to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - how Sam Fisher turned into Comman

Your comments on our articles.

Log signs up for some Black (and Green) Ops

When Sam Fisher completes his annual company-mandated appraisal, you can imagine his line manager outlining one area for significant potential improvement: interpersonal skills. Fisher likes to avoid human encounters wherever possible, and when circumstances force him into situations that deal with people, they tend to suffer an immediate decline in consciousness.... read more

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - how Sam Fisher turned into Comman

Postby Spiderless » 23 Mar 2013, 12:37

Screenshot number 12 is hilarious.
I know its only a game, but isn't "army of super evil terrorists wanting to blow up our-saviour-America" getting a bit old? (Had a feeling the article was hinting at this anyway) Not to mention warping the public mind-set etc etc...
Spiderless 25

Re: Splinter Cell: Blacklist - how Sam Fisher turned into Co

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 23 Mar 2013, 13:42

This is sounding pretty good so far. I loved Conviction and my play style is always a bit panther like unless the mission objectives say otherwise. I did however miss the true stealth elements though. I think it was Pandora Tomorrow where in one part you are on a train and have to make your way through the carriages to hear a secret meeting taking place. It was a great level, one that will always stick with me.

The plot of conviction was pretty well executed I thought but I have to agree the whole death to the west thing is beyond played out. I think the Splinter Cell series needs a villain. Not a mad scientist type or someone hellbent on world domination someone who is a match for Sam physically could be interesting.
Johnbhoy69 55

Postby fracturedrich » 23 Mar 2013, 14:50

[quote="Johnbhoy69"]This is sounding pretty good so far. I loved Conviction and my play style is always a bit panther like unless the mission objectives say otherwise. I did however miss the true stealth elements though. I think it was Pandora Tomorrow where in one part you are on a train and have to make your way through the carriages to hear a secret meeting taking place. It was a great level, one that will always stick with me.That comment bought back a few memorys,i no every inch of that train,great game.
fracturedrich 47

Postby Metalrodent » 23 Mar 2013, 16:26

Spiderless wrote:I know its only a game, but isn't "army of super evil terrorists wanting to blow up our-saviour-America" getting a bit old? (Had a feeling the article was hinting at this anyway) Not to mention warping the public mind-set etc etc...

this IS a Tom Clancy series, they're not known for their fairness to the rest of the world (even America's allies). If they made a game which didn't feature a victimised America slaughtering tons of 'evil' foreigners then I think their main fanbase would revolt.
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby TomAZ600 » 23 Mar 2013, 18:33

I've read the books, and Shadownet is like a subset within Third Echelon, so I'm thinking a multiplayer co-op deal like Chaos Theory or Conviction.
TomAZ600 35