to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Gears of War - Epic talks copycats, Berserkers and female le

Your comments on our articles.

Art director Chris Perna on "the subtleties of the female form"

With a flashback frame narrative, Left 4 Dead-style adaptive spawning, class-based multiplayer and new tactical trappings, you could be forgiven for calling Gears of War: Judgment a brand new IP. Providing you steer clear of screenshots, anyway.... read more

Gears of War - Epic talks copycats, Berserkers and female le

Postby Metalrodent » 16 Mar 2013, 18:28

Do you think you'd ever make a Gears game with a female lead?

That's certainly interesting but I don't know. If you look at what sells, it's tough to justify something like that.

This is why nothing will change, if studios aren't willing to take a risk then of course things wont advance. just ocasionally people should look beyond money, I mean look at the success of the new Tomb Raider - proof that female led games can and do work without taking anything away from the experience

and if someone refuses to buy a game because it has a female lead then they shouldn't have the right to game at all
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 70

Re: Gears of War - Epic talks copycats, Berserkers and femal

Postby drgonred400 » 17 Mar 2013, 00:54

Really enjoyed that interview. Gears of war judgement looks amazing, and am glad it isn't a complete copy and paste of gears 3.
drgonred400 3

Postby drgonred400 » 17 Mar 2013, 00:56

Metalrodent wrote:
Do you think you'd ever make a Gears game with a female lead?

That's certainly interesting but I don't know. If you look at what sells, it's tough to justify something like that.

This is why nothing will change, if studios aren't willing to take a risk then of course things wont advance. just ocasionally people should look beyond money, I mean look at the success of the new Tomb Raider - proof that female led games can and do work without taking anything away from the experience

and if someone refuses to buy a game because it has a female lead then they shouldn't have the right to game at all

No one is saying that female leads are bad and I feel like you are overreacting. I would enjoy to have more female leads in videogames, but in a game like gears where story doesn't really matter as much its not really necessary.
drgonred400 3

Postby zacho 666 » 17 Mar 2013, 18:05

I see a female Gear with a helmet on, could this be the famous D Carmine?
CANADA BABY!
zacho 666 25