Another Battlefield 4 video teaser arrives - DICE to deliver

Your comments on our articles.

The crest of the wave

I've been wondering what the Big New Thing with Battlefield 4 will be. Going by the latest teaser video, that Big New Thing is waging war at sea, which means the game will compete directly with Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag. Or not. How many beards has yours got, DICE? Because Ubisoft's way ahead of the pack when it comes to nautical facial follicles.... read more

Another Battlefield 4 video teaser arrives - DICE to deliver

Postby Gazisdaman » 21 Mar 2013, 18:24

I'm so glad about this, I really love a good naval combat game, but there are hardly any. All the new IP's fail because there isn't enough audience and many of the indie games aren't really what I want, hopefully by incorporating it into a game like battlefield I can actually enjoy naval combat with some decent production values. :D
Gazisdaman 35

Re: Another Battlefield 4 video teaser arrives - DICE to del

Postby Metalrodent » 21 Mar 2013, 18:34

ok decent naval combat might make me more interested

but if they put it into story mode it better not be another 'Going Hunting'
People get confused when a sentence doesn't end the way they potato.

Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 72

Postby Bezza89 » 21 Mar 2013, 19:37

I'm rational enough to save judgement until real information is released, the ghastly orange glow against the grey backdrop made famous by the predecessor, is not very exciting - but I certainly wouldn't go the way of the internet and assume the game will be the same/or conjour up naval combat from these things from the tidbits given, a rotor. Could be a boat, in fact it's probably a boat.

My point is I'd love for subs and varied naval warfare but I fear people are either getting their expectations way too high or dismissing the game as exactly the same as #3, based on colour. Based on colour - it's really perplexing. I look forward to finding out more about the game, which is exactly the feeling a teaser should generate.
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 69

Postby Samphillips » 21 Mar 2013, 21:28

I Want this game !!!! Naval warfare would be a great addition to the already great multiplayer :)
Punjuntwarrior on X360 Live :)
Samphillips 3

Postby CAP198462 » 23 Mar 2013, 04:21

I don't see what's so different about naval battles in Battlefield. It's been in other games in the franchise. BF42 had them, BF Vietnam had boats too, why is it a big deal?
CAP198462 12

Postby IrishHugo » 23 Mar 2013, 10:12

CAP198462 wrote:I don't see what's so different about naval battles in Battlefield. It's been in other games in the franchise. BF42 had them, BF Vietnam had boats too, why is it a big deal?

For the people who never played BF1942, just played BF3, they don't know what naval combat is like and are looking forward to a new addition. I thought naval combat in BF 1942 was great, and I hope they do bring it back with carriers, destroyers and subs, which they might well do. I really hope they up destruction, as I thought compared to BFBC2, BF3s destruction was really poor.
Gamertag: IrishHugo
Always looking for people to play BF4 with! One of the bajillions of small youtubers out there, specialize in everything bf4.
IrishHugo 44