to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

DICE releases Battlefield 4 teaser trailer - "Prepare 4 batt

Your comments on our articles.

Tanks, guns and terrible puns confirmed

It begins. Well, it'll begin very shortly. DICE has released a video teasing a Battlefield 4 announcement on 27th March, aka next Wednesday. View the thrilling footage here, then take yourself off to a corner and wonder aloud about the game's contents and theme.... read more

DICE releases Battlefield 4 teaser trailer - "Prepare 4 batt

Postby JOHZN » 18 Mar 2013, 19:55

Battlefield is ace, lets hope we get a theatre mode so I can share all my epic kills with my YouTube chums. Its the only thing I like about COD.
JOHZN 19

Re: DICE releases Battlefield 4 teaser trailer - "Prepare 4

Postby Tug » 18 Mar 2013, 20:01

Battlefield is the only realistic shooter I like now a days. All of the others are starting to look the same.
But come on, Battlefield is screaming out for a future setting. Not all this not so distant future rubbish.
I'm sure it would work if it were set 200 years from now.
Looking forward to watching the trailer though.
Tug 27

Postby Bezza89 » 18 Mar 2013, 20:05

Hopefully it'll show us cynics that battlefield is still the one to look out for, if it's a next gen game rather than 360 I can see it doing well, but rent a server still ruins it for me, not enough dice servers made you forced to endure 300000 tickets :roll:
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby Metalrodent » 18 Mar 2013, 20:28

Tug wrote:Battlefield is the only realistic shooter I like now a days. All of the others are starting to look the same.
But come on, Battlefield is screaming out for a future setting. Not all this not so distant future rubbish.

I would direct you to the awesomeness of Battlefield 2142
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby Organic Carrot » 19 Mar 2013, 00:54

What does this remind me of? Oh yes! Every modern FPS ever made! Wake me up when it gets interesting.
Organic Carrot 33

Postby Taxi4toffee » 19 Mar 2013, 10:45

Metalrodent wrote:
Tug wrote:Battlefield is the only realistic shooter I like now a days. All of the others are starting to look the same.

I would direct you to the awesomeness of Battlefield 2142

Or any of the countless futuristic fps with 1 hour long campaigns. A future setting would not set it apart from all these other shooters that look the same that you mentioned. If you want to be a soldier in the future try future soldier maybe or modern warfare? (clues in the name you see)

More of the same please dice, ignore arcade playing COD fools!
Taxi4toffee 2

Postby Gazisdaman » 19 Mar 2013, 12:51

Taxi4toffee wrote:

Or any of the countless futuristic fps with 1 hour long campaigns. A future setting would not set it apart from all these other shooters that look the same that you mentioned. If you want to be a soldier in the future try future soldier maybe or modern warfare? (clues in the name you see)

How did you miss the bit about not near future? Battlefield is set apart by virtue of what it is not by setting, you shouldn't need me to tell you why. Why is anyone who wants to escape the same setting that every fps has used for the last 4 years an arcade playing COD fool?
Gazisdaman 35

Postby Metalrodent » 19 Mar 2013, 13:08

Taxi4toffee wrote:
Metalrodent wrote:I would direct you to the awesomeness of Battlefield 2142

dude your point makes no sense, what he clearly said was he wanted a shooter set in the distant future to which I replied with a game that matched the criteria he asked for, so you reply by talking about CoD and Future Soldier (ie. barely futuristic at all) and then call us fools for suggesting it.
oh and also the Modern Warfare games are actually set in modern times, not the future (clues in the name you see)
Metalrodent 67

Postby Tug » 19 Mar 2013, 19:08

And I had completely forgotten about 2142. And as Mr Rodent outlined, yeah, I would like a game set in the future. Not a warped present day take on the future, not CoD or Future Soldier. Both of them don't tickle my fancy as they are just an enhanced version of a present day setting. It was just a thought.
My one problem with the BF games is how small the player limit is. The maps are designed for PC obviously, so they're a lot bigger than usual, so I was always a little bit disappointed that the xbox one had a limit of 24 players to the PCs 60 odd.
Tug 27

Postby Darkfear44 » 19 Mar 2013, 23:34

What does the first Battlefield 4 promo image tell us about the game?
That it's a Battlefield 3 rehash in order to maximize profits but minimize efforts.
Darkfear44 5

Postby JOHZN » 20 Mar 2013, 02:02

Darkfear44 wrote:What does the first Battlefield 4 promo image tell us about the game?
That it's a Battlefield 3 rehash in order to maximize profits but minimize efforts.

Your only saying that because its an EA game and I don't blame you. They've been pulling this stunt since the days of the snes. But new maps, vehicles, weapons and modes is something to get a touch excited about wouldn't you agree?
JOHZN 19

Postby Metalrodent » 20 Mar 2013, 14:18

JOHZN wrote: But new maps, vehicles, weapons and modes is something to get a touch excited about wouldn't you agree?

Yes, but not at £40 its not.
They have to give us more than 'more BF3', entirely new features, gameplay and (imo) most all a proper single player campaign
Metalrodent 67