to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Gears of War: Judgment multiplayer demo, Tomb Raider DLC Cav

Your comments on our articles.

Two for the price of one news post

Time waits for no man, life is fleeting and I simply don't have the energy to write two separate news articles about two separate topics this afternoon, hence the below exciting all-in one write-up. Tomb Raider! Gears of War: Judgment! Which do you love more? Let them fight for our affection, readers, like dogs for table scraps.... read more

Gears of War: Judgment multiplayer demo, Tomb Raider DLC Cav

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 19 Mar 2013, 17:31

I've been playing the Overrun demo for the past hour and... it's okay. It feels like an enhanced Beast (which it obviously is), but for me, Beast was never really a time sink, and from the demo, I cannot see me pouring the same number of hours into Overrun as I have Horde in either 2 or 3. Admittedly there is only one map in the demo, and only 8 Locust to choose from and thus there will/maybe more to come from the game proper, but I’m not yet sold on what is probably the game mode that has received the most hype from JudgEment. The characters feel a little twitchy, and it is pretty amusing to watch those controlling Cole attempting to throw grenades at the enemy, only to have an ammo box fall at the feet of an approaching Locust!

I’ll give it time, but I’m yet to be convinced that this ‘evolution’ Beast and Horde is a worthy replacement for Horde proper..
AllusiveTurtle 44

Re: Gears of War: Judgment multiplayer demo, Tomb Raider DLC

Postby Thos. » 19 Mar 2013, 18:14

144.14 GB !?!
Thos. 45

Postby KernowDevil23 » 19 Mar 2013, 18:28

Thos. wrote:144.14 GB !?!

I might be wrong because I've not seen it yet but maybe it's more like 1.44GB?

Seeing as the whole game fits on a disc with nowhere near that capacity......Just a hunch.
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56

Postby Geois » 19 Mar 2013, 19:47

KernowDevil23 wrote:
Thos. wrote:144.14 GB !?!

I might be wrong because I've not seen it yet but maybe it's more like 1.44GB?

Seeing as the whole game fits on a disc with nowhere near that capacity......Just a hunch.

I'd go with 144.14 MB.
Geois 14

Postby fracturedrich » 19 Mar 2013, 22:52

I love it,i didn't think i would but i do,it runs great i dont no about having to have to play as a girl for a medic can you change this in the full game or are we stuck.Overall ime impressed i cant wait to play the full game does all the other modes play as well,i think the y button to switch weapons is a master stroke.The cerapede with its rise and spit was just a game changer,i cant wait to play on the other maps.
fracturedrich 47

Postby techn0t0ne » 20 Mar 2013, 03:54

fracturedrich wrote:i dont no about having to have to play as a girl for a medic can you change this in the full game or are we stuck.

I was wondering this myself....

But i cant really see them locking the gender to a specific class and vice versa.....surely not

You might as well chuck her a flowery pinny and be done with it
techn0t0ne 17