to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2

Your comments on our articles.

There's plenty of scope for improvement with this one

Fun as it is to joust with shotguns and automatic weapons, you can't beat a sniper rifle for lingering satisfaction. There's something deeply more-ish about standing at one side of a huge battlefield and putting a bullet right between the eyes of some lowlife standing at the other side, blissfully unaware of his impending snuffing. It's no less enjoyable in Sniper 2 either - it's just the other stuff surrounding it that disappoints.... read more

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2

Postby TEQUILA V1 » 18 Mar 2013, 18:47

Didnt the previous one have the red dot shot predictor game thing? Also,this hard mode sounds nowhere near realistic eough for me, as not only is there gravity and wind, but crosswinds, humidity, temperature, grain in the bullet, barrel wear and even time of day to take into account, as well as the famous coriollis effect.Of course that just my opinion and the game probably has bigger flaws than lack of realism, so maybe im rambling.
TEQUILA V1 2

Re: Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2

Postby KernowDevil23 » 18 Mar 2013, 18:52

TEQUILA V1 wrote:Didnt the previous one have the red dot shot predictor game thing? Also,this hard mode sounds nowhere near realistic eough for me, as not only is there gravity and wind, but crosswinds, humidity, temperature, grain in the bullet, barrel wear and even time of day to take into account, as well as the famous coriollis effect.Of course that just my opinion and the game probably has bigger flaws than lack of realism, so maybe im rambling.

As much as I like realism in games, I nearly fell asleep reading your ramble about it. None of the above would make a game fun and surely, realism or not, a game has to be fun?
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56

Postby Metalrodent » 18 Mar 2013, 20:36

as much as i was expecting - a shame, there needs to be a decent sniper game

should just kidnap the entire All Ghilled Up team and forced them to make a full game...
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby NobleWarrior92 » 18 Mar 2013, 22:15

TEQUILA V1 wrote:Didnt the previous one have the red dot shot predictor game thing? Also,this hard mode sounds nowhere near realistic eough for me, as not only is there gravity and wind, but crosswinds, humidity, temperature, grain in the bullet, barrel wear and even time of day to take into account, as well as the famous coriollis effect.Of course that just my opinion and the game probably has bigger flaws than lack of realism, so maybe im rambling.

Why not play this game I've thought up of, it sounds like it suits you. You can crawl to a location for several days, constantly adjusting your camouflage all the time, and pressing 'A' to shit in your pants, whilst you are constantly making sure you are never detected by the enemy. You can do all your little calculations, blow a guys brains out, then return back to the mess at Battalion HQ where you are ignored by all your fellow soldiers and are forced to sit there eating your sausage and beans in silence. Heck why not go the whole hog. In Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3, you can even return back to your country and live out the rest of your life, where you suffer from PTSD and have recurring nightmares about the amount of people you've killed, and your family feel alienated because you are no longer the person they thought you were. You press 'X' to question your life, and are angry that the government are doing nothing to help you as you get older, especially due to the sacrifices you have made for your country.

Sorry, it just annoys me when people ask for 100% realism from a game, when what they are actually asking for is a bit of authenticity. No game on an Xbox will ever truly give you that feeling of being a Sniper, because A) No one will buy it, and B) It is truly hard to be a realistic sniper in the comfort of your own home. Games are a form of entertainment, to get the feeling of being a sniper and do the stuff you want to do as listed in your comment, I recommend becoming a Sniper.

Just a side note - if it sounded like I was bashing on Soldiers/Snipers, I wasn't. One of my mates is a Sniper in the RAF Regiment and I can't think highly enough of him, there are also many perks to his job. And I myself am awaiting my selection course for The Paras. Good day :)
NobleWarrior92 13

Postby Janusz Nowacki » 19 Mar 2013, 01:14

Developer of this game: http://city-interactive.com/en/
Janusz Nowacki 1

Postby vadersmyfather » 19 Mar 2013, 14:03

KernowDevil23 wrote:

As much as I like realism in games, I nearly fell asleep reading your ramble about it. None of the above would make a game fun and surely, realism or not, a game has to be fun?

That depends on what you find fun. Some gamers find those aspects fun.
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid it dseno't mttaer the oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer are in the rhgit pclae.
vadersmyfather 48

Postby KernowDevil23 » 19 Mar 2013, 17:44

vadersmyfather wrote:
KernowDevil23 wrote:As much as I like realism in games, I nearly fell asleep reading your ramble about it. None of the above would make a game fun and surely, realism or not, a game has to be fun?

That depends on what you find fun. Some gamers find those aspects fun.

Yeah, okay........
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56

Postby lrrps1969 » 04 Apr 2013, 17:41

I am in expert level on Ghost Warrior 2 and cannot get past swimming through the cave. When I start to swim through, the picture goes black and no strategy I have tried gets me to the cave where I can breathe and I always drown. I have no problem reaching my objective in the first two levels. Is there a clue on the black screen that the system shows me that I may be missing on how to navigate under water in complete blackness?
lrrps1969 1