it,might pick it up when its quite during the summer months.The vibes are positive which is surprising as it looked rubbish not long ago.
fracturedrich 47