The Halo 5 Interview Experience

Your comments on our articles.

Guest-starring 343's Dan Ayoub

343's executive producer Dan Ayoub is not going to tell me a goddamn thing about Halo 5, and that's rather a shame because I am going to ask him about literally nothing eIse.... read more

The Halo 5 Interview Experience

Postby Metalrodent » 22 Mar 2013, 16:54

should have asked him if they were gonna introduce any more Vehicles into 4 (eg. bring back Hornet or something)

also if they will bring female marines back for 5, it felt weird them not being there in 4 - like a step backwards
People get confused when a sentence doesn't end the way they potato.

Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 72

Re: The Halo 5 Interview Experience

Postby Metalrodent » 22 Mar 2013, 18:44

MasterChiefJ117 wrote: Spartan ops episode 1 to 5 were not very good in my opinion, but 6 to 10 were amazing

The first 5 weren't great, the 3 vehicle ones were great fun but yeah meh otherwise. I would have really enjoyed 6-10 just a shame that the matchmaking games I got put into were spoilt by lag, betrayers and frequent people joining and then not playing (ie. making me work for their points) - so I got unlucky there :lol: But does bode well if they ever make series 3

Metalrodent 72

Postby xPearse » 22 Mar 2013, 22:09

I found Halo 4 to be the worst game of 2012 for me, adding stuff from COD and not keeping what made halo halo. Go back to halo 2/3 style of multiplayer. The enemies are hunchback skeleton men with the dogs from mass effect 2, oh yea guess what they're also robotic. The overall design was poor and I was really upset about what you have done to the franchise as a whole, terrible.

Huh humans don't come from earth but another galaxy and attacked the forerunners bringing the flood on their trails bull, trying a battleship galactica on us except that was good and Halo 4 isn't. After the fiasco that was halo reach we got something just as bad, should have never given it to those idiots at 343 and I own and have played all the halo games and im PO and im not going to bother with another halo game ever.
xPearse 26

Postby Metalrodent » 22 Mar 2013, 22:21

Halo 4 was the worst game of 2012?
Even from a opinion point it still cant be called that, I mean at least it actually worked, unlike a lot of games

Metalrodent 72

Postby xPearse » 22 Mar 2013, 22:52

Well resident evil 6 is better game by far, worst overall that I played though.
xPearse 26

Postby PonderingWalrus » 23 Mar 2013, 14:08

MasterChiefJ117 wrote:Halo 4 Forge creators rejoice, a new Forge Map with a series of wide open spaces is coming on April 11, it's a free, and it's called Forge Island. :D

It's actually a series of three islands in one giant open water area. The first island is a very large open space, the other two are medium and small sized. All three are very flat and unobstructed for pixel perfect Forging. Forge Island is compatible with the current set of Forge tools, but it will also introduce some new items into the Forge palette as well. :D

Forge Island will be available to download for free on April 11, just a few days after the Castle Map Pack, which will be available for download on April 8! :wink:

I like the sound of that!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby Decent_Jam » 24 Mar 2013, 19:23

Agreed, there isn't enough open world sandbox style mayhem (a la Sandtrap) in Halo 4.

Generally for me I'd say it was well worth what I paid, which was not full price, and the fact that 343 are continuing to update, introduce new modes and such is commendable. The small number of maps per DLC pack has put me of investing further cash, as I did in all of its predecessors.

What exactly was the problem with Halo Reach by the way? I thought it was easily up there with the likes of 3 and the quirky, different take which was ODST.

As for your interview saga Edwin, it seems like you fought hard but in the end were bested by a well-prepared opponent. Next time have us lot on standby in a Google+ hangout (or some new-fangled thing) to help you counter his devious avoidance tactics.

On the other hand it may just be that it's still a bit early to be leaking details, regardless of the amount of prodding?
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Playing : MCC, Sunset O, Destiny, TF, Forza 5, KI - head to OXM Nights to meet up.
Decent_Jam 63

Postby PonderingWalrus » 24 Mar 2013, 23:32

Decent_Jam wrote:What exactly was the problem with Halo Reach by the way? I thought it was easily up there with the likes of 3 and the quirky, different take which was ODST.

I'd say Reach was above and beyond Halo 3 considerably. I mean 3 was great, and I was disappointed with the lack of a Scarab fight in Reach but, overall, I think Reach stands as the strongest entry in the series to date.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby OXM ETboy » 24 Mar 2013, 23:46

As for your interview saga Edwin, it seems like you fought hard but in the end were bested by a well-prepared opponent. Next time have us lot on standby in a Google+ hangout (or some new-fangled thing) to help you counter his devious avoidance tactics.

Tag-team interviewing? I like the sound of that. Bagsy bad cop.

It's never too early to ask about the next game in a series, especially when the game in question is a showpiece for an unannounced platform ;)

I think Reach has the best multiplayer, but I prefer Halo 3's campaign.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Metalrodent » 24 Mar 2013, 23:50

OXM ETboy wrote:
I think Reach has the best multiplayer, but I prefer Halo 3's campaign.

Would probably agree with that

Metalrodent 72

Postby Waffles2541 » 13 Jun 2013, 22:35

Is it strange that I felt that Halo 3: ODST had the best campaign. I felt all of the characters were really well developed, the atmosphere created by the gloominess of New Mombasa and the (in my opinion best) soundtrack made it incredibly memorable. Despite all the grand set pieces Halo 3 gave us, something about ODST really stuck for me.

The non-linear (if you wanted) story line was also very good. As you had to piece together what had occurred by all of the items you found during your travels. Granted it wasn't exactly a complex mystery and you don't really have to do much thinking to unravel it, but it was a fresh sight of relief from the more linear gameplay that we got from Halo games (yes even the more sandboxy Halo: CE).

I totally agree on Reach having the best multiplayer. Used to Play Firefight and Invasion for hours on end, shame they didn't quit e make it into Halo 4.

I personally have very high hopes for Halo 5. 343 released a very good game that did need some work. They are clearly learning from supposed errors and I put faith into them that the next Halo game will bow us out of the water and have us flopping around on dry land gasping for sustenance from the bossom of Xbox's headline game.
I had fun once, it was awful.
Waffles2541 40