to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Another Battlefield 4 video teaser arrives - DICE to deliver

Your comments on our articles.

The crest of the wave

I've been wondering what the Big New Thing with Battlefield 4 will be. Going by the latest teaser video, that Big New Thing is waging war at sea, which means the game will compete directly with Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag. Or not. How many beards has yours got, DICE? Because Ubisoft's way ahead of the pack when it comes to nautical facial follicles.... read more

Another Battlefield 4 video teaser arrives - DICE to deliver

Postby Gazisdaman » 21 Mar 2013, 18:24

I'm so glad about this, I really love a good naval combat game, but there are hardly any. All the new IP's fail because there isn't enough audience and many of the indie games aren't really what I want, hopefully by incorporating it into a game like battlefield I can actually enjoy naval combat with some decent production values. :D
Gazisdaman 35

Re: Another Battlefield 4 video teaser arrives - DICE to del

Postby Metalrodent » 21 Mar 2013, 18:34

ok decent naval combat might make me more interested

but if they put it into story mode it better not be another 'Going Hunting'
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby Bezza89 » 21 Mar 2013, 19:37

I'm rational enough to save judgement until real information is released, the ghastly orange glow against the grey backdrop made famous by the predecessor, is not very exciting - but I certainly wouldn't go the way of the internet and assume the game will be the same/or conjour up naval combat from these things from the tidbits given, a rotor. Could be a boat, in fact it's probably a boat.

My point is I'd love for subs and varied naval warfare but I fear people are either getting their expectations way too high or dismissing the game as exactly the same as #3, based on colour. Based on colour - it's really perplexing. I look forward to finding out more about the game, which is exactly the feeling a teaser should generate.
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 68

Postby Samphillips » 21 Mar 2013, 21:28

I Want this game !!!! Naval warfare would be a great addition to the already great multiplayer :)
Punjuntwarrior on X360 Live :)
Samphillips 3

Postby CAP198462 » 23 Mar 2013, 04:21

I don't see what's so different about naval battles in Battlefield. It's been in other games in the franchise. BF42 had them, BF Vietnam had boats too, why is it a big deal?
CAP198462 12

Postby IrishHugo » 23 Mar 2013, 10:12

CAP198462 wrote:I don't see what's so different about naval battles in Battlefield. It's been in other games in the franchise. BF42 had them, BF Vietnam had boats too, why is it a big deal?

For the people who never played BF1942, just played BF3, they don't know what naval combat is like and are looking forward to a new addition. I thought naval combat in BF 1942 was great, and I hope they do bring it back with carriers, destroyers and subs, which they might well do. I really hope they up destruction, as I thought compared to BFBC2, BF3s destruction was really poor.
Gamertag: IrishHugo
Always looking for people to play BF4 with! One of the bajillions of small youtubers out there, specialize in everything bf4.
IrishHugo 42