Defiance: Trion Worlds talks Bungie's Destiny, console MMOs

Your comments on our articles.

Nathan Richardsson on the future of massively multiplayer action

Though relatively undersung, Trion Worlds' Defiance is one of this year's most interesting - and risky - releases. Not content with merely being a massively multiplayer action title on console, it will coincide with a new Syfy TV series - events in the show will have an impact on the game's world, and vice versa. It's an unprecedented move.... read more

Defiance: Trion Worlds talks Bungie's Destiny, console MMOs

Postby PaladinRonin » 20 Mar 2013, 17:25

The idea of tieing the game with a TV show is interesting. I'd like to see how that would work. However, based on that trailer, it does appear to be rather light-hearted which might be a dissapointment as I certainly don't want another Borderlands, at lest not in terms of flavour.
"I am justice incarnate: Brought to this world by forces beyond your comprehension. A cleansing storm to sweep across the land and purge it of your foul presence. I am Dust."
PaladinRonin 32

Re: Defiance: Trion Worlds talks Bungie's Destiny, console M

Postby funkysideorder » 20 Mar 2013, 21:20

It certainly looks ambitious, I'm hoping it lives up to what the developers want it to be. Mostly because I want more developers to look at MMOs on consoles before ruling them out as a possible game type. I agree with Paladin, those screenshots screamed Borderlands, it might just be the visuals though.

I could see quite a few influences from other games in that trailer, the part where the guy turned into larvae reminded me of the flood in Halo, and the wackiness of the weapons almost seemed a bit Bulletstorm-y.
funkysideorder 21

Postby Plamsa wing » 20 Mar 2013, 22:25

It does look interesting, but at the same time it looks like I've seen it all before in other games.

Any chance of you fine gentlemen doing one of your fancy new live streams for this game? I'm interested in seeing some proper non-cut gameplay.
I spilled flour in my uncle's kitchen, now I've got a croissant.
Plamsa wing 57

Postby ennsta » 21 Mar 2013, 02:39

Plamsa wing wrote:It does look interesting, but at the same time it looks like I've seen it all before in other games.

Any chance of you fine gentlemen doing one of your fancy new live streams for this game? I'm interested in seeing some proper non-cut gameplay.

Yup, we're frequently on http://www.twitch.tv/, the entire weekend was full of streams from our closed Alpha servers.
ennsta 1