to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Crystal Dynamics: Tomb Raider 2 will continue reboot storyli

Your comments on our articles.

"At this time there are no plans for single player DLC."

You can't make a sequel to your Tomb Raider prequel, Crystal Dynamics. That's just... wrong, like Marty McFly sleeping with his own mother. Alas, this unnatural prospect is a very probable one, according to global brand director Karl Stewart.... read more

Crystal Dynamics: Tomb Raider 2 will continue reboot storyli

Postby msbhvn » 20 Mar 2013, 13:35

No single player DLC + Crap Multiplayer = Early Trade-in. Which completely defeats the object of shoe-horning multiplayer into it in the first place, no?
The new first law of the internet: For every action, there is an irrational and disproportionate social media overreaction.
msbhvn 69

Re: Crystal Dynamics: Tomb Raider 2 will continue reboot sto

Postby Plamsa wing » 20 Mar 2013, 15:29

I'd like to know just how many people will be playing the multiplayer in a couple of months time, let alone buy the DLC.

I couldn't even finish one match, it's actually quite boring. It reminds me of the Bioshock 2 multiplayer, only that was fun in it's own little way and I did play for a bit.

It's a shame they won't support the biggest part of the game, I'd have liked to more tombs, not just small rooms with a puzzle even a child could solve and a slow walking section.
I spilled flour in my uncle's kitchen, now I've got a croissant.
Plamsa wing 57

Postby Bezza89 » 20 Mar 2013, 15:33

Plamsa wing wrote:I'd like to know just how many people will be playing the multiplayer in a couple of months time, let alone buy the DLC.

I'd like to know how many do now.
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 68

Postby kevicus12 » 20 Mar 2013, 22:38

The very first Tomb Raider is one of my all-time favourite games. It managed to create excitement and drama without any ridiculous PRESS X NOW! PRESS Y NOW! WAGGLE THE LEFT STICK! PRESS X NOW! RIGHT TRIGGER LEFT TRIGGER RIGHT TRIGGER LEFT TRIGGER RIGHT TRIGGER LEFT TRIGGER!

QTE's... try creativity and ingenuity instead.
kevicus12 22

Postby Miss Sam » 26 Mar 2013, 22:25

What rubbish is this writer talking? Tomb Raider (2013) wasn't a prequel, it was a bloody reboot, and a cracking successful one at that. I look forward to the sequel and to further adventures with this Lara more than I've ever anticipated a TR game. :D
Miss Sam 2