Battlefield 4 boxart surfaces, teaser video coming today - r

Your comments on our articles.

Present day setting and possible lead character revealed

Battlefield 4 will be revealed this month - possibly even today - on Battlefield Premium, according to internet whisperers who've also got hold of what they claim is the game's cover art.... read more

Battlefield 4 boxart surfaces, teaser video coming today - r

Postby GHOSTY05 » 15 Mar 2013, 11:45

I can only imagine how amazing this is going to be on the next gen consoles!
GHOSTY05 44

Re: Battlefield 4 boxart surfaces, teaser video coming today

Postby Metalrodent » 15 Mar 2013, 11:53

that cover preview does not inspire me with a confidence that this game will be new and different
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 72

Postby Bezza89 » 15 Mar 2013, 12:07

Metalrodent wrote:that cover preview does not inspire me with a confidence that this game will be new and different

Nor me, the cover says 'generic warfare 6 incoming'. Don't judge a book, or game by it's cover though, look at Bioshock Infinite. I'd like a picture of a building being levelled with a woman and a man on the front, infers it will bring back destruction and be a bit different.
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 69

Postby Gazisdaman » 15 Mar 2013, 12:28

This is shame, as much as I enjoyed battlefield 3, I hated the art style, it looks I'm doomed to a another neon flashfest. :(
Gazisdaman 35

Postby Plamsa wing » 15 Mar 2013, 17:46

I've always wondered if the people who make these covers have a universal checklist of some sort.

I'd imagine it goes something like this.

Man walking forward away from explosion/battlefield
    Man holding gun.
    Vehicles!
    Destruction.
    Flag, usually American.
    Fire within effect.
    Bold letters covering mans chest. (Title)

Gazisdaman wrote:This is shame, as much as I enjoyed battlefield 3, I hated the art style, it looks I'm doomed to a another neon flashfest. :(

I depsied that neon blue, coupled with the flicker when you're changing sub menu/loadout.
I spilled flour in my uncle's kitchen, now I've got a croissant.
Plamsa wing 57

Postby Samphillips » 15 Mar 2013, 23:14

I really hope they stop this way of adding new multiplayer maps by taking all the space on your harddrive with multiple updates to play the game
Punjuntwarrior on X360 Live :)
Samphillips 3

Postby battfink83 » 16 Mar 2013, 02:59

after being a bf fan since the start and fully enjoying every one up untill bf3, this does not look good tbh.

bf3 is an abomination, everything about it seems like it was designed to insult my eyes and preferences.... bit harsh and selfish i know but still, my hopes for bf to get back to the greatness it was have been dashed ever so slightly more with this artwork..... if its real of course
battfink83 54

Postby GHOSTY05 » 17 Mar 2013, 16:35

Samphillips wrote:I really hope they stop this way of adding new multiplayer maps by taking all the space on your harddrive with multiple updates to play the game

Well with probably over 200gb of space on mine, who really cares?

Just buy a bigger harddrive, at least this game is being updated and supported!
GHOSTY05 44

Postby Metalrodent » 17 Mar 2013, 16:40

GHOSTY05 wrote:
Samphillips wrote:I really hope they stop this way of adding new multiplayer maps by taking all the space on your harddrive with multiple updates to play the game

Well with probably over 200gb of space on mine, who really cares?

Just buy a bigger harddrive

Thats not very fair, not all of us can/could afford the 250gb xbox, and having to buy an entire hardrive for one games updates when most make do with a few 100mb (at most) is a bit ridiculous
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 72

Postby Decent_Jam » 17 Mar 2013, 17:23

Metalrodent wrote:Thats not very fair, not all of us can/could afford the 250gb xbox, and having to buy an entire hardrive for one games updates when most make do with a few 100mb (at most) is a bit ridiculous

Hopefully this is something which will be considered when putting the hardware together for the next Xbox. I suspect there will be a 1TB or so HDD in it, purely because they are so much cheaper now than they were when the 360 came out, I mean you can get a tiny, compact, USB charged 1TB HDD for £40-50 these days, whereas in the past 320GB might have been the biggest in existence.

I appreciate the difficulty there is for those with limited storage though, for whatever reason, I'm pretty easily filling my 250GB at the moment, though there are a LOT of Rock Band songs in the mix, which really add up.
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Playing : MCC, Sunset O, Destiny, TF, Forza 5, KI - head to OXM Nights to meet up.
Decent_Jam 63

Postby GHOSTY05 » 18 Mar 2013, 09:24

[/quote]
Thats not very fair, not all of us can/could afford the 250gb xbox, and having to buy an entire hardrive for one games updates when most make do with a few 100mb (at most) is a bit ridiculous[/quote]

Fair? since when has anything in this world been fair?

Is my council tax fair? no it isn't but i deal with it.

I bought a 320gb drive from game recently for £49.99, yes £49.99, i sold the 250gb i got with my console on ebay for £55, so my 320gb hardrive cost me -£5.00.

You don't need to buy the xbox to buy the drive, you could easily buy a cheap 16gb flash drive for less than £10.00, there really is no excuse.

How the hell in this day and age does anyone manage with a few hundred mb? especially when memory is cheap to come by.
GHOSTY05 44