to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

EA boss resigns, claims "100 per cent accountability" for re

Your comments on our articles.

John Riccitiello stepping down on 30th March, share price rises 2.6 per cent

EA's chief executive officer John Riccitiello has announced that he will resign his position on 30th March following the company's failure to meet internal financial targets. Former CEO Larry Probst will serve as executive chairman while EA's board searches for a replacement, with EA Sports boss and former Microsoft exec Peter Moore tipped to swing the ballot.... read more

EA boss resigns, claims "100 per cent accountability" for re

Postby Bezza89 » 19 Mar 2013, 11:20

Good/bad for EA? If there's anything that makes shareholders happy it's the illusion that one man makes all the decisions and he's easily replacable - I don't think it will help the image of the company in anyones minds apart from shareholders, if he was responsible for the new IP influx a few years ago I'd say maybe it's a bad thing. That's not including the new IP that didn't do well, amalur, bulletstorm etc. Oh wait, now I'm assuming one man made all the decisions...
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Re: EA boss resigns, claims "100 per cent accountability" fo

Postby OXM ETboy » 19 Mar 2013, 11:40

If there's anything that makes shareholders happy it's the illusion that one man makes all the decisions and he's easily replacable

QFT.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Gazisdaman » 19 Mar 2013, 12:25

Hopefully now EA will realize that screwing over their customers is not a good way to earn money, it's unlikely but hey, a man can dream. :cry:
Gazisdaman 35

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 19 Mar 2013, 12:28

OXM ETboy wrote:
QFT.

Can't find this one in the dictionary, Edwin! Are you starting to make words up? :roll:
AllusiveTurtle 44

Postby Decent_Jam » 19 Mar 2013, 12:39

AllusiveTurtle wrote:Can't find this one in the dictionary, Edwin! Are you starting to make words up? :roll:

I had to google it myself, apparently it stands for "Quoted For Truth"

The more you know and all that...
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Xbox One : Titanfall, Battlefield 4, Killer Instinct, Forza 5, head to OXM Nights for a meet up.
Decent_Jam 58

Postby SilentDark » 19 Mar 2013, 14:34

Gazisdaman wrote:Hopefully now EA will realize that screwing over their customers is not a good way to earn money, it's unlikely but hey, a man can dream. :cry:

Raptor Jesus descending from heaven with free pizza for everyone is far more likely than this :wink:
"You're an interesting fellow as always. I will once again become your hope."
SilentDark 62

Postby FishyGinger » 19 Mar 2013, 14:44

SilentDark wrote:
Gazisdaman wrote:Hopefully now EA will realize that screwing over their customers is not a good way to earn money, it's unlikely but hey, a man can dream. :cry:

Raptor Jesus descending from heaven with free pizza for everyone is far more likely than this :wink:

Is that happening everywhere in the UK or is it just london again? Last time I missed him because of the damned tube strikes.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby Bezza89 » 19 Mar 2013, 14:59

I found raptor jesus quite sharp, ahead of his time one would say. :wink:
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby FishyGinger » 19 Mar 2013, 15:42

Bezza89 wrote:I found raptor jesus quite sharp, ahead of his time one would say. :wink:

His cousin is working in Bagshot Garage, usually there on Friday.

(I'm not actually joking there, he/she really does work there.)
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby Chameleon » 19 Mar 2013, 16:45

Glad he's gone. Oversaw too many bad decisions for all the one's he seems to have got right. Now, if EA really want to improve their bottom line they need to abandon project $10 and vow to keep servers up for at least four years from when a game comes out, or let MS do the hosting. Oh, and let developers develop without interfering.

Otherwise, I really do hope they follow THQ down the pan. Not bankruptcy protection followed by an MBO. All the way - insolvency and liquidation.
Yeah, I'd feel bad for the staff that don't make those sorts of decisions, but the world will be a better place without EA. Some (many?) will disagree with me here, but that's my opinion.
Chameleon 44

Postby msbhvn » 19 Mar 2013, 17:08

OXM ETboy wrote:
If there's anything that makes shareholders happy it's the illusion that one man makes all the decisions and he's easily replacable

QFT.

It would be wonderful if Mr. Pay-for-reloads-in-Battlefield was the source of all the bad decisions at EA and his replacement would fix things, but can we at least have a return to the EA of 2008-2009 when they actually made games and not poorly disguised payment interfaces?

And I thought QFT stood for "quite f***ing true", but the meaning is the same.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby Plamsa wing » 19 Mar 2013, 18:44

I'm sure they won't change one bit, at the end of the day their shareholders comes first. After the recent trouble(?) they've had, I'm sure he didn't leave without that ever so subtle push.

On the chance they do change for the better, I'll be sure to eat my own foot though.
Last edited by Plamsa wing on 20 Mar 2013, 00:27, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey! Don't lob factual statements at me as if they're insults!"
Plamsa wing 54

Postby Darkfear44 » 19 Mar 2013, 23:28

Hell is offering more money.
Darkfear44 5

Postby msbhvn » 20 Mar 2013, 00:08

This thread has led me to a true "road to Damascus" moment. I now accept Raptor Jesus as my Lord and Saviour and I'm 100% proud of it.

Down with Satanasaurus Rex, aka John Riccitiello.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66