to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Crystal Dynamics: Tomb Raider 2 will continue reboot storyli

Your comments on our articles.

"At this time there are no plans for single player DLC."

You can't make a sequel to your Tomb Raider prequel, Crystal Dynamics. That's just... wrong, like Marty McFly sleeping with his own mother. Alas, this unnatural prospect is a very probable one, according to global brand director Karl Stewart.... read more

Crystal Dynamics: Tomb Raider 2 will continue reboot storyli

Postby msbhvn » 20 Mar 2013, 13:35

No single player DLC + Crap Multiplayer = Early Trade-in. Which completely defeats the object of shoe-horning multiplayer into it in the first place, no?
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Re: Crystal Dynamics: Tomb Raider 2 will continue reboot sto

Postby Plamsa wing » 20 Mar 2013, 15:29

I'd like to know just how many people will be playing the multiplayer in a couple of months time, let alone buy the DLC.

I couldn't even finish one match, it's actually quite boring. It reminds me of the Bioshock 2 multiplayer, only that was fun in it's own little way and I did play for a bit.

It's a shame they won't support the biggest part of the game, I'd have liked to more tombs, not just small rooms with a puzzle even a child could solve and a slow walking section.
"Hey! Don't lob factual statements at me as if they're insults!"
Plamsa wing 54

Postby Bezza89 » 20 Mar 2013, 15:33

Plamsa wing wrote:I'd like to know just how many people will be playing the multiplayer in a couple of months time, let alone buy the DLC.

I'd like to know how many do now.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby kevicus12 » 20 Mar 2013, 22:38

The very first Tomb Raider is one of my all-time favourite games. It managed to create excitement and drama without any ridiculous PRESS X NOW! PRESS Y NOW! WAGGLE THE LEFT STICK! PRESS X NOW! RIGHT TRIGGER LEFT TRIGGER RIGHT TRIGGER LEFT TRIGGER RIGHT TRIGGER LEFT TRIGGER!

QTE's... try creativity and ingenuity instead.
kevicus12 22

Postby Miss Sam » 26 Mar 2013, 22:25

What rubbish is this writer talking? Tomb Raider (2013) wasn't a prequel, it was a bloody reboot, and a cracking successful one at that. I look forward to the sequel and to further adventures with this Lara more than I've ever anticipated a TR game. :D
Miss Sam 2